Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More NPC Adjustments-
V2 has been out for a few days, and we've tweaked and pulled things around difficulty ways to try and make the game more enjoyable.

The difficulty has been making things hard enough for experienced players, but easy enough that a new player can get started playing without being totally disheartened.

Just ask my husband.  Poor thing.  NPC's make him flinch.

RIGHT NOW:

Currently, players are permitted to use items during NPC battles, including things like Accuracy Drugs and Evasion Drugs.  Coupled with the Radiation ability or something similar, it isn't all that difficult for a player to take out all of the Arena leaders in a day or two with a level 45 moose.  I'm looking at you, Knost.  lol  Equality helps too.

Furthermore, enemy Monsters are given stat bonuses.  Obscene ones.

On their HP:
Regular + 12%
Superior + 18%
Emissary + 40%
Zenith + 125%
Legendary + 500%
Ancient + 1,000%

On everything else:
Regular + 5%
Superior + 12%
Emissary + 20%
Zenith + 50%
Legendary + 150%
Ancient + 250%

This includes Wild Monsters as well.  Bonuses for Reg-Emmy Monsters used to be higher, but were cut back by half.

WHAT CHANGES?

In PvP battles, items are disabled.  We are extending this to NPC battles.  No Ultimate Revives, no Evasion Drugs, etc.  It makes sense to have this general rule applying to Trainer Battles.

On their HP:
Ahaha, no.  These made things too hard.

On everything else:
See above.  Nope.  Not doing this.

Alright, so you were counting on those to get you past the ungodly strong enemies.  To make up for it, we're making them much less "Ungodly Strong".  Those boosts?  Yeah.  Not anymore.  Instead of fighting an enemy with 3,000 HP, they'll have more normal HP (and other stats.)

But.  All those little tweaks we've made to help you get around their awful difficulty?  Gone. 
o They'll have Healing attacks
o They'll have Regenerator abilities (Not all of the time, but there is always the chance.  c:  ) 
o Their UVs will be Maxed out (50's across the board, baby!)
o They'll still have access to Orbs, sorry folks.

But none of those things (aside from the 50 UV.  That is really to get around potentially dodgy AI.) are things that you cannot do as well!  You get healing attacks.  YOU get Orbs.  You guys can spam Expert Regenerator and Radiation.  It's all fair.

Also, we're....  knocking everyone down to 10 badges if they've earned more.  We want it to be not a cakewalk to get them.  On the bright side, you can just fly back to the arenas and earn them properly if you happen to be that amazing.  I don't doubt it.  Some of you are PvP juggernauts.

Finally, WHY?

If you have to exploit a game to beat it, then it isn't built correctly.  This game was impossible without items, and required piles and piles of Equality (and equivalent attacks) to get through.  New players don't easily have access to these things, and we want to support them, not scare them.

If your team is twice the level of everything in your Zone, you should be able to walk through that area unharmed.  Yet, I've got buckets of reports from newer players who get eaten by NPCs.  That first Zenith, oh boy, does it destroy you.

If you are at level 35 and everything around you is level 50, you better be some kind of magic, or you need to go back and train.  Anyone who says the game is 'too hard' and is doing this can eat a sock.  Of course it's too hard.

I haven't gotten too many "It's too easy"s, though.  Presumably because the game is hard.  Though people have posted guides on how to survive the game.  That is fantastic.  I love seeing the community rise up and post guides!  But finding out that you can beat the game with a level 45 moose...   KNOST.  You should require more than that to win.  Battles should not continue until you run out of MP.

We're removing buffs.  We're removing items.  These two should balance themselves out towards the healthy side for the game.  I still like to think Items are great for traveling to new areas (healing spam between NPC battles!  WHOO!)  But I understand that they may be significantly less valuable with this update.  It's very likely that all items will be refunded when this goes live.  If you want to buy them again, you'll have the money to do so.

Theoretically, this gets implemented tomorrow.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Hahaha my bad peeps. Got a little to clever for my own good. Oh and I like the changes. I've always loved a challenge!
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Thank you so much. It was way to hard for me to beat Zeniths without lowering their acc with my Aister's Phenomena move.
So what does this update really mean?

Attack/speed boost sets will probably become key. 
Although I think its great that the game will [hopefully] be more accessible to beginners,
I'm not exactly sure this is going to give the desired result as it will still be a cakewalk if not more so.

So I actually think the stat boosts were a good thing-but I dont think it should have applied to every battle, especially not in the beginning of the game.
(Maybe only apply it to some arena battles that way it requires us to think a bit more.)
I think certain items should be allowed. Maybe not evasion boost items,ultimate revives but perhaps some of the weaker items like revives, etc.

So in short, I like the rationale behind the changes, but we'll have to see if it works out the way the designers want it to.

All the best,
-Uri
[Image: thelegendssigf.png]
The Bloodbath Arena Leader for the Legends Guild.
My Monster Fanfiction story!
The bottom line is something needed to be done to even out the game. 

It shouldn't have taken me two days to get all the gems and it shouldn't take newbies 9 years to get the first two. 

Nothings ever perfect, but the fact that they're trying to make changes and not just letting the problems fester is encouraging. 

Everyone will be fine, it will just take a little bit of adjusting. Smile Viva la M30
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Prediction: It will still take both of us two days.
It might still take you two 2 days to get the badges, but new players won't quit after running into their first zenith and being destroyed.  If that is accomplished while retaining -some- level of difficulty, I am content.
Thats cool :-)
so basically arena= challenge and wild mons= easier ?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2013-02-10, 08:23 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: so basically arena= challenge and wild mons= easier ?

That is the idea, yes.
Hmm, okay
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
What about also increasing the number of moves that our monsters can learn up to 6?  Sometimes, I just can't quite get the set up I would like with only 4 moves....just because Pokemon has a limit of 4 doesn't mean we should be limited the same way. Smile
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
(2013-02-10, 09:15 AM)Char02 Wrote: What about also increasing the number of moves that our monsters can learn up to 6?  Sometimes, I just can't quite get the set up I would like with only 4 moves....just because Pokemon has a limit of 4 doesn't mean we should be limited the same way. Smile
I would be so excited if this happened lol Not that I think its very high on anyone's priority list other than vet pvp players. Smile

Would be awesome.
I was thinking more in relation to the changes coming for the npc battles and arenas.  I don't pvp (yet, haha).  I am definitely NOT a vet pvp'er, lol.
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
(2013-02-10, 09:15 AM)Char02 Wrote: What about also increasing the number of moves that our monsters can learn up to 6?  Sometimes, I just can't quite get the set up I would like with only 4 moves....just because Pokemon has a limit of 4 doesn't mean we should be limited the same way. Smile

yes i may consider this later
OH MY GOURD YES HENRIE I LOVE YOU *blows up* I'll finally be able to train my weaker monsters on NPCs! Yay. Big Grin
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
lol when things didnt get changed i hate to battle npc with orb exp regen and perfect body on ancients making it unbeatable
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2013-02-10, 03:50 PM)TexasToast Wrote: OH MY GOURD YES HENRIE I LOVE YOU *blows up* I'll finally be able to train my weaker monsters on NPCs! Yay. Big Grin

why not exp share?
(2013-02-10, 04:33 PM)UritheLostLight Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 03:50 PM)TexasToast Wrote: OH MY GOURD YES HENRIE I LOVE YOU *blows up* I'll finally be able to train my weaker monsters on NPCs! Yay. Big Grin

why not exp share?

...When I say "weaker," I mean levels 20-50. Anything under that, I can use Exp. Armor.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
fair enough
i love KOing lol Big Grin
I thank knost for breaking the game so henrie could fix it.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2013-02-13, 07:04 PM)orboknown Wrote: I thank knost for breaking the game so henrie could fix it.
Truer words have not been spoken this week.  lol
(2013-02-14, 04:55 AM)Henrie Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 07:04 PM)orboknown Wrote: I thank knost for breaking the game so henrie could fix it.
Truer words have not been spoken this week.  lol
HAHA I do what I can.
Well, if worst comes to worst, we could take the Pokemon approach, and say you don't get all your high level guys until you beat the game, then not have to worry about beefing up all the npc's with ALL having ridiculously strong legendaries/ancients...

(in Pokemon, you aren't allowed to trade until you win the game)
(2013-02-17, 11:05 PM)Beetall Wrote: Well, if worst comes to worst, we could take the Pokemon approach, and say you don't get all your high level guys until you beat the game, then not have to worry about beefing up all the npc's with ALL having ridiculously strong legendaries/ancients...

(in Pokemon, you aren't allowed to trade until you win the game)
not all the time I traded pokemon with my brother in pkm sapphire and ruby