Poll: Good Idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hiding inactive Players on map
In Starfall Town, the very start of our game, there are 100's of Players.. doing nothing.. just standing there, for no meaning what so ever.. and that is only those we can see! Chances are, as we all know, small, that those players will ever move. So how about we get a hiding feature? 

THIS IS US NOW
[Image: 7xq3.png]

WHY NOT GET THIS?
[Image: ncrz.png]

How does this work?

- After a set amount of time (24 hours?) Any player who has not moved will be hidden from screen.
- Another option is to add a toggle for it, giving us as players the ability to turn on/off other players

How will this affect gameplay?

- Lag in places with a lot of players will be reduced, and the game will look much cleaner overall.

What do you say guys, good idea? I think this would clean up a lot of the mess we have right now, and it is way easier for Cef to do this, than to go through every single account since 2009 to delete.
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
Thats a really good idea lolz!
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Instead of auto-hide, there should just be an option in the control panel that you can toggle on and off.
Show players on the map - Yes/No

a little check box.
I was thinking the same. Everything looks so messy, and it is really not a good introduction for our game to let new players spawn right into a massive number of inactive players.

(2013-11-25, 09:45 PM)Lolzinator Wrote: I was thinking the same. Everything looks so messy, and it is really not a good introduction for our game to let new players spawn right into a massive number of inactive players.

But new players wouldn't know if they were inactive or not. Whenever I log into Starfall Town, the first thought I get when I see the screen is "Wow, there's a lot of players in this game."

And whenever I see that map, I still think that. I know they're inactive because I'm experienced.
True. 

I am with any idea that can clear them out anyways. It is looking messy even if they where active lol

The image you have there isn't even as bad as it usually is. It gets worse, WAY worse.
I already agree with you that it's very clustered.

I would suggest it being a toggle thing.
Thats todays Image. we have all seen it both worse and better.

Toggle sounds good though, you can choose from either clean or messy Tongue

Toggle soynds good
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Sounds great.
i thought inactive players avatar was just hidden when they're inactive but id like a toggle button instead Big Grin
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2013-11-25, 09:44 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Instead of auto-hide, there should just be an option in the control panel that you can toggle on and off.
Show players on the map - Yes/No

a little check box.

great idea!
Wait... is this why there are now so few people in Starfall Town?... If so, then nice job getting this implemented and great suggestion Wink
[Image: attachment.php?aid=448]
~^±|I|±^~Pyro Piglet~^±|I|±^~ 
»»»»»»[IGN: Tanklet]««««««
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.