Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spectrorb redesign, debate
(2013-11-02, 11:34 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: This is my NEW Spectrorb.
>_>

Why don't you give the artist from Hungary this job? He's from Hungary, and the citizens there are always hungry for something. In Mr.Fiddler's case: artwork.
Ooh nice one Dei Wink Good work being the concept artist! The 'new spectrob' looks like it's wearing a t-shirt with the Chinese symbol for 'fire' on it Tongue But I like it more than the original concept art

Also lol Time Tongue
[Image: attachment.php?aid=448]
~^±|I|±^~Pyro Piglet~^±|I|±^~ 
»»»»»»[IGN: Tanklet]««««««
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Thank everyone for your input! Smile

(2013-11-01, 09:47 PM)orboknown Wrote: The question is why do we need to be animalistic?
Imo the game should feel free to evolve into a darker,yes bestial but nit necessarily physical, forms. Our game is monsters, not kids pets.

I believe that in the game monster/animal is suppose to be the same thing. I don't have the answer since I am just following the request of the commissioner, but if I can take a guess, it's possilby to avoid being insensetive or racist. Undecided
If the monster is animalic/beast-like, it can be considered as "taming". But currectly there are monster that are wearing clothers, so they are assumed to be intelligent, and in that case it's not taming is more like slavery, which is ethically wrong. The monsters don't have to be too animalic, but I guess it's not ok for them to be too human, like a centaur/lamia/mermaid

But I am still new here, so I might be wrong about that.

(2013-11-02, 01:31 AM)Pyro Piglet Wrote: Actually Robert, If you really like drawing animistic monsters - perhaps try redrawing some of the monsters which already have animistic qualities to them? [Image: smile.gif] I think that would suit your style of art a lot better

I am not choosing which one I want to do, I am getting assigned to do them. Also, I am an anime fan, I have way more experiance in drawing humans, but as I said earlier I am told to desing them to be more animalic than human.

(2013-11-02, 11:34 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
(2013-11-02, 11:30 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: This is the first Spectrorb.

[Image: NewSpectrorb_zps33dabdc7.png]

This is my NEW Spectrorb.

>_>

That is a really interesing design. Big Grin

Your comment though "Not Human, Not Animal, Monster"
Monsters are pretty much Animals on my point of view. That's what defines their level of intelligence/behaviour etc.
When I say it has to be more animalic, it's not that it has to resemble any animal. Cerebrain isn't reminding me of any animal either.
But it has to be clear that it's not an intelligent race/human soul, it's a monster that has to be caught and tamed.
I may add the floating orbs and the legs removed so Spectrorb will be levitating. I see that it's important to you that it keeps it's ghostly figure. But I have no influance over it if it becomes Ghost/Fire. It is Dark/Fire right now.
But as I am ordered to make it at least a little bit animalic, I think I'll fuse your idea with the "A" design.
Monster=\= animal. You wouldnt call a horse a monster,but a flaming skeletal horse with greenspikes growing out of it would indeed be considered monstrous.
My point was that we need to explore the darker of side of our world and maybe even embrace it. Distinguish our game that wah and rope in a whole new audience. We dont have to make this Dante's Inferno but we can at least avoid making this just another kids pokemon spinoff
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2013-11-02, 05:22 PM)orboknown Wrote: Monster=\= animal. You wouldnt call a horse a monster,but a flaming skeletal horse with greenspikes growing out of it would indeed be considered monstrous.
My point was that we need to explore the darker of side of our world and maybe even embrace it. Distinguish our game that wah and rope in a whole new audience. We dont have to make this Dante's Inferno but we can at least avoid making this just another kids pokemon spinoff

You seem to misunderstand me.

We must distinguish the term "Monster" as used in everyday life from the way it's used in this game.

Every bug is an insect but not every insect is a bug.
Not every animal is a monster but every monster is an animal (IN THIS GAME)

And when I say animal I don't mean it's abilites or it's appearance, I mean it's intellectual level.

And the reason for that is that we can't have intelligent, human looking, speaking, clothing wearing creatures such as vampires, werewolfes, centaurs, lamias, harpies, ogres, orcs, rakshasas, cyclopses, elfes, dwarwes, trolls, gnomes, kobolts, leprechauns etc. as capturable monsters. Because that would be not "taming" it would be slavery.

At least that's what I believe to be the main reason why I was ordered to make the monster less humanoid.
Based on the comments,
I did some small modification on the design!
Tell me your opinion Big Grin

[Image: spectrorb_sketch_2_by_hegedusroberto-d6sros8.png]
Well, I'm good and terrified.

Full steam ahead~
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Robert, excellent clarification of the term 'monster' and now I understand why Cef wants them changed Smile 

As for the new Spectrorb design; It looks awesome and lives up to it's namesake - nice one Wink
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
I can live with that.
New design is good
That's disgusting!!!!!!! I wouldn't have that in my backyard!
You wouldn't that? I didn't know wouldn't was a verb
(2013-11-03, 06:53 AM)orboknown Wrote: You wouldn't that? I didn't know wouldn't was a verb

Heh...edited. Typo, man!
Lol Time edited his post before I saw that mistake >_>
Take out the word have from the new one.
Or i could just reverse edit it but thatd be mean
It wasn't even a big mistake! 0_0

And what Orbaknown said: My mistake was typing in "I wouldn't that" instead of "I wouldn't have that"!
Lol I worked it out before you'se told me Tongue To grammar Nazi Orbs, that 'not big mistake' was pretty much the end of the world...
I am no where near as much a grammar nazi as that soectrorb could be
(2013-11-03, 07:15 AM)Foreknown Wrote: I am no where near as much of a grammar Nazi as that spectrorb could have been.

Your name was auto-corrected into 'foreknown' Smile
You pass the test
Woo~ but... we are really off-topic from the OP now, lol...
Grammar nazi..hahaha..the terms people use nowadays..

@pyro piglet
It's:"you're", not you'se."

Just saying.
(2013-11-03, 07:28 AM)TimeTraveler Wrote: Grammar nazi..hahaha..the terms people use nowadays..

@pyro piglet
It's:"you're", not you'se."

Just saying.

Aha, but you see then that sentence would not make any sense with 'you are' - you'se makes perfect sense in that sentence if ya' had a diff'rent accent or were from th' countryside Smile
(2013-11-03, 06:51 AM)TimeTraveler Wrote: That's disgusting!!!!!!! I wouldn't have that in my backyard!

Well, it was somehow the goal Big Grin

My reaction to the other comments in the thread:
Huh
C.
/5characters
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
Stay on topic people :/

I really like it btw
Lol sorry DZ Wink
It's a good direction you're taking this mon in.  c:  Freaky as hell, but I like it.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
(2013-11-03, 07:51 AM)Robert Fiddler Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 06:51 AM)TimeTraveler Wrote: That's disgusting!!!!!!! I wouldn't have that in my backyard!

Well, it was somehow the goal Big Grin

Point taken. Smile
Please reduce your spam.

(2013-11-02, 08:10 PM)Robert Fiddler Wrote: Based on the comments,
I did some small modification on the design!
Tell me your opinion Big Grin

[Image: spectrorb_sketch_2_by_hegedusroberto-d6sros8.png]
I'm fine with that. I like it a lot lol.

With what Orb was saying, ever since we kind of started the "move away from Pokemon, create our own idea" thing, I've always been focused on making our monsters MONSTROUS.
Everything abnormal but still have some sort of distinguish between them.

It's Dark/Fire in the game... That's a mistake. It should be ghost/fire. That was the original concept. I'll have that changed >.>
Thanks for considering my new idea. Orders are orders, we all have them. (true story).

You're an anime fan? Let's talk bro.
oh yeah i wanna see the new look Smile
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]