Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shop monster (improved)
Brick 
This is a V2.0 of this thread : https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-monster-shop 

(2012-11-26, 01:56 PM)monster power Wrote: I had an idea at one point in the game why is there no monster shop we have a monster bazzar why not have a monster shop. Cause it would be good to have a monster shop to. I noticed that the bazzar dosn't have every monster in it so what if there is a monster you want to buy, but it is not in the bazzar that is one of the reasons why this would be a good idea. ce furkan could put a price on every monster like fendark 200mil engiron 60k or something like that, and the bazzar would still be good cause you may get a much better deal on a monster than is the monster shop.

Things to make it functional.

1. Make "shop chips" obtainable by playing (You get one chip when you defeat a monster, 10 when you defeat an NPC, 50 when you win a pvp battle...)

2. Of course make a fast way to obtain shop chips (turning gold to chips)

3. Every class of monster (regular, emissary...) will have the same prize.

4. Natures, UV´s and abilities will be random.

5. Monster level will be 1 (or whatever) and 0 TP´s.

This solves the failures of previous proposals, and myrequest is to make possible to buy all kind of monsters (starters and ancients) having a high prize of course, so people can complete the monsterdex and be able to use every monster in game. 

Pros: 
  • Makes the game more dynamic and rewards every action you make in game.

• Enables you to complete the monsterdex (and as all ancients will be obtainable, this means that new ancients can be added).

• Solves the money problem (people having billions of gold).

• Encourage new players to play, and donators to donate to get the right UV´s, nature and abilities for their monsters.

Cons:
  • It solves money problem, but will decrease the price of regular/superior/emissary/zenith monsters (even more, if that is possible Tongue ). And a crash of prizes in a long term, reducing the market to ancient/starters/legendary sales. 

• Almost useless for top ~ 10 players who have all high class monsters and dont want to lose money so they dont lose points in statistics.

• Long testing at beta servers to set the right prices so that prices are not excessively high or low.

• Trade system will move to the background, and eventually dissapear as everyone will be able to get the monsters they want themselves.

Solutions and side effects:
  • Remove gold factor from statistics. That is going to hurt rich players, buy they now can buy other ancients and try new natures, etc. And compensate this by increasing other factors.

• To solve the lower prices of lower category monsters at market, maybe a new "sell-monster-to-get-gold" system could be added. I thought many possibilities for that, and will post them soon.

• Include starter monsters to DMS (different monster score) system. 
Support all the way!!! Big Grin

About the cons:
Trading could still survive in that it could be used as an auction tool. High-rank users could auction off monsters that have top-tier UVs, excellent natures, or have already been TP-trained. The same could occur for the bazaar. That would mean that these tools would be vehicles for obtaining monsters with the best stats, while the shop would be for just obtaining the monster in the first place.

Perhaps shop monsters could have a Steadfast nature and flat UVs of somewhere between 20-40?
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
I dont really care the status of shop monsters, my idea is to make it random so donators can get an advantage improving status.
Im not a donator, but i know this game improves with donations too, thats why i planned it that way.
(2013-06-16, 03:03 PM)Legolas Wrote: I dont really care the status of shop monsters, my idea is to make it random so donators can get an advantage improving status.
Im not a donator, but i know this game improves with donations too, thats why i planned it that way.

Even better. That would be like catching them in the wild, which means that people would play more in order to earn chips and buy the same monster over and over in order to get one with good stats. I know that's what I would do, and I've been pretty inactive in the past months.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Yeah, thats the point, to make it challenging
well i am planning an awesome guild system which will solve many problems and improve game Smile
awesome cef
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2013-06-17, 12:34 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: well i am planning an awesome guild system which will solve many problems and improve game Smile

Don't get me wrong, I'm hugely excited for the guild system; I just like this monster shop idea as well. I think it's going to make higher-class monsters more accessible to the people who don't have the time to hunt for them or the gold to buy them from those who do. If I could buy an Ancient with shop chips won from battle, I would be playing this almost every day again. (And I'd finally be able to beat that pesky Sky Dragon arena!)
Thumbs Up 
i might agree with it it will be great to have one but than so some people will be exploring the map for them but instead when they enough money they will spend it all on the monsters they want to buy instead of going to go capture the monster my good reason is that the monster that they try to catch but when they have a hard time they got a store to go to and isn't the game all about catching monsters so we got to at least try and for me all i used to do was beg for an ancient legendary or zenith so for i would be a good thing to have a store

So yesSmile or noSad
                                     or maybeHuh
I like it Smile
I'm not entirely for the idea... It takes the fun out of capturing and hunting while monsters as mentioned before.
This is nicely done, you mentioned both the pros/cons and even solutions. Your idea is great but I don't think i would want to see it in the game any soon. Right now having this would be a huge mess