Poll: Rate, so cef (owner) knows what u guys think
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 awesome stars!!!!!
68.89%
4 awesome stars!!
20.00%
3 awesome stars
4.44%
2 stars
4.44%
1 thingy
2.22%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Awesome thread: Improve the game with me
Keep up the good work santyBig Grin.
I love ur songsSmile
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
awesome idea, i forgot this game doesnt has any sound yet lol XD
This is dope.
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
Yo santy, u still making music for the game?
(2014-01-03, 04:08 PM)Qurac23 Wrote: Yo santy, u still making music for the game?

Yes! I'm just so bussy at the moment. but next weeks are a bit calmer. im working on 4 songs.
Fiesh is helping me as a neutral ear, but he's bussy also.

Just have a bit patience and before you know it, there are four new tracks on Smile
            thx PRYSMA 2
  [Image: 7G5XCZU.jpg]
great suggestion out there santy! =))) this should be implemented by cef. music is also important because it might be getting bored while youre hunting mons,buy/sell at shop,fighting npc and so on =))) i agree with this. thumbs up!
When is  it coming
(2014-01-03, 04:28 PM)ninjacool Wrote: When is  it coming

Short: Could be taking a long time ninja.
Could take a few months at least. 

Explanation: I don't know when I'll have bussy periods. But i progressed quite far no? Just some zone's, maybe arena theme and I'm finished. 
=> When i'm finished. I'll go to a studio to remaster all the tracks. That will take a few days (16 hours, i hope not longer Wink ) in the studio.. So it will take some time again, but its for the better quality.
            thx PRYSMA 2
(2014-01-03, 04:15 PM)Santy Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 04:08 PM)Qurac23 Wrote: Yo santy, u still making music for the game?

Yes! I'm just so bussy at the moment. but next weeks are a bit calmer. im working on 4 songs.
Fiesh is helping me as a neutral ear, but he's bussy also.

Just have a bit patience and before you know it, there are four new tracks on Smile

Got it thxBig Grin
The composition is good, but as a fellow Garageband user, I'm going to say that there's a lot that needs to be improved. There are some issues with the mastering; the instruments don't always flow. They sound a little disjointed at times, like amateur MIDI files. It wouldn't hurt to play around with volume levels, reverb, echo, and whatever instrument effects you feel are necessary. I noticed that you said you were going to remaster the themes, so that might be your chance to do some cool stuff with it.

I'm going to do a little critique on your Normal Zone theme:
The composition is good. The melody is catchy, and the chord progression is very nice. I like the tambourine loop you used in the background. I really love the entire last half of the song; the horn melody is fun and bouncy, and the loops in the background match the melody very well. The drum breakdown is alright; the best part about it is the little synth sweep under the drums. The Ithaca Vox solo at the end is nice, but it's so short; you could do so much more with it.
The Dub Horns are really annoying; I've never liked that instrument. Horn Section at 120 velocity sounds a lot better, in my honest opinion. You could also go for Orchestra Trumpets, if you have the Jam Pack. I've also noticed that you seem very reliant on premade loops. Try making your own drum beats and harmonies instead of just using what Apple gives you. It's a lot more gratifying to listen to something and say "Hey, I came up with that."

I'm not saying they're bad; I really like the Light, Ghost, and Electric Zone themes. I just think that the final songs could use a little polishing, much like many of the monsters we have need redraws. I think it's wonderful that you're taking the plunge and actually doing this for the game. Music is something we've needed BADLY.

And now you've got me really wanting to compose battle themes. A joint project, perhaps...?
(Now, I'm not sure what version of Garageband you use, but I use '08, so if you have anything newer than that, we won't be able to collaborate.)

Also, your PVP theme is a remix of Lance's battle theme from Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal. We can't have that. (EDIT: It's a good remix of Lance's theme; it just can't be used in its present form.)
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
(2014-01-04, 03:53 AM)TexasToast Wrote: ....
For starters. I really appreciate what you posted! I agree with almost everything and I'll change a few things, if I'm done with everything. 

I'll do a remaster indeed, so it will be a bit better, but for me; its still garageband. I also don't have a special pack with extra sounds so.. I'm kinda stuck with a lot of instruments..

About the loops. I used not that many loops in total (not for the basic stuff anyway, because I make the songs on piano first), but the loops are fine in my opinion. If i can't come up with something better, then I rather use loops. 
For example i made my own drums part for electric zone. It was cool, so I kept it. If it is not good enough for me, I look for a good loop to make it better. Drum parts are also time consuming, and time I don't have Confused 

About pvp: I understand man. I'll change it a little bit more then. I want to keep the concept though. Its not completely the same, but I'll work on it. A lot of monsters in the game are based on existing pokemon (muk,...), the monster center theme is also related to the original one. 

About working together. Maybe you can try to send a few things that I can use? Or even better, a complete theme if you want! I don't mind working together  Smile My version of garage band is the latest one I think. You sure that doesn't work? => If it does work, i can send you my tracks so you can (re)master them/make the tracks better maybe?
If you want to coöperate, I'll give you the credits for your own work/theme's you made + put your bio up in the first post. But i want to put it on here and mixcloud so we don't have to use different sites to promote the music. Let me hear some stuff Wink !!
Plz send a pm in game! Thx!
            thx PRYSMA 2
Amazing job, Santy!  Can't wait for them to be added to the game(:
[Image: sig_zpsefabe73c.png]
Finished the Fire Zone theme! You guys can listen to it on YouTube, and I'll see about getting the original file to Santy so it can go on his Mixcloud. (Don't forget to credit me in the description, buddy. Wink)
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
(2014-01-11, 12:32 AM)TexasToast Wrote: Finished the Fire Zone theme! You guys can listen to it on YouTube, and I'll see about getting the original file to Santy so it can go on his Mixcloud. (Don't forget to credit me in the description, buddy. Wink)

Its done. I have put your IGN even in the title + I asked cefurkan to make u an art designer. He did it right away... so grats!
            thx PRYSMA 2
OK since for some reason I cant post anywere, I wanted to suggest that you put a "Yes / No" Buttons when you acccidentally press R when a rare monster appears.

It should be like
Rare Monster Appears -> You press R accidentally -> Game asks you if you really want to run away from it -> Yes / No

Ty
(2014-01-16, 03:05 AM)Nyki Wrote: OK since for some reason I cant post anywere, I wanted to suggest that you put a "Yes / No" Buttons when you acccidentally press R when a rare monster appears.

It should be like
Rare Monster Appears -> You press R accidentally -> Game asks you if you really want to run away from it -> Yes / No

Ty

You should make your own threat for this and delete your  post here.
Thx.
            thx PRYSMA 2
I love your music! I can't wait for this to be in the game!
And thanks for doing such a nice thing for everyone playing ^^
Okay, guys, I have a really cool idea for the soundtrack of this game. Let me know what you think!
  • Standard Zone Themes: Plays in the overworld of the game. Unique to each Zone.
  • Cave Themes: Remixed theme of the zone in which the cave is located. Quieter and slower paced that the main zone theme.
  • Town Theme: Plays in the towns of the overworld. Remixed for each zone.
  • Arena City Theme: Plays in the major city of the zone. Remixed for each zone.
  • Standard Wild Battle Theme: Plays during battle with a Regular, Superior, or Emissary monster. Remixed for each zone. Will most likely use Santy's battle bassline.
  • Zenith/Legend Battle Themes: Remixed theme of the zone in which the Zenith/Legend monster is encountered.
  • Ancient Battle Themes: Epic, orchestrated theme of the zone in which the Ancient is encountered.
  • Trainer Battle Theme: Plays when battling an NPC trainer. Remixed for each zone.
  • Arena Leader Battle Theme: Plays during a battle with an Arena Leader. Remixed for each zone.
  • Guardian Battle Theme: Plays during a battle with a Guardian. Remixed for each zone.
  • (NOTE: The zone battle themes for Zeniths, Ancients, and Legends play regardless of the type of the monster encountered. Only the zone affects the music.)
I also sent Santy the finished Psychic Zone theme, so that should be going live on the Mixcloud soon. Big Grin

As a side note, I've started work on the Psychic Ancient battle theme. Stay tuned!
(2014-01-20, 12:36 AM)TexasToast Wrote: Okay, guys, I have a really cool idea for the soundtrack of this game. Let me know what you think!
  • Standard Zone Themes: Plays in the overworld of the game. Unique to each Zone.
  • Cave Themes: Remixed theme of the zone in which the cave is located. Quieter and slower paced that the main zone theme.
  • Standard Wild Battle Theme: Plays during battle with a Regular, Superior, or Emissary monster. Remixed for each zone. Will most likely use Santy's battle bassline.
  • Zenith/Legend Battle Themes: Remixed theme of the zone in which the Zenith/Legend monster is encountered. Will retain a theme
  • Ancient Battle Themes: Epic, orchestrated theme of the zone in which the Ancient is encountered.
  • Trainer Battle Theme: Plays when battling an NPC trainer. Remixed for each zone.
  • Arena Leader Battle Theme: Plays during a battle with an Arena Leader. Remixed for each zone.
  • Guardian Battle Theme: Plays during a battle with a Guardian. Remixed for each zone.
I also sent Santy the finished Psychic Zone theme, so that should be going live on the Mixcloud soon. Big Grin

As a side note, I've started work on the Psychic Ancient battle theme. Stay tuned!

+1

I would be great to have this implemented in the game
I also plan on remastering some of Santy's songs in the future. I have higher-quality instruments for Garageband, and I really think that they will vastly improve the sound of Santy's already excellent compositions. (I'm really excited to remaster River Song; I think it'll sound wonderful with my Jam Pack strings.)

For the Fighting Zone Zenith/Legend theme, I'm going to draw inspiration from "Eye of the Tiger" and "Getting Stronger" from Rocky. It just makes sense for Fighting-types.

Aaaaaaand I'm almost done with the Psychic Ancient theme! Dang, I'm on a roll! Big Grin
(2014-01-20, 02:22 AM)DarkRenegade Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 12:36 AM)TexasToast Wrote: Okay, guys, I have a really cool idea for the soundtrack of this game. Let me know what you think!
  • Zenith/Legend Battle Themes: Remixed theme of the zone in which the Zenith/Legend monster is encountered. Will retain a theme

+1

I would be great to have this implemented in the game

Hey dude,

I really like you ideas.

But there are 2 problems:
1: you want to remix for each zone... so thats one track x19 = lots of work for you/us. = 200 remixes = will take long.
2: with more than 200 tracks, I dont think its programmable. cefurkan says it was very difficult to program the music with the refreshing pages and i just think its impossible to program them all in.. 
example: standard/zenith/ancient battle remixes for each zone.. looks impossible to me..

Other opinion about ancients: 
I would use the power of quietness when a ancient arrives. (if its even possible to program)
I wouldn't make music for ancients. No music is epic to.
But this is my opinion. Maybe we should vote or something or ask other people for this. (but again, i dont think cefurkan can program each ancient each zone a different song = 19 different songs for ancients only) so I should wait until we made al the important music first, before we decide to do crazy stuff. :p
            thx PRYSMA 2
(2014-01-20, 07:50 AM)Santy: Wrote: Other opinion about ancients: 
I would use the power of quietness when a ancient arrives. (if its even possible to program)
But this is my opinion. Maybe we should vote or something or ask other people for this. (but again, i dont think cefurkan can program each ancient each zone a different song = 19 different songs for ancients only) so I should wait until we made al the important music first, before we decide to do crazy stuff. :p

Yeah, let's stick to the basic stuff first.

Still, I think that if he'll be able to program music for each zone (the entire game is on one webpage, "gamepage.aspx"), it could be possible for him to do the same with battles. The maps have a little box that contains the name; maybe the music could be tied to that somehow. In a similar way, maybe battle music can be related to the little in-battle name box that says "Owned by:". (Wild Monster, Trainer, Arena Leader, etc. etc.)

The reason I decided on cinematic orchestrations for Ancient battles is because in the V2 demonstration video on CeF's YouTube channel, he makes liberal use of powerful movie-soundtrack-type music throughout the whole thirty minutes. Just listen... Also, if Ancients didn't have a battle theme at all, I think a lot of players would be disappointed. I believe epic silence is more suited to cutscenes.

We could also stagger the music implementation. The basic zone, battle, and shop/center themes would be added in V3 (or earlier), and the different battle remixes would be added in V4 or whenever CeF feels ready.
(2014-01-20, 02:40 PM)TexasToast Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 07:50 AM)Santy: Wrote: Other opinion about ancients: 

Yeah, let's stick to the basic stuff first.

Still, I think that if he'll be able to program music for each zone (the entire game is on one webpage, "gamepage.aspx"), I think it could be possible for him to do the same with battles. The maps have a little box that contains the name; maybe the music could be tied to that somehow. In a similar way, maybe battle music can be related to the little in-battle name box that says "Owned by:". (Wild Monster, Trainer, Arena Leader, etc. etc.)

The reason I decided on cinematic orchestrations for Ancient battles is because in the V2 demonstration video on CeF's YouTube channel, he makes liberal use of powerful movie-soundtrack-type music throughout the whole thirty minutes. Just listen... Also, if Ancients didn't have a battle theme at all, I think a lot of players would be disappointed. I believe epic silence is more suited to cutscenes.

We could also stagger the music implementation. The basic zone, battle, and shop/center themes would be added in V3 (or earlier), and the different battle remixes would be added in V4 or whenever CeF feels ready.

Well. You can make a battle theme for ancients if you want. its ok Wink
But like you said...
Important stuff first so we can get this music started! Big Grin
            thx PRYSMA 2
Good job with the music guysBig Grin
Dj santy!! NEXT BEST THING IN BELGIUM  AFTER CHOCOLATE!!
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
(2014-01-22, 03:08 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: Dj santy!! NEXT BEST THING IN BELGIUM  AFTER CHOCOLATE!!

lol. my brother is the dj, im just a composer for the game :p lol
            thx PRYSMA 2
The video for the Psychic Zone Theme is now live on my channel!

Here's the whole playlist so far!
(2014-01-22, 06:45 PM)TexasToast Wrote: The video for the Psychic Zone Theme is now live on my channel!

Here's the whole playlist so far!

waaaw! Nice bug and ground zone theme's! Those are really great.
My personal favorite is the ground one.

I'll put them on mix cloud tomorrow!
            thx PRYSMA 2
NiceSmile. like the psychic themeBig Grin