Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
See for yourself o.0
yah... for me, I kinda tried to keep relative control of how I work with the bazaar. when I plateaued at lv. 24, I bought a lv. 57 Magneseon to beat up some others and help my other monsters lvl. Other than that, I haven't bought ANY monsters from the bazaar. And all the monsters I list for sale (not trade) are low enough of a level that even I was able to reach them in a few hours of playing without the Magneseon I bought... that way it's still fair. (although ALL of those monsters got bought by the same glutton who buys them and resells them higher... which is why I opened my trade shop instead 0_0)
Which means, a new suggestion is at hand but won't work without the new players' assistance. Also, they are lazy and ignorant as well o-o Only some.. Well, a majority.

There is a pm sent with the wiki link. I doubt they even go to the link because they still ask questions in the chat when the answer is in the wiki.

Wiki also requires common sense <.<

Well, as I said, a new suggestion is at hand right now but I'm not sure what will come of it. It could be shot down quite quickly and have many disadvantages, but I will post it Big Grin

If this idea hasn't been submitted yet -- include that there should be a limit to how many monsters you can buy or receive through trade per day. Reason being that it would add to the challenge because people wouldn't be able to, as one could say, buy rank. It seems silly that someone can buy monsters and significantly increase their rank in a single day. So perhaps a maximum of 5?
[Image: 2e1rct5.png]

even a new player proves that we need this idea to happen
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
(2012-03-18, 02:57 AM)Guider456 Wrote: [Image: 2e1rct5.png]

even a new player proves that we need this idea to happen
Couldn't it just be Miyavi, lurking this thread and deciding to boost its importance in the game by showing up as a new player and talking about it? O.o

Or.. a fan of Miyavi <.< lol
even if it is miyavi...what he said is still true for a majority of people...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
Well, Quanto, do you believe this suggestion still needs to be discussed about or does it need to be moved so we can collect the supporters and put it on the official to do list?
Welp I cant think of anything else to add/change about it...so unless yall have something to say...I believe its ready to begin the birthing process *We need to start pushing to get it out Tongue*
Well, I already agreed to how it should be.

Wait, let me review first before moving it.

Alright, so limiting bazaar to what your highest monster level is.

And trading on higher levels would require ancient gems.
Eh that was just suggestions on how the idea could be implemented...as long as the core tenet of this idea makes it into action I will be a happy man
Well, I see nothing else to add so let's move it Cool
wait...i got something to add to this...

what about you can't buy a zenith until you have like 5 ancient gems and you couldn't buy a legend until you have 10 ancient gems

and you couldn't buy something thats a higher level then your monsters (not sure if quanto already talked about that)---nvmd he did
Ok im quit curious how i can change maps cause on short cut location there arent any option. This what it should be released.

List of Maps so player can easy switch, simply like at pokemon.
(2012-03-20, 02:43 PM)uldis3829 Wrote: Ok im quit curious how i can change maps cause on short cut location there arent any option. This what it should be released.

List of Maps so player can easy switch, simply like at pokemon.
There s one >.>

Constantly dying yet never dead
there are like 3 places on game where you can find the maps >_>
Bump...can I get somebody to look at the revisions I have made in the idea? *not much...just combined trade/bazaar...and tried to explain a little more about the reason for this suggestion*
quanto i have seen many stelack and potastines all of them die in 1 hit so its not bad for me to use ultimate box.
i am darkx. [Image: ?ui=2&ik=a172a3169f&view=att&th=13281c95...rguj130&zw]
I think you missed the point darsh...you are just nitpicking at how I worded it not with the idea itself...read the p.s. and p.p.s a little more carefully i never said that ultimate boxes are inherently wrong
quanto see this
Explanation: You would have a chance of catching this monster if you were to find it in the wild *ultimate box still excluded*
i am darkx. [Image: ?ui=2&ik=a172a3169f&view=att&th=13281c95...rguj130&zw]
I excluded it because it is the "Get out of jail free" card in this scenario....not because I think it is wrong to use it...

Locked as dandragoon has pointed out ways that this idea *if implemented* is useless...nay harmful to the community as a whole
(2012-02-26, 12:19 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: P.S. this suggestion if implemented would put the focus on training what monsters you have in order to be able to buy stronger monsters...that way you are not able to buy monsters that you have NO chance of obtaining for yourself

Example(s)

Your strongest monsters are all lv20s.. you save up the money to buy a lv60 engiron *either by voting or defeating/selling monsters* BAD

Explanation: You would have no chance whatsoever of catching this monster if you were to find it in the wild *ultimate box excluded of course*

Your strongest monster is lv61..you save up the money to buy a lv60 engiron *either by voting or defeating/selling monsters* GOOD

Explanation: You would have a chance of catching this monster if you were to find it in the wild *ultimate box still excluded*

P.P.S. This entire suggestion is based around the following idea "In order to get stronger monsters you should have to work for them..."
This is what makes the suggestion, a suggestion which is good and what's the harm to the community? It just shows the initial intention of the game being a challenge.

Who wants to start on a game, get a level 60 in 1 day, then get a level 100 in 3 hours after the level 60? That is why this game is too easy. New players reach the hardest maps in one day. From Central Plains they get to North Pidgeon City in what? 2 hours?

Being limited with your strongest level gives you a reason to play the game. In order to get better, stronger monsters, you yourself must get stronger.

Monster MMORPG = A F2P Browser Game that is supposed to be made into a challenge. Not something easy.
And lastly, yes I bumped this thread and am going to move it.

Unlocked for argument.

I'll try to make my points as clear as possible, but i fear i won't be able to get all the things together that i was talking about with quanto in chat.
Anyways, what we are discussing here is one facett of 2 core problems this game has at the moment.

1.) there is no moneysink implemented in the game.
2.) there is no monstersink implemented in the game.

Sounds easy, but those really are the core problems that ruin economy and make most of the things happening possible.

Why that?
The more players actually play the game, the more money will be in game.
Now what happens with that money? for the most part - nothing. Yes, you can buy items, degrades, nutritions, or exp maxes.
But in the end - gold won't do anything for a player, it is not even desirable to have a lot of gold. The simple reason for that is, there is nothing a player can effectively use it for besides buying monsters (i will get to that point later). Looking at most popular mmos or morpgs, what determines a successful game?
It's a working economy. And we do not have that right now, in no way.
More gold is accumulated daily, and inflation is unavoidable.

At this point, i need to take on the second problem, the number of Monsters.
Since there is no restriction on catching monsters of any type, there are more and more Legenda and Zeniths in the game, which drops the price for them immensely.
It takes no more then 2,5k for a box to catch them, and any player with a decent monster can do it.
There is no way or danger of losing your monsters, so we will sit on more and more of them.

Conclusion:
While we got more gold and more monsters, cherrypicking is the name of the game. If a monster does not have the desirable stats or natures players want in general, they tend to not care for prices or benefit, since catching them already is beneficial enough in most cases. (gold and exp wise)
So there is no need to charge more then, say 3k for a Legend, and you would still have made profit off that.
Good natured monsters will be extremely expensive, bad natured ones extremely cheap due to the masses of gold and the lack of a need to charge high prices for them - since it took no effort to catch them moneywise in the first place.

And that's where the problem that is beeing discussed here ticks in.
Any new player can afford a cheap, relatively strong monster (even though not perfectly natured/ uved) in about no time and make playing the game a breeze.

Sure, we could try to limit trades and sales, but that does not help to make the economy work in the end, and does not solve the real problems the game has.

We need to have a way ( or different ways) to take gold and monsters out of the game and get a benefit for doing so.
Also, more effort to catch strong monster would help a lot, as would do cutting the instant gold voting bonus.

Possible solutions:

Make boxes to catch strong monster more expensive.
Cut voting instant gold down to like 30-50k (just a random number) or take away completely and just get gold and exp % bonus.
And, most importantly, add a feature to "sacrifice" monsters.
One possible option would be raising a monsters uv by, say, 1 single point if you sacrifice a Monster of the same name, but only to a certain limit (say 44 maybe, 1 below donation maxes) and make it cost god on top.
Or add features that cost gold - like nicknaming your monsters. People would do it anyways. i would. and the name change could be scaling with level or class.

Those are just a few idead to get a working economy, and would solve most of the problems we experience right now.
No more 30k Legends if you can boost an existing one with it. No more 20k Engirons if you can make yours better and name it "Destroyer of worlds" or whatever people like to call their monsters.

There's more to the whole economy thing, but i guess you get my point on it. If there are any questions or doubts about it, feel free to comment or pm me.
[Image: un76e.jpg]
Took you long enough.
Ok people let's get down to work. One not to be mean or anything, but making the starter the base for

which you can buy other monster by level would have it's problems; One some people don't use there

starter monsters, so say if trainer A were to never train his starter it would be level ten meaning

trainer A would not be able to get a monster bigger then a level ten in trade or buying.

and let's say trainer A would have caught a say fenfo and raise it to level 50 but his starter is collecting dust in storage. that would mean trainer A would STILL ONLY BE ABLE TO BUY OR

TRADE FOR A LEVEL 10 MONSTER.

Two what if trainer B goes and catches a zenith say, monason ok and you say badges would be

needed to use it or a level limit to using it. it would be more suitable for you to use a system like

pokemon in the case that they have no way to buy monsters to begin with so this problem would

not happen in a pokemon game so removing the buy monster shop would stop new players from

getting high ranking monsters to begin with.

now, let's talk about legends and zeniths in pokemon or most other games there is a story or side

quest to obtain them in game as with giratina in platinum and bonetail a boss battle in a rpg game.

i would say that adding a story would make the game less boring and make the legends harder to obtain

as well throw some side quest in to the mix. all good rpgs have these.

maybe, even make it so that some monster appear and evolve at certain times of day. this would make finding them harder then just letting them pop up all day long, as for gold why not add a system

of upgrading monsters or items, maybe, make an item to be able to catch zeniths and legends, like say a legend pass, for each pass you would buy you could catch a limited amount of legends.

Example: with no pass only one legend and zenith could be bought or caught at that time if you caught or bought more they would run with each pass however, this number would increase by a

number, say you have a wooden pass you would be able to catch 5 legends and 5 zeniths, a steel pass would be 10 legends and 10 zeniths, a copper pass would let you have 15 of both legends and

zeniths. this new player who just started would have no passes were people that have been on longer would have the highest pass, which would permit them to keep there legends and be able to get

more were new player would have to buy the legend pass to get more then one legend or zenith.

these would be in the shop for a starting price of 500K for the first and 5million for the last.

this would stop spamming the shop with ones that they don't want or don't need. as so if you save

up say 10million gold you could buy a in game pass that would let you get extra% exp and % gold bonuses.

now if you lose a battle why not have them lose money = to the money that would have been

earn for catch or defeat them. this would stop gold from piling up.

now the other things, monsters that don't exist in game could be donated for or you pay 100million to

1billion gold to buy them example: biteeth would cost 100million gold where flolz would cost 1 billion gold.

and thats my idea on the system. but these are only how i think the game could be made harder.

yea...thanks for your input...but it was already noted that this would not be a good idea o.0

(now to actually try reading that wall of a post...wished it was spaced or something Sad )
i can space it for you and done...

but still we need this idea put in place...cuz it's no fun when you can travel to all the maps in a day or 2 by bying a high level monster on the bazaar or getting through a trade