Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Idea development/social
(2013-08-18, 08:19 PM)zscout1288 Wrote: A way the mmo could make money and advertise at the same time is to sell posters with game art on them. There would be 3 sizes: small, medum and large. Also if the artist was willing they could do commissions for up to 3x the normal price. I know I would really like to hang a poster of my team on the wall. Would anybody else want to?

Personally, being 19. No. However I guess some people would, but I'm just thinking that this might be a much later move for the game, rather than now, since let's be honest.. we don't exactly have a lot of active players, a lot of players quit and a lot of accounts are just alt accounts of active players. So not many posters or whatever other merchandise could be created, would get sold. Therefore it wouldn't be worth the time, effort and money that is spent on making the merchanise.

Just my opinion. I'm sure there are ways of you creating your own poster though if you looked into it.

- Xbox
When I try selling my monsters on the Bazaar, I want to be able to filter multiples only.  That way i don't have to click on each individual letter and look for doubles myself.
Last thread was created a while ago, that's sad to read.

However, I've returned to the game yesterday and I just saw so much stuff, that especially new players will regard as "work" or clunky. Other stuff works in a way that gives you misleading information.

1: Movement feels so clunky. The game seems to be built in a similar way to pokemon, concerning the tiles. Why do we move in miniature steps?

2: Attack animations: If you kill an enemy monster (And you attack first and hit), the defeated monster still does its attack animation once. WHY? This confuses some.

3: This is probably a huge one, but: Why does the game open new sites/Tabs for so many actions. Why not display some more information on-site? As a new player, it seems like so much "Work" to open all the new tabs so you can read something about the monsters you want to catch or defeat.

4: Consistency. Another huge one, I'd assume. I heard Cef is working on the redoing of some monsters and stuff. Which i feel is one of the most important things so far, as with 1700 Monsters in the game, I don't think we need more at the moment. However, the inconsistency with the designs is really putting me off when battling / looking at some of them. For example, the art of a Dracby and a Gilail. The Dracby looks drawn and actually AWESOME! However, because of Monsters like a Gilail, who look drawn digitally, it's just weird.

5: Some minor translations and stuff like "Return Market" ... hm, I don't want to return a market, I want to return to the market. I feel like with such small improvements, this game could be so much better!

THere are probably other problems, but I will need to play for longer before I will update this post with the stuff I find.

Greetings, Joe
I am no developper / programmer nor an artist / photoshopper

What I do have in turn is 15 years of experience with more or less any browser/client/pokemon - game that exists. I also do not speak english as my native language, however I think it is acceptable.

If anyone feels that he could use my help with anything, be it text, grammar, simple systems in games, new player experience or long term motivation concerning anything about this game, I will be willing to help him / her!

At first, let's revive this forum!
(2014-05-18, 08:03 AM)NijAAlba Wrote: Last thread was created a while ago, that's sad to read.

However, I've returned to the game yesterday and I just saw so much stuff, that especially new players will regard as "work" or clunky. Other stuff works in a way that gives you misleading information.

1: Movement feels so clunky. The game seems to be built in a similar way to pokemon, concerning the tiles. Why do we move in miniature steps?

2: Attack animations: If you kill an enemy monster (And you attack first and hit), the defeated monster still does its attack animation once. WHY? This confuses some.

3: This is probably a huge one, but: Why does the game open new sites/Tabs for so many actions. Why not display some more information on-site? As a new player, it seems like so much "Work" to open all the new tabs so you can read something about the monsters you want to catch or defeat.

4: Consistency. Another huge one, I'd assume. I heard Cef is working on the redoing of some monsters and stuff. Which i feel is one of the most important things so far, as with 1700 Monsters in the game, I don't think we need more at the moment. However, the inconsistency with the designs is really putting me off when battling / looking at some of them. For example, the art of a Dracby and a Gilail. The Dracby looks drawn and actually AWESOME! However, because of Monsters like a Gilail, who look drawn digitally, it's just weird.

5: Some minor translations and stuff like "Return Market" ... hm, I don't want to return a market, I want to return to the market. I feel like with such small improvements, this game could be so much better!

THere are probably other problems, but I will need to play for longer before I will update this post with the stuff I find.

Greetings, Joe

1. Good point, seems like ur not the only one with that point.

2. Turn animation off. But ur probably right about that.

3. True

4. I totally disagree with the 4th point you made. I like different style of monsters. some "looking digitally" like gilail is awesome (for me), just like some other different styles like mobus,.... Thats why i like this game. Not same artist drawing all same types of monsters. If every monster looked like a dracby, i would never played the game.

5. Hahahaha its good humor Big Grin
            thx PRYSMA 2
  [Image: 7G5XCZU.jpg]
1. No, I've heard a lot of peopel complaining. It just looks so strange, when you look at a tileset liek in pkmn with about the same size, but you cant move from tile to tile, but have to take 10 steps per tile. It looks silly and makes it somewhat tedious just to move around. And as this is a thing everyone has to do a lot, it should actually make a huge difference, if walking was "Fixed" in some way.

2. Yes, I could turn the animations off, however, they provide some information faster (Hit/miss) than to read a lot. In some battles, this is a huge advantage to play a bit faster. So just turning the animation off when you defeat a monster shoudl really not cause so much trouble.

4. Well, I dont disagree with you. Some inconsistency is actually okay and delivers some of the flavour of the game. However, stuff like a Deelk just looks like drawn by a 6 year old and does not belong in such a game. THis ugly thing alone turned me off so much!

5. Well, I just think the game could need some improvements in the translation, overall it is acceptable!

THose points dont change anything hefty, I know. However, basic, good, mechanics like those just have to work and tell the player: This is a game and we want you to have fun and not to work (I feel like walking is "work", even if we can walk multiple steps. Still looks silly and is tedious) The Animation-thing should be very easy to fix. The monster design is very unique for this game and that should stay like it is, however, some coudl just really need an overhaul. The rest is just a bit polishing.

I also dislike those glassy, coloured buttons for the main pages of the game and stuff, but I guess that's personal preference.

What I do have in turn is 15 years of experience with more or less any browser/client/pokemon - game that exists. I also do not speak english as my native language, however I think it is acceptable.

If anyone feels that he could use my help with anything, be it text, grammar, simple systems in games, new player experience or long term motivation concerning anything about this game, I will be willing to help him / her!

And I found another one. Which could be pretty important as well, as I've seen a lot of new players be turned down by it a lot!

Forum icons should NOT consist of pokemons. It just looks like a lousy steal. Now, we all understand that a lot of the ideas are based off of those brillant series of games, however, we should not show it in this fashion. THis should change yesterday! (And is also not a lot of work, just take some MONSTERS instead of pkmns.

Anyone else want to speed up TP training? 

I am thinking, maybe we can have NPC TP trainers; who's monsters all give the same TP points. 

It can be a place in every town, or non gym town (to give those town some more value) where there's 6 trainers in a building, or maybe just one.

The trainer's monster will all give the same type of TP value

example:

TP trainer for HP will use Molearth(1 HP TP), Komodor (2 HP TP), and Machokarp (3 HP TP)

It can arranged in evolution/metamorphosis, class, or TP amount.

Dont need to have a lot, just enough to help speed up the process and make you not paranoid if you remember that monster you're fighting correctly before sending out your TP training monster. What? just me?
(2014-05-27, 04:14 AM)BambiTheMerciless Wrote: Anyone else want to speed up TP training? 

I am thinking, maybe we can have NPC TP trainers; who's monsters all give the same TP points. 

It can be a place in every town, or non gym town (to give those town some more value) where there's 6 trainers in a building, or maybe just one.

The trainer's monster will all give the same type of TP value

example:

TP trainer for HP will use Molearth(1 HP TP), Komodor (2 HP TP), and Machokarp (3 HP TP)

It can arranged in evolution/metamorphosis, class, or TP amount.

Dont need to have a lot, just enough to help speed up the process and make you not paranoid if you remember that monster you're fighting correctly before sending out your TP training monster. What? just me?

well you can also use items to speed it up
is it possible to have random series daily quest with decent rewards according to there difficulty? also daily, weekly and monthly server events could be an interesting addition. Smile
(2014-11-19, 01:05 AM)Yahna06 Wrote: is it possible to have random series daily quest with decent rewards according to there difficulty? also daily, weekly and monthly server events could be an interesting addition. Smile

yes i am planning such and advanced system that will be great hopefully
Very new to the game, so apologies in advance if some of these are illogical and for the ideas that are inevitably repeats of past ideas - I searched through the forums for a while to try and find which had already been suggested to see if I was repeating the same suggestions that others had already made:

Ancients – remove most (if not all) of them from random encounters (see below for various ideas on how they could then be obtained).

Story – the basic framework is there for a storyline. Nineteen zones by type, you have 3-months to get the arena badge from each zone, so just add in rewards such as if you get all the badges within the 3-month window you can participate in a 1-day/1-week/1-month PvP tournament. Special prize to the winner such as bragging rights (capture their win somehow on their profile), and a specific ancient monster...although this could make obtaining an ancient with desired UV's, abilities, and natures difficult...perhaps top 10? get the ancient, while 1st place gets it customized).

Collection – the game already keeps track of how many monsters one has captured, so add rewards for capturing certain amounts of monsters and add the idea of capturing them into the story (Pokemon already used the idea of creating a catalog of all creatures, so I'd try to avoid that...perhaps certain ancients will only appear at specific spots – a specific area in the bottom part of each cave – when a certain set of creatures – all normal, all grass, all water, etc. – have been captured; creature resets daily/weekly so players can attempt to get specific abilities and natures with these ancients).

Class-battles – have arenas for specific classes (starter-only, regular-only, superior-only, etc.) placed in towns along the way (currently they serve as a place to heal and buy stuff, and that's it). Presently - starter, regular, superior, and to an extent emissary-classes appear to be overlooked in favor of the stronger zeniths/legendaries/ancients, yet a lot of work went into creating those monsters...so it is a shame that players don't typically explore the possibilities they present. Have similar rules for PvP battles, so players can choose to work on their teams leading up to arenas. There could be a similar prize as the free-for-all arenas, in that a specific ancient is obtainable at the end of all this based on winning a tournament.

Zones – align the monsters and the trainers in each zone with its type. In order to remove level issues (i.e. presently one would only be able to get low-level monsters that had a normal-type, then grass-type would be slightly higher upon capture, etc...yet some players might prefer to catch monsters at a lower level and raise them), shuffle the 19 zones around every 3-months. If this and a storyline were implemented, they would need to be linked...there was a book I read in which the land was magically broken apart, with "bridges" (magicians) being the only ones who could connect one land to another...the story could build on the concept and use it to explain the guardians at the end of the zones (the only way they will let you pass is if you can defeat them).

Two-on-two battles – presently the only way to do anything with PvP is to fight one another...why not create special arenas in which players must work cooperatively. Same concept as the class-battles and regular arenas – one in each zone, at the end players can participate in a special tournament with a partner of their choosing, and a specific ancient is the prize.

Difficulty - currently arenas progress in a fashion designed for a story, meaning they help a player level up throughout the game, with increasingly difficult arenas. However, after beating them all, there doesn't seem to be an incentive to go back through them...what about adding in a difficulty setting whereby you have story-mode (first time through), but if you go back after obtaining all the arena badges you can select an option to make the battles harder (max-level is the first thing that comes to mind...).

Name – I'd suggest it be tied to the storyline somehow, or that you name the land itself and use that as the name of the game (it doesn't even have to be tied to "monster" in any way: Cismatica – a monster-catching MMORPG. That's not intended as a realistic suggestion, but rather an illustration about how pretty much any word you wanted to invent could be the name of the game).

Just some thoughts after a very short amount of time playing.
[b]Ender702[/b] very good suggestions and i am planning many of them

achievement, daily rewards, and other many rewards system for v3

pvp maps, tournaments guild system so many stuff waiting to be done

however game is always secondary thing for me, i am studying PhD at moment and i am at the thesis stage

it has a schedule so i am not able to spend too much time on game Smile

also games are games they are not primary aims of this life Big Grin

also can you elaborate this even more ?

"Zones – align the monsters and the trainers in each zone with its type."

do you mean change order of zones ? well actually this is a really cool idea and none ever suggested that

however that would require defining different gate points but really good idea i am adding it to my list Smile
Thanks for the response!

Understood and agreed about the PhD schedule and life. Also, to be clear, none of the comments I made are intended to be in any way negative about the game as-is. It is great, I thoroughly enjoy it, and I was just sharing some random thoughts I have had thus far playing the game.  

Re: 

do you mean change order of zones?

Yes and no. First - if I'm in the "Normal Zone," what I would expect from that name is to encounter only monsters that have a normal-type, both in the wild and with the NPC trainers in that zone (not implying any rules should be imposed on PvP along these lines, though). Because monsters have up to two types, one would still be capable of building an initial balanced team from this while expanding as they transitioned through the other zones. If that were done, however, I suspect that the game would also require a zone shuffling after three months. Otherwise, for regular through emissary classes, a Dark/Dragon type monster (i.e. the last two zones before Mixed Zone) would only be obtainable at very high levels, while Normal/Grass type monsters (i.e. the first two zones) would only be obtainable at very low levels, whereas some players would potentially desire the ability to raise various monsters from a low level or capture other monsters at already high levels.  
(2015-04-07, 12:13 AM)Ender702 Wrote: Thanks for the response!

Understood and agreed about the PhD schedule and life. Also, to be clear, none of the comments I made are intended to be in any way negative about the game as-is. It is great, I thoroughly enjoy it, and I was just sharing some random thoughts I have had thus far playing the game.  

Re: 

do you mean change order of zones?

Yes and no. First - if I'm in the "Normal Zone," what I would expect from that name is to encounter only monsters that have a normal-type, both in the wild and with the NPC trainers in that zone (not implying any rules should be imposed on PvP along these lines, though). Because monsters have up to two types, one would still be capable of building an initial balanced team from this while expanding as they transitioned through the other zones. If that were done, however, I suspect that the game would also require a zone shuffling after three months. Otherwise, for regular through emissary classes, a Dark/Dragon type monster (i.e. the last two zones before Mixed Zone) would only be obtainable at very high levels, while Normal/Grass type monsters (i.e. the first two zones) would only be obtainable at very low levels, whereas some players would potentially desire the ability to raise various monsters from a low level or capture other monsters at already high levels.  

i see what do you mean noted that ty for suggestion Smile
I think and I am sure someone thrown this out there but a cleaner way for us to view our storage and edit our monster teams.  Seems like everything is jam packed and takes a minute to navigate through it.
[Image: annie_signature__by_lokos1-d74359g.png]
(2015-10-14, 02:25 AM)tentwenty Wrote: I think and I am sure someone thrown this out there but a cleaner way for us to view our storage and edit our monster teams.  Seems like everything is jam packed and takes a minute to navigate through it.

yes there is this feature now

did you see quick set teams?

try this page : https://www.monstermmorpg.com/ManageMonstersStore.aspx
cef can we have a player team system . in which we can make our partners or a team .you can add system like create team join team we can also give a team ranking system in which we need to collect more special monsters to get higher rank for a group.it would help new players to learn the game from there team members . we can also give a team chat system.

hope you like the idea .Rolleyes Rolleyes
(2015-10-17, 09:35 AM)mr . skull Wrote: cef can we have a player team system . in which we can make our partners or a team .you can add system like create team join team we can also give a team ranking system in which we need to collect more special monsters to get higher rank for a group.it would help new players to learn the game from there team members . we can also give a team chat system.

hope you like the idea .Rolleyes Rolleyes

i think you mean guild system

yes i do plan it Big Grin
Information 
Im on this with my android, and its slow. I'd like the developers to think about moving it to android play store, as well as available on apple store (iphones). It would be easier to access, and i wouldn't have to load up my browser for it.
I know they have an app out already, but it is to get onto the browser form of the game. 
I'd like it to have everything on it thats on the browser one, just so i can easily play and don't have to wait to do things. 

Thanks for reading and considering.
(2016-05-05, 12:50 PM)WaifuXID Wrote: Im on this with my android, and its slow. I'd like the developers to think about moving it to android play store, as well as available on apple store (iphones). It would be easier to access, and i wouldn't have to load up my browser for it.
I know they have an app out already, but it is to get onto the browser form of the game. 
I'd like it to have everything on it thats on the browser one, just so i can easily play and don't have to wait to do things. 

Thanks for reading and considering.

yes i know your pain but for now we have only this Sad
Okay guys, let's breathe some life into this thread.

Now, I have 2 ideas I'd like to bring up. 

1. A Zone 20. I know it isn't a really a new idea, but it's been refined. It can only be accessed after beating a vicious NPC with a full Lv 120 team. 
Features:
-All ancients are available on this map. All have a very low appearance rate, totally equalling 0.03%.
-Gigas are also available. Giga-Z has rate of 0.005%, Giga-L has rate of 0.002%.

2. Tickets.
Once every week, there can be a daily event, kind of like the reward system. The reward for this is tickets. There are different ticketing tiers corresponding to different monster rarities. 
The people can get tickets of different tiers, which are won by lucky drawing after meeting a certain condition, and these are stored in their inventory. When used, the ticket triples the appearance rate of that rarity for a period of 3 hours. So this will help in hunting.

Cheers
J
I have an idea I would like to get your all's opinion on.

Wouldn't it be cool if this game had little motorcycles you can ride on to get around the map faster than walking?

The price could be 50 mill for a motorcycle. (price can be changed if too expensive)

Then you pick the color you want.
(2017-03-13, 07:35 PM)FearTheDragon Wrote: I have an idea I would like to get your all's opinion on.

Wouldn't it be cool if this game had little motorcycles you can ride on to get around the map faster than walking?

The price could be 50 mill for a motorcycle. (price can be changed if too expensive)

Then you pick the color you want.

I'm going to leave this here and I'll leave slowly..

[Image: o5ucm8.jpg]
Perfection doesn't exist. Seizes the moment, nothing lasts forever
very informative post