Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beetall's Ideas #1 - Fun/Challenges
Hello everyone, I've had quite a few ideas that I'd like to present to the community, so I will be dividing these into separate categories to keep the ideas on topic, and so certain ideas aren't lost somewhere in the thread Dodgy

That being said, the first category I'd like to discuss are adding extra features to the game that would be considered "Fun features that have no essential purpose to the game, and extra challenges that can provide rewards (non-item) and have a separate ranking for who scores highest".

More specifically...

1) House Ownership - One thing that always bothers me about games like this one is the abundance of houses/buildings in the game... that have no purpose other than decoration.  

Currently, I would argue that there are more than enough houses in the game for pretty much anyone who wants one, and that in terms of  running out of houses to sell, I feel that there won't be a shortage any time soon. 

To address the future concern of limited housing, I feel that it is important that each player may only own 1 house, and that these houses must be purchasable with the in-game currency, maybe something like 10m gold for one.

What would be the purpose of owning a house? Mainly, the purpose would be to add a personalization factor to the game, and decorative items could also be purchased from DIFFERENT stores throughout the game. (these items should be rather expensive, and not all available in every town like all items currently are).

To expand, we could also add guild halls/faction halls (whatever they're called in this game...) and these could include ranking/requests boards from the guild/faction you're in. (also could be decorated with HIGHLY expensive items that should only be affordable if your group all contributes to a purchase).

Getting lengthy now, so I'll stop there...

2) Minigames - Personally, I sometimes get bored of constantly grinding, and I could be persuaded to stay on the site longer if there were some simple minigames included in the system that you could gain special items from in the process. (e.g., decorations for housing) Rolleyes

Most 2D rpg games that I play contain mazes and challenges that add another aspect to the game and makes it more meaningful to say that you completed them. Currently, getting to area 500 is an accomplishment only because you defeat the leaders and you spent a TON of time walking through area after area for hours on end.

3) Hidden Areas/Easter Eggs - I think this one pretty much sums itself up by the name... I feel there should be some un-labeled zones (no assigned number) that perhaps have a higher rare monster rate that normal zones, and/or special minigames/challenges to add an excitement factor to the game.

4) Randomized NPC Battle System - For those who have played Pokemon Emerald, this would be similar to the Battle Frontier which you can go to after winning the game. In a nutshell, you fight randomized NPC characters in different combat styles (combat styles will be addressed in a different thread) and you strive to set a personal best in how long of a winstreak you can get before being defeated.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to make this post any longer now since I've already created quite the lengthy message, so I'll explain this more in-depth if anyone needs more clarification on what's being asked.

Signed, your favorite bug,
-Beetall
I'll comment more later, but I like the mini game idea the most. For example an NPC w/ unlimited monsters would be an awesome challenge. Kind of a see how far you can get kinda thing.

Good stuff Beetall.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
much like an arena thing pein suggested. a fun way to recieve ancients or zeniths and legends.
[Image: gHLfEiG.png]
Click If You Want to become a LEGEND
The Legend Arena Leader for the LEGENDS GUILD
I really like the first one. i.m finding that i can rack up gold quite quickly, and it's getting to the point where it's burning a hole in my wallet, so to speak.
I'm insycotic!!!

I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. if i should return before i get back, please ask me to wait.

OUCH!!! MY HOOBER BLOOBERS BROKEN!!!!
(2013-02-26, 02:01 AM)Beetall Wrote: Hello everyone, I've had quite a few ideas that I'd like to present to the community, so I will be dividing these into separate categories to keep the ideas on topic, and so certain ideas aren't lost somewhere in the thread Dodgy

That being said, the first category I'd like to discuss are adding extra features to the game that would be considered "Fun features that have no essential purpose to the game, and extra challenges that can provide rewards (non-item) and have a separate ranking for who scores highest".

More specifically...

1) House Ownership - One thing that always bothers me about games like this one is the abundance of houses/buildings in the game... that have no purpose other than decoration.  

Currently, I would argue that there are more than enough houses in the game for pretty much anyone who wants one, and that in terms of  running out of houses to sell, I feel that there won't be a shortage any time soon. 

To address the future concern of limited housing, I feel that it is important that each player may only own 1 house, and that these houses must be purchasable with the in-game currency, maybe something like 10m gold for one.

What would be the purpose of owning a house? Mainly, the purpose would be to add a personalization factor to the game, and decorative items could also be purchased from DIFFERENT stores throughout the game. (these items should be rather expensive, and not all available in every town like all items currently are).

To expand, we could also add guild halls/faction halls (whatever they're called in this game...) and these could include ranking/requests boards from the guild/faction you're in. (also could be decorated with HIGHLY expensive items that should only be affordable if your group all contributes to a purchase).

Getting lengthy now, so I'll stop there...

2) Minigames - Personally, I sometimes get bored of constantly grinding, and I could be persuaded to stay on the site longer if there were some simple minigames included in the system that you could gain special items from in the process. (e.g., decorations for housing) Rolleyes

Most 2D rpg games that I play contain mazes and challenges that add another aspect to the game and makes it more meaningful to say that you completed them. Currently, getting to area 500 is an accomplishment only because you defeat the leaders and you spent a TON of time walking through area after area for hours on end.

3) Hidden Areas/Easter Eggs - I think this one pretty much sums itself up by the name... I feel there should be some un-labeled zones (no assigned number) that perhaps have a higher rare monster rate that normal zones, and/or special minigames/challenges to add an excitement factor to the game.

4) Randomized NPC Battle System - For those who have played Pokemon Emerald, this would be similar to the Battle Frontier which you can go to after winning the game. In a nutshell, you fight randomized NPC characters in different combat styles (combat styles will be addressed in a different thread) and you strive to set a personal best in how long of a winstreak you can get before being defeated.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to make this post any longer now since I've already created quite the lengthy message, so I'll explain this more in-depth if anyone needs more clarification on what's being asked.

Signed, your favorite bug,
-Beetall
@1-that would be cool. like the secret bases you could make in ruby/sapphire.
@2-heck yes. 
@3-but of course.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Minigames Big Grin
Yay someone decides to bring it up again Dodgy

Anything related to guilds, you can find the "guild information thingy development" thread in the Ideas Development o-o Post there with your all ideas >=D - relating to guilds.

Battle Tower thingy suggested several times but thank you for bringing it up again once more.
1-2-3 all nice idea but there are really more prior issues

as for 4 - we are going to re-assign all monsters and npcs at next monster update Smile
so game will be almost like new game