• 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GK's Redrawn Monsters -Offline-
(2012-06-22, 04:35 AM)Guider456 Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 04:31 AM)Rock127 Wrote: By the way GK, on Darex's lore, tenacy should be tendency.

And I like how Darex doesn't look like a baby anymore lol
gk made a couple grammar errors on darex and riblack's lore

*didn't wanta say anything though*
Oh woops. That doesn't surprise me. /was trying to write it up quickly while watching War Horse/. I shall go back and fix my silly side tracked errors here later. Sorry bout that |'D /is dumb/
In the list is Hippop's line...I'm psyched for them Tongue
Constantly dying yet never dead
For me? Maybe potomopes line.
Both of those lines will probably be in my next batch of line art ( I have Voltesla's line and Parastylize's line left in this batch), but no promises D':
Let's get the other half of the fossils in here shall we? (Also, let us take a moment to appreciate the irony of using water textures in a fire type)
Line Origin: Kentosaurs, Stegosaurs, and the fact that their plates are used for (theoretically) heating their body. Ie solar panels
[Image: stegorch_redonecopy.png]

Stegorch: Stegorch, much like Riblack, are a very old breed of monsters. Originating thousands of years ago, they've managed to survive into the present. The plates along their back are warm and collect the sun's rays as they go about their day. Stegorch live in herds and graze on plant life, even if it's burnt to a crisp.
[Image: kentower_redonecopy.png]

Kentower: Kentower create flashes of blinding light to warn of predators, and if that fails they use their spiked and flaming tail to keep them back. They huddle together at night to create a bright, glowing and warm patch of land. Other herbivores sometimes hide with them.
[Image: solare_redonecopy.png]
Solare: Solare can stand on their hind legs to both reach higher plant life as well as battle. The plates on their back are incredibly hot, and can be used to collect sunlight to fire and power up attacks. The plates heat their body and are the source of their power. If it rains, the rain won't even hit their body before evaporating into steam.
The shiny gold texture on their plates looks great as do the monsters themselves :]
What Elijah said. Them gold textures are realistic...I wanna catch one, tear its plates off and sell them.
/monsterabusemodeoff
wohoo another 1 done
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
More and more new drawings... this will be interesting...
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
Look at me. Look at me spamming monsters. Let's see if I can get the last line done tonight
Line Origin: Thread-Waist Wasp. Saw one of those guys getting a caterpillar, and though "HEY that's neat let's make that a monster"
[Image: wasteal_Redonecopy.png]

Wasteal: Wasteal are pretty much helpless. They spend their day hiding or eating caterpillar-like monsters (Especially Princebra, which are just about equally as helpless). They are soft and squishy grubs who can't do much. They mostly rely on Parastylze to bring them food and protect them. And now have soulless eyes
[Image: parastylize_redonecopy.png]

Parastylze: Parastylze catch caterpillar-like monsters to bring to their young Wasteal. Their sting can paralyze a foe, and bring them into a state of comatose. They only hunt things like Princebra though, and on very rare occasions monsters like Spiedeve.
gk u draw fast i like it
Monsters eating monsters FTW!
5 new monsters in nearly an hour? Wow...
I like your new drawings though
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
Gk, are these done before but only published now, or was made just as you post them?
(2012-06-22, 08:09 AM)Rock127 Wrote: Gk, are these done before but only published now, or was made just as you post them?
Only the line art was, which is the only reason i've been able to turn out 14 monsters in under 12 hours. And this seems to work well for me so I think i'll keep doing sets of line art, the color them all. Since line art has always been my least favorite part of art, and recently sketching and finding the pose has been really frustrating so.
Alright, last batch for the night. Then when I get a chance i'll do another batch of like 14 lineart wise and the color them all at once
Line's Origins: I think I made Shocoil by plotting down dots, connecting the lines and filling in the silhouette. It ended up some squirrel horse thing I don't even know. Do I ever know...

[Image: shocoil_redonecopy.png]

Shocoil: Shocoil live in trees and on the forest floor. The collect seeds and nuts and hide them in various places. They use bright sparks and the flashing from the gems on the end of their tail to communicate with one another. They are very social and playful monsters. Their hair contains a lot of static electricity.
[Image: wattesla_redonecopy.png]

Wattesla: Wattesla can climb into larger trees. They feed on seeds, fruits and leaves. Their territory is easy to distinguish because of the claw marks and lightning burns on the bark of trees. The play by pushing against each other with their horns. Their horns don't stop growing.
[Image: voltesla_redonecopy.png]

Voltesla: Voltesla can only climb into trees with strong enough branches to hold their weight. The tree is usually dead because of constant lightning strikes. They carry their young on their backs as the travel through the forest in search of food. Electricity constantly jumps from their fur, which makes them a cause of many small forest fires.
Lol'd at the line origin bit
Now I want to get a Voltesla and have a ride on it through a forest...and manage to not get zapped Big Grin
Shocoil=epic
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
Those look great as well.
Furry & Electric.
Tomorrow, could you make Hippop's line?
epic monsters
perfect, incredible woww

radiuation is excellent , very brillant.

and you're welcome GK , I was waiting your new re-drawings. Now , I see a lot of them. And they're crazy Smile

I'm crazy for new re-drawings Smile Henrie, now I'm waiting you Smile
^^Thanks for this signature to SparrowHawk^^
[Image: ArceusHeatshot.png]
Game Assistant-Turkish Forum Lead Moderator

waiting henrie and gk to send new ones in order to update images at the game Big Grin
Wow, I was gone for so long!?!?!

I missed such updates.. The monsters are... too amazing.

TOO amazing.
[Image: SonGokuSig-1.jpg]
~As bright as the sun, a flame that never fades~
May gusta mucho, or however you spell that. Awesome!
Gk, can I see the sketch for Vampite and Dracloud?

When you get back of course.. hehe Big Grin
When I get back yes~ I'm trying to work on some basic sketches in these little square sketchbooks I got earlier, and when I return home I plan to do a whole ton of line art before I head down to college ( so I can work on them during the long 16 hour dive to my appatrment).
On the other hand, I need to find a good site like mega upload so I can send files, since frok what I know I will be sharing the Internet with my landlord who is a graphic designer ( aka I can't eat up too much data because she does the same as me. Just, as a living)
[Image: GolurkSig.png] Sig by SparrowHawk. Go check his sigs out.
man hope we can do the drawings fast then
Bump, we miss your works! Hope you'll be getting back to them soon Big Grin
Decided to take a break on ancients today (3/9 done) since I'm... not in the particular mood to do them. Got quite shaken up after getting into a car accident today so... going to work on some of the revamped linearts I have to try to get my mind off of that.
Anywho, have Potomope's line
Line's Origins: These guys are based on the Snakehead fish, which is a invasive species in the eastern half of the USA. They're hard to get rid of because they have the ability to breath air as well, and crawl over land, which is why I gave them a less fishy look.
[Image: potomoperedonephoto.png]
Potomope: This monster swims in large rivers, staying to docks and other places where other fish may gather in hopes of being fed. They can eat a whole river out of fish, before climbing up onto land and moving to the next water source. Their slipper body makes them hard to catch and hold onto, and they can spend well up to a week without having to touch water.
[Image: michannaredonecopyphpto.png]
Michanna: Much more adept out of water then its pre-evo, they are known for destroying river ecosystems and then moving onto another river. They can eat a ton of fish in a week, and are savage hunters. Their sharp teeth grow back quickly if lost, and they move fairly quickly out of water. They occasionally eat monsters that stray too close to the water for a drink.
[Image: channafrayreedonecopyphot.png]
Channafray: Channafray are as dangerous out of water as they are in it. They can swim up to speeds of 120 mph, and run up to 40 mph. Their claws are great at ripping through fish, mammals, or the bottom of your boat. They aren't quite as destructive as their previous forms, but they can eat far more and cause much more damage.
(2012-08-31, 06:35 AM)garbagekeeper Wrote: Decided to take a break on ancients today (3/9 done) since I'm... not in the particular mood to do them. Got quite shaken up after getting into a car accident today so... going to work on some of the revamped linearts I have to try to get my mind off of that.
Anywho, have Potomope's line
Line's Origins: These guys are based on the Snakehead fish, which is a invasive species in the eastern half of the USA. They're hard to get rid of because they have the ability to breath air as well, and crawl over land, which is why I gave them a less fishy look.
[Image: potomoperedonephoto.png]
Potomope: This monster swims in large rivers, staying to docks and other places where other fish may gather in hopes of being fed. They can eat a whole river out of fish, before climbing up onto land and moving to the next water source. Their slipper body makes them hard to catch and hold onto, and they can spend well up to a week without having to touch water.
[Image: michannaredonecopyphpto.png]
Michanna: Much more adept out of water then its pre-evo, they are known for destroying river ecosystems and then moving onto another river. They can eat a ton of fish in a week, and are savage hunters. Their sharp teeth grow back quickly if lost, and they move fairly quickly out of water. They occasionally eat monsters that stray too close to the water for a drink.
[Image: channafrayreedonecopyphot.png]
Channafray: Channafray are as dangerous out of water as they are in it. They can swim up to speeds of 120 mph, and run up to 40 mph. Their claws are great at ripping through fish, mammals, or the bottom of your boat. They aren't quite as destructive as their previous forms, but they can eat far more and cause much more damage.
I hope you are okay after that accident, you should have rest for a day or so... and about Potomope's line, I love it, totally going to have one
[Image: 30.png] Captain of KARNAGE (PTD)
I am, luckily OTL Just shaken up. But thank you ;w;
Two more done!
Line Origin: Two...? Three? Years ago the mascot for Kumoricon had this neat scarf, and that inspired me to come up with both a fakemon and a character who used scarves as weapons. So. Rabbit yaay. I think Scarfight now has one of my favorite poses.
[Image: scarfreezeredonecopy.png]

Scarfreeze: This small rabbit monster eats frozen berries and grass that's been covered in snow. The dig quickly through up to 10 feet of snow for their food, and are known to dig tunnels in the ice and snow as homes. Their fur is extra fluffy, and they use the long trails to keep themselves warm on freezing, blizzardy nights.
[Image: scarfightredonecopy.png]

Scarfight: Scarfight has developed a extra set of 'arms' in order to reach pine cones and other food sources that are up in tree branches. They fight with a mix of powerful kicks and quick slashes from the claws on the scarf like extension. They are able to jump up to 15 feet in the air. If their food isn't frozen, they'll freeze it with their cold breath before eating it.
  • 10(current)