Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Move generation event Final Part - Fixing Move names
Wait, I can think straight now 0.o
I think the 24% is from the enemy, so doesn't it go like damage= 27(if <50%, 2) + 24% of enemy's HP or something?
The seriously distracting part is where it says, "it deals x damage," because it could mean that it deals that exact damage even with extra damage. There's also some moves similar to this.

I think some move effects needs to be renamed 0.o
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
(2013-01-13, 01:44 PM)Ramza_X Wrote: Wee~~ We're done! ^^

Question: One move description says "Extra damage, 24% of enemy's HP. Double damage if user has less than 50% of their HP. This move deals 27 damage, as long as the enemy is not immune."

Does this mean that it deals an extra 24% damage after the 27 damage, and if at full health deals 54 instead? Or it always deals 27 damage? I'm confused with it for some unknown reason 0.o

i see your point

now this is an important issue actually

they are all stackable

so it deals default 27 damage
24% extra damage is stacked
and half is also stacked

but there are some things that can not be stacked

for example level based random damage and constant damage
if there are moves that got these 2 together that means it is a very serious system error Big Grin
^ So if it says "deals x damage" and "damage is based on level," we have a problem. *searches all the moves for such description*

Sir, I have a followup question. How are the damage approximately calculated for  level based moves?
- Ramza Beoulve
the move effects will be ordered like below. current not this way but it will be at next update

apply all variables such as stab damage base power increase type effects etc

calculate final damage

then

if level based random damage (if type not immune) overwrite final damage

then if constant damage (if type not immune) overwrite final damage again

then if constant random damage (if type not immune) overwrite final damage again

then double damage stacked
then damage enemy life percent stacked
then if less than half hp double damage stacked

finally checks whether leaves enemy with 1 hp or not and tune damage for leave 1 hp

so if there is a move that contains multiple of those overwrites it is a problem (constant damage random constant or level based random)
(2013-01-13, 02:40 PM)Ramza_X Wrote: ^ So if it says "deals x damage" and "damage is based on level," we have a problem. *searches all the moves for such description*

Sir, I have a followup question. How are the damage approximately calculated for  level based moves?

level based random damage

damage = (random value between 10-25 x level user) / 10;

so for a 100 level 100-250 damage
ok i checked the software and there is no inflicting moves Big Grin

i am glad that i prepared the software not inflicting ^^
Yeah, I've more or less scanned the whole move list, and so far, no move has level based, constant damage, and constant random damage together in the move description.
- Ramza Beoulve
Great Job getting the move completed everyone. Sorry I came in so late lol
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
hey do we still have unique attack? I've seen ones with a fixed type... but it'd be useless for my simoly...
[Image: FeraligatrSig.png]
LIKE A BOSS

(2013-01-13, 11:21 PM)ShockZekrom Wrote: hey do we still have unique attack? I've seen ones with a fixed type... but it'd be useless for my simoly...
This.

If not, can we tack it on the end?  Unique Power has always been a crazy surprise.  <3
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
(2013-01-13, 11:33 PM)Henrie Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 11:21 PM)ShockZekrom Wrote: hey do we still have unique attack? I've seen ones with a fixed type... but it'd be useless for my simoly...
This.

If not, can we tack it on the end?  Unique Power has always been a crazy surprise.  <3
Exactly. I have a supportive simoly, unique attack of 113, dragon-type. hat's epic, some people have it better, though. it's always unpredictable, and should be kept.
[Image: FeraligatrSig.png]
LIKE A BOSS

(2013-01-13, 11:39 PM)ShockZekrom Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 11:33 PM)Henrie Wrote:
This.

Exactly. I have a supportive simoly, unique attack of 113, dragon-type. hat's epic, some people have it better, though. it's always unpredictable, and should be kept.

i did not get what you mean can you explain ?
(2013-01-14, 06:19 AM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 11:39 PM)ShockZekrom Wrote: Exactly. I have a supportive simoly, unique attack of 113, dragon-type. hat's epic, some people have it better, though. it's always unpredictable, and should be kept.

i did not get what you mean can you explain ?
He was just making a case for the Version 1 move 'Unique power' to be carried over to Version 2.

I also think it should stay. It's a good move.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2013-01-14, 06:26 AM)Knost Wrote: He was just making a case for the Version 1 move 'Unique power' to be carried over to Version 2.

I think I saw a move with the description saying, "the base power is equal to the Monster's Unique Power" or something like that. Wait, lemme search.

EDIT-
Well, there's 18 moves with the description "This move's base power is equal to the user's Unique Power." 18 moves for 18 different types.
Meaning, there are 18 moves equivalent to the move "Unique Attack," just that this time, it goes with all 18 types, not just Normal type.

The moves are Move ID#s:
2078(Bug type) 
1052 (Dark type)
1871 (Dragon type)
1808 (Electric type)
1512 (Fighting type)
1171 (Fire type)
1578 (Flying type)
1868 (Ghost type)
1330 (Grass type)
2031 (Ground type)
1883 (Ice type)
1340 (Light type)
765 (Normal type)
1520 (Poison type)
1403 (Psychic type)
1909 (Rock type)
1684 (Steel type)
1556 (Water type)
- Ramza Beoulve
(2013-01-14, 01:10 PM)Ramza_X Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 06:26 AM)Knost Wrote: He was just making a case for the Version 1 move 'Unique power' to be carried over to Version 2.

I think I saw a move with the description saying, "the base power is equal to the Monster's Unique Power" or something like that. Wait, lemme search.

EDIT-
Well, there's 18 moves with the description "This move's base power is equal to the user's Unique Power." 18 moves for 18 different types.
Meaning, there are 18 moves equivalent to the move "Unique Attack," just that this time, it goes with all 18 types, not just Normal type.

The moves are Move ID#s:
2078(Bug type) 
1052 (Dark type)
1871 (Dragon type)
1808 (Electric type)
1512 (Fighting type)
1171 (Fire type)
1578 (Flying type)
1868 (Ghost type)
1330 (Grass type)
2031 (Ground type)
1883 (Ice type)
1340 (Light type)
765 (Normal type)
1520 (Poison type)
1403 (Psychic type)
1909 (Rock type)
1684 (Steel type)
1556 (Water type)
But isn't the point that its unique to the monster because of its typing?
Yeah, we have 18 'new' versions of Unique Power, with a predetermined type, but a variable power dependent on the monster.

Wheras V1 Unique Power made it possible to have a totally random attack type on your monster, V2 Unique Powers are more likely to be of your monster's current types.

Which is kinda nice for stab purposes, really.

It would be super if the random type, random power, V1 Unique Power was included in V2.  That, or, have each of the above attacks available to every monster through MTs.  That way you could essentially choose your monsters Unique Power typing.
(2013-01-15, 03:04 AM)Henrie Wrote: Yeah, we have 18 'new' versions of Unique Power, with a predetermined type, but a variable power dependent on the monster.

Wheras V1 Unique Power made it possible to have a totally random attack type on your monster, V2 Unique Powers are more likely to be of your monster's current types.

Which is kinda nice for stab purposes, really.

It would be super if the random type, random power, V1 Unique Power was included in V2.  That, or, have each of the above attacks available to every monster through MTs.  That way you could essentially choose your monsters Unique Power typing.
I like your last idea. The element of surprise would be awesome for pvp.
I prefer having  unique power as a random type on each individual monster as it is now in version 1.
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
ok need new names for the following 29 moves

Power Source
Size Up
Tail Wag
Distraction
Kings Armor
Life Source
Odd Dance
Regular Heal
Sound Wave
Sticky Floor
Tricky Fun
Round Strike
Wind Chill
Disorient
Equality
Stone Skin
Burning Slap
Tranquility
Normal Symbol
Pure Light
Sleep Song
High Frequency
Stinger
Love Spell
Freezing Rain
Lightning Bomb
Icicle Spikes
Riptide
Phantom Strike
Power Source type: Normal category: Special effect: This move decreases enemy monster's SpAttack stat 1 stage. .
Size Up type: Normal category: Special effect: This move increases the move using monster's Speed stat 1 stage. .
Tail Wag type: Normal category: Status effect: Removes all stat changes from the enemy and the user, positive and negative. This move decreases enemy monster's Defense stat 1 stage. . 18% chance to make the enemy Poison. .
Distraction type: Normal category: Special effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Kings Armor type: Normal category: Special effect: Removes all stat changes from the enemy and the user, positive and negative. 20% chance to make the enemy Confuse. . 10% chance to make the enemy Paralyze. .
Life Source type: Normal category: Special effect: Double damage if the enemy strikes first this turn.
Odd Dance type: Normal category: Special effect: 20% chance to make the enemy Sleep. .
Regular Heal type: Normal category: Special effect: User recovers 22% of their maximum HP.
Sound Wave type: Normal category: Special effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Sticky Floor type: Normal category: Special effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Tricky Fun type: Normal category: Special effect: 22% chance to make the enemy Burn. . 10% chance to make the enemy Cringe. .
Round Strike type: Bug category: Special effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Wind Chill type: Ice category: Special effect: This move increases the move using monster's Defense stat 1 stage. .
Disorient type: Psychic category: Physical effect: This move increases the move using monster's Attack stat 1 stage. .  User recovers 10% of the damage dealt.
Equality type: Normal category: Special effect: This move decreases enemy monster's Attack stat 2 stages. .
Stone Skin type: Normal category: Special effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Burning Slap type: Fire category: Status effect: This move increases the move using monster's Speed stat 3 stages. .
Tranquility type: Normal category: Special effect: User recovers 21% of their maximum HP. 10% chance to make the enemy Paralyze. .
Normal Symbol type: Normal category: Physical effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Pure Light type: Light category: Physical effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Sleep Song type: Normal category: Status effect: 100% chance to make the enemy Burn. .  Randomly increases 1 of the user's stats by 2 stages.
High Frequency type: Normal category: Special effect: 39% Recoil damage. Randomly increases 1 of the user's stats by 2 stages. 10% chance to make the enemy Sleep. .
Stinger type: Bug category: Special effect: 10% chance to make the enemy Confuse. .  User recovers 10% of their maximum HP.
Love Spell type: Normal category: Special effect: This move decreases enemy monster's Attack stat 3 stages. .  Randomly decreases 2 of the enemy's stats by 2 stages.
Freezing Rain type: Ice category: Special effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Lightning Bomb type: Electric category: Special effect: After attacking, the user must rest a turn. Randomly increases 1 of the user's stats by 2 stages.
Icicle Spikes type: Ice category: Special effect: Regular move. No extra feature.
Riptide type: Water category: Special effect: User recovers 30% of their maximum HP. Randomly increases 2 of the user's stats by 2 stages.
Phantom Strike type: Ghost category: Physical effect: This move increases the move using monster's Accuracy stat 2 stages. .  Extra damage, 24% of enemy's HP.
ill do it *will update with names soon*

Power Source> Secret energy
Size Up> Stay the same.
Tail Wag>Stay the same.
Distraction> Illusion
Kings Armor> Knights shield
Life Source> Life Strike
Odd Dance> Strange Groove ?
Regular Heal> Time heal
Sound Wave> Sound Blast
Sticky Floor> Sticky groud
Tricky Fun> Fun Tricks
Round Strike> Insect strike
Wind Chill> Cold wind
Disorient> stay the same.
Equality> Equal power
Stone Skin> Boulder strike
Burning Slap> Pyro punch
Tranquility> Tranquil source
Normal Symbol> Normality
Pure Light> Pure ray
Sleep Song> Tiring lullaby
High Frequency> high pitch
Stinger> sting strike
Love Spell> Love attraction
Freezing Rain> Hail storm
Lightning Bomb> thunder explosion
Icicle Spikes> Glacier sword
Riptide> Tsunami
Phantom Strike> Ghostly Punch
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
If Zachary doesn't do it by 12:00am est Ill do it.
i did all,you can look over,i just went by name,not description,btw i didn't find one for size up and tail wag
I think he wants all new names. Don't worry about it man ill just do it by description later tonight so it gets done right.
alright,
Power Source > Power Drain
Size Up > Rev up
Tail Wag > Cleansing Fang
Distraction > Whip
Kings Armor > Renew
Life Source > Quick Strike
Odd Dance > Ritual
Regular Heal > Alleviate
Sound Wave > Sonic Boom
Sticky Floor > Adhesive
Tricky Fun > Heat Volt
Round Strike > Insect Bite
Wind Chill > Icy Skin
Disorient > Healing Strike
Equality > Dishearten
Stone Skin > Boulder Roll
Burning Slap > Trip Up
Tranquility > Serenity
Normal Symbol > Slap Happy
Pure Light > Bright Lazer 
Sleep Song > Boils
High Frequency > Risky Jump
Stinger > Sting Strike
Love Spell > Hindering Blow
Freezing Rain > Sleet 
Lightning Bomb > Draining Strike
Icicle Spikes > Glacier Sword
Riptide > Healing Water
Phantom Strike > Ghastly Strike
thanks a lot people. going through each move name right now for checking they are proper or not

so far 326 th move Smile

thread locked. i will open new thread for updated move list for checking once again and for the finalization Smile
Yo, Cegakan. It might be nice if you let some of us make the full movesets for some of the monsters before they're released into the game.

That way, we might not have to fix the names for moves, and we get to challenge our brains to mentally proactive activity. I would take the job, if it existed! Big Grin