Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just some aesthetic changes
1) It may be nicer to check if you can move somewhere before doing the movement animation, rather than after. That way you don't walk through a wall, and get magically pulled back. Looks a little awkward.

2) Checking if you have Nets, Monster Player, etc, and not displaying them if you don't, I think, would be an improvement. This way there aren't buttons sitting there not doing anything.
Edit: Same thing with Fly/Ram/Stone Smash

3) Load the map to 9 squares larger than you can normally see, and move the map with your character before reloading the map. Of course, clip the map at the regular size, so it merely looks like the map is scrolling. With this, you won't have to see the map jump every time you move.

Of course, I haven't the foggiest idea what the code looks like, so I don't know if these things are even able to be implemented without a large rewrite, but I think these simple upgrades would do a lot to not deter people from playing, given the slightly clunky way that the movement is shown. *runonsentence*
thanks for suggestions. whole site will be redesigned with newest techniques. That time game will be a lot better hopefully.
idea nr.1 is just an suggestion for when you have nothing to do and when you want to post this suggestion because you know nothing better Big Grin
idea nr.2 is just an realy good idea Big Grin
and i don't know what idea nr.3 is because i don't understand it Big Grin
[Image: 33bo7zc.png]
My sprite
Actualy needs black bg
(2012-03-20, 03:05 PM)xpietju Wrote: and i don't know what idea nr.3 is because i don't understand it Big Grin
Ditto.
Constantly dying yet never dead
(2012-03-20, 10:37 AM)Kelpsie Wrote: 3) Load the map to 9 squares larger than you can normally see, and move the map with your character before reloading the map. Of course, clip the map at the regular size, so it merely looks like the map is scrolling. With this, you won't have to see the map jump every time you move.
What I think he means by this is in the game now when you move the map moves with you but it is kinda of a jerky movement. He is suggesting a larger map so when the map moves with your character it is a more fluid movement.

(X)_(X)
i can't understand anything from that idea 3 but now i can't understand it only more after reading this explanation from mia =_=

but when it is the same as what i think that it is than i say this :
idea 3 is completely useless Big Grin srry when i make you mad kelpsie Sad
[Image: 33bo7zc.png]
My sprite
Actualy needs black bg
for idea #3 you mean like seeing the whole map before you can move?
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
Mia's explanation was correct. I suppose my explanation was a bit more complicated than it needed to be, I just wanted to be clear in how I would implement it, personally.

Edit: Also, xpietju, all of these are completely useless. They're merely aesthetic suggestions, to make things look nicer, and not deter players. Unless you think that wouldn't even be accomplished with the idea. :c
(2012-03-20, 06:04 PM)xpietju Wrote: (X)_(X)
i can't understand anything from that idea 3 but now i can't understand it only more after reading this explanation from mia =_=

but when it is the same as what i think that it is than i say this :
idea 3 is completely useless Big Grin srry when i make you mad kelpsie Sad
Ditto. After reading Mia's explanation I think I can understand it even less.
Constantly dying yet never dead