Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-game training tutorial
while having text explanations that float over buttons is helpful, I think it would be nice to have a more controlled introduction to the game. It is helpful to walk users through each of the different parts of your game such as fighting monsters, catching monsters, traveling, index and items bag, and whatever other features are in your game, pointing out conditions and locations of buttons.

While you might think that forced tutorials are tedious, or that your game is self explanatory because of its easy to read buttons and its similarity to Pokemon, I would like to encourage you to make a tutorial for a few reasons.
1. you made the game, you know how it works inside and out, the users don't.
2. popular video games, no matter how complicated are successful because they are good at training the player to use their game.
3. if you play pokemon you know it always starts with a tutorial (that doesn't explicitly state that it is a tutorial, but if you notice that the NPC's guide you through it).
4. not everyone who will try to play your game has played pokemon or a lot of browser games (think of the children-lol).

Anyway I thought it might be helpful and acclimate to the purpose of your game, cause you also need to give them a goal. I hope you will consider doing this.
I don't know what you posted. I read it and did not understand a thing. o.o

We have a youtube video for pete's sake. It's a tutorial made by one of our mods here.

Why have 1 in-game? It doesn't really take much to go to our youtube channel, watch the tutorial vid, and be on your marry way.
on top of that the video is on the homepage.... lets not be lazy now just watch the video and u should be fine.
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
what he is saying dei is to have a tutorial level in game to explain things.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
duh its like the idea of npcs giving tips
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
which i think was deis idea XD
i believe it was his
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
lol.either way it coudnt hurt.
This game seems easy enough to get the hang of *for me* without any tutorial.
yes well there are also hundreds of poeple monthly who bug cms on simple stuff.
I read watched the video on the homepage, even before I joined... and yes it is quite easy to get the hang of, but I agree with the opening post. Having an in-game tutorial/introduction would give a better FEEL to the game itself. My first impression of the game wasn't very great, although after playing for an hour or so it seemed a little interesting. But yes, after all most games do have intros, even MMOs.
Lol like yahoo.....in the beginning some random animation guy asks you if you need help or something like a walk through
If you are new you could get a Monster of the game pop up and ask a question "Need help around the game click here" which could have a Tutorial on the current features etc good idea.
[Image: animebanner.png]