Hello everyone, I've had quite a few ideas that I'd like to present to the community, so I will be dividing these into separate categories to keep the ideas on topic, and so certain ideas aren't lost somewhere in the thread
That being said, the first category I'd like to discuss are adding extra features to the game that would be considered "Fun features that have no essential purpose to the game, and extra challenges that can provide rewards (non-item) and have a separate ranking for who scores highest".
1) House Ownership
- One thing that always bothers me about games like this one is the abundance of houses/buildings in the game... that have no purpose other than decoration.
Currently, I would argue that there are more than enough houses in the game for pretty much anyone who wants one, and that in terms of running out of houses to sell, I feel that there won't be a shortage any time soon.
To address the future concern of limited housing, I feel that it is important that each player may only own 1 house, and that these houses must be purchasable with the in-game currency, maybe something like 10m gold for one.
What would be the purpose of owning a house? Mainly, the purpose would be to add a personalization factor to the game, and decorative items could also be purchased from DIFFERENT stores throughout the game. (these items should be rather expensive, and not all available in every town like all items currently are).
To expand, we could also add guild halls/faction halls (whatever they're called in this game...) and these could include ranking/requests boards from the guild/faction you're in. (also could be decorated with HIGHLY expensive items that should only be affordable if your group all contributes to a purchase).
Getting lengthy now, so I'll stop there...
- Personally, I sometimes get bored of constantly grinding, and I could be persuaded to stay on the site longer if there were some simple minigames included in the system that you could gain special items from in the process. (e.g., decorations for housing)
Most 2D rpg games that I play contain mazes and challenges that add another aspect to the game and makes it more meaningful to say that you completed them. Currently, getting to area 500 is an accomplishment only because you defeat the leaders and you spent a TON of time walking through area after area for hours on end.
3) Hidden Areas/Easter Eggs
- I think this one pretty much sums itself up by the name... I feel there should be some un-labeled zones (no assigned number) that perhaps have a higher rare monster rate that normal zones, and/or special minigames/challenges to add an excitement factor to the game.
4) Randomized NPC Battle System
- For those who have played Pokemon Emerald, this would be similar to the Battle Frontier which you can go to after winning the game. In a nutshell, you fight randomized NPC characters in different combat styles (combat styles will be addressed in a different thread) and you strive to set a personal best in how long of a winstreak you can get before being defeated.
I don't want to make this post any longer now since I've already created quite the lengthy message, so I'll explain this more in-depth if anyone needs more clarification on what's being asked.
Signed, your favorite bug,