Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
good idea
16.67%
bad idea
33.33%
its okay
33.33%
to much work to rly put in place
0%
i dont care
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are many unused monstermmorpg game accounts that are just takeing up ranking space from what i have heard. I suggest after of year of no use what so all they be terminiated and their monsters given out as rewards. Also remember its just a sugestion so dont be to harsh. If you like it or not there will be a poll. Feel free to coment nicely.
"Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes - they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age."
Steven Morrissey
maybe just removed from the rankings...

or it could be rank based...if its over a certain rank it is safe from deletion...and the time period could be 2 m
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
i like it , but i would think most of the unused accounts may still be used once in a blue moon, it would be better to have like a "please remove my account thing" so that players could have it deleted when they left and their mons sold / released / whatever, at the same time , some people leave for a reason, so it would be unfair to just delete the accounts
You dare Challenge ME ?

Deleting accounts.. Nah, there were a lot of people that come back and leave, either have something to do such as finishing school, a sport, or whatever.

Some are also waiting for better features in the game.

[cm]Yuna came back after like.. 345 days of inactivity '-' That's more than a year. My fail.

Also, this "taking up ranking space" is dumb. If you want a good rank, you play the game for it. Also, more and more users are registering. Accounts are banned permanently, not deleted. CeFurkan said he wouldn't delete accounts. That's why he allows the option of changing your IP address.
a year is 365 days and occasionaly 366
"Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes - they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age."
Steven Morrissey
Ya I know.. my fail there. Still, it's close to a complete year.. The 345 days is not even accurate, she was gone for more but you know what I'm saying.

Brenden9 was gone for like 400 days and he could come back. He was already sent like 2 e-mails anyway.. <.<
I keep in touch with brendeon9 he isnt planing on comeing back
Steven Morrissey
Not the point :/
your right the point is the more accounts wasting space the more laggy the game will get.
Steven Morrissey
I feel no lag from the accounts at all. Accounts probably don't even accumulate lag o_o Well, it's just the account and if the account is inactive, then it shouldn't contribute to lag. If it were active with someone behind it playing it, then there would be lag.

With this suggestion, you might as well limit people to having only 1-2 accounts.
(2012-05-03, 06:25 PM)Kamidara Wrote:
Also, this "taking up ranking space" is dumb. If you want a good rank, you play the game for it. Also, more and more users are registering. Accounts are banned permanently, not deleted. CeFurkan said he wouldn't delete accounts. That's why he allows the option of changing your IP address.
My argument ^
Well i have plans for this. After massive updates done and an email sent to every one i am planning to delete inactive more than certain days accounts. Maybe 365 days or maybe 500 days. Not sure yet. It will be planned later.
(2012-05-03, 08:26 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: Well i have plans for this. After massive updates done and an email sent to every one i am planning to delete inactive more than certain days accounts. Maybe 365 days or maybe 500 days. Not sure yet. It will be planned later.
In a lot of games taht I have played, accounts that have donated to the game or have been awarded certain amounts are allowed to stay in the rankings because they gave money. Deleting that is like deleting someone's money, and without proper disclaimers, this can lead to legal issues and lawsuits. all the accounts now would have to grandfathered in.
(2012-05-03, 09:20 PM)Nitz_X Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 08:26 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: Well i have plans for this. After massive updates done and an email sent to every one i am planning to delete inactive more than certain days accounts. Maybe 365 days or maybe 500 days. Not sure yet. It will be planned later.
In a lot of games taht I have played, accounts that have donated to the game or have been awarded certain amounts are allowed to stay in the rankings because they gave money. Deleting that is like deleting someone's money, and without proper disclaimers, this can lead to legal issues and lawsuits. all the accounts now would have to grandfathered in.

Yes that is a good point of donators. Though at the policy i already have covered this if you read it.

I would not delete accounts for clearing the top trainers. It is easy to solve. I can make it that way a player which did not logged in last 30 days, won't get ranked. Actually this is good idea :d

Deleting accounts for cleaning unnecessary resources being used.
How the top trainers ranks are calculated is also going to be updated, right?

Those people can easily be moved to 50,000+ IF other players were actually playing the game to get a good rank, so called the top 100.
I am glad you like it CeFurkan Heart
Steven Morrissey