Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ALL PLAYERS SHOULD READ THIS]-general game improvements
Exclamation 
So the state of the game has basically ground into the same monotonous "catch, level, pvp, grind it out" kind of a routine.
That should stop, before we all lose interest in the game.
So this thread is for any ideas that we, as users in the game, can implement and do without needing a drastic overhaul by Cefurkan.
Read the giant red letters: This thread is for stuff that the community can do by itself, without cefurkan needing to do anything.Anything offtopic will be deleted
I'll keep any solid suggestions linked into this OP.
League of Trainers
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
I'll add to this post later! Great thread!
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Storyline? (that requires hard work)
Uh, im aware this would be difficult, but perhaps we could implement better battle gameplay. As in being able to see your monster battle the same way as it is done in the pokemon games.
420 Blaze it Lol
(2013-07-16, 06:35 PM)torito747 Wrote: Uh, im aware this would be difficult, but perhaps we could implement better battle gameplay. As in being able to see your monster battle the same way as it is done in the pokemon games.

That would take a lot of work, by artists and by Cef.

We need easy suggestions that can be mostly done by the community.
scuttle scuttle
(2013-07-16, 06:35 PM)torito747 Wrote: Uh, im aware this would be difficult, but perhaps we could implement better battle gameplay. As in being able to see your monster battle the same way as it is done in the pokemon games.

That requires a sprite for every monster!! (1700 monsters)
Whaddya guys think about having a revolving league made up of players themselves instead of NPCs?
each player holds their "position" for a month or so. Leaguers can battle among themselves to move up and down in position, but need to go through the established order. Players can challenge them to a bets of 3 series to decide if they get to face the next member or not.
(2013-07-16, 06:55 PM)orboknown Wrote: Whaddya guys think about having a revolving league made up of players themselves instead of NPCs?
each player holds their "position" for a month or so. Leaguers can battle among themselves to move up and down in position, but need to go through the established order. Players can challenge them to a bets of 3 series to decide if they get to face the next member or not.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I'VE WANTED THIS FOREVER!

+1
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
I like orbos idea haha +2
420 Blaze it Lol
(2013-07-16, 06:55 PM)orboknown Wrote: Whaddya guys think about having a revolving league made up of players themselves instead of NPCs?

Wouldn't be something I'd be interesting in doing myself (just because I'm not a pvper), but I think it would be a welcome addition to the game.

+3.
scuttle scuttle
(2013-07-16, 07:00 PM)orboknown Wrote: DZ says that the term length as a leaguer should be shortened. How long do people think it should be?
I say players should have a choice of 5 days to two weeks.
420 Blaze it Lol
Loving orbs idea Smile
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
1 month does seem long. I was think on making it every 1 or 2 weeks. If it's short on the position leader then they need to try harder to maintain their position. Seriously it would be better having it on Saturdays. There will be that weekly event and this at the same time. Double the fun
Yeah I agree with dz
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess

I like this idea a lot.
But, seeing I'm foreign and not into the whole experience, could you elaborate more?
Also, will there be requirements?
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
every week change it out then? Or have it as two week sentences then at the end of every week choose the successors so that at the end of the week the new "league" takes over without a break in service?
orbs idea is perfect although might be first difficult to realize? can anyone battle the league or only people with 19 badges? And having A Champion would be cool, as you are as long a champ until someone defeats you.

Edit: what about making each month a tournament to determine the members of that league? each participant has to have 19 (or atleast 12 f.e.) badges so that not too many people apply? And then people would be motivated to get more badges
Uh also one more thing would the player's pvping monsters have levels according to the zone theyre in? Like the NPCs do?
420 Blaze it Lol
(2013-07-16, 07:10 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote:

I like this idea a lot.
But, seeing I'm foreign and not into the whole experience, could you elaborate more?

MKay. There's gonna be a setup of however many people who will serve a term as the members of the league. These players, if we're gonna be in a shorter term, will be arranged in an order and that is the order they must be challenged in. Best of 3 pvp round should do it, if the challenger wins he moves on to the next member. Every so often we change out the members of the league with new people. Rinse and repeat. There should be requirements for being a member I guess, but iunno about challenging them.
(2013-07-16, 07:11 PM)touraccount Wrote: orbs idea is perfect although might be first difficult to realize? can anyone battle the league or only people with 19 badges? And having A Champion would be cool, as you are as long a champ until someone defeats you.

Edit: what about making each month a tournament to determine the members of that league? each participant has to have 19 (or atleast 12 f.e.) badges so that not too many people apply? And then people would be motivated to get more badges
Tourney can be done I suppose. Champ should be switched out after two terms though, so it doesn't get stale imo.
(2013-07-16, 07:12 PM)torito747 Wrote: Uh also one more thing would the player's pvping monsters have levels according to the zone theyre in? Like the NPCs do?
We can arrange them in an order by level if we'd like.
about champ -> champ is the winner of that tournament until he gets beaten by any challenger of the league.. And we could make a hall of fame for all champs?

Edit: The champ is the winner, then league mebers are f.e. the next 5 best ones.. as soon as someone beats the league only the champ gets replaced, the league stays till the next tournament?
how about something like that
ehhhhh. it takes away the idea of the league changing a lot to keep it interesting.
(2013-07-16, 07:14 PM)orboknown Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 07:10 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote:

I like this idea a lot.

MKay. There's gonna be a setup of however many people who will serve a term as the members of the league. These players, if we're gonna be in a shorter term, will be arranged in an order and that is the order they must be challenged in. Best of 3 pvp round should do it, if the challenger wins he moves on to the next member. Every so often we change out the members of the league with new people. Rinse and repeat. There should be requirements for being a member I guess, but iunno about challenging them.

Thanks, this explains a lot. 
I like the idea even more than original lol. Hope it'll work
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
it should so long as we don't dissolve into bickering about it and people agree to change out when they are supposed to.
orb we just need to decide fixed rules and and a few "hoster" who look that everyone follows the rules that were made up etc
I can run it need be. I would just want/need help as to how players want it set up for each month/period of time.
(2013-07-16, 07:26 PM)orboknown Wrote: I can run it need be. I would just want/need help as to how players want it set up for each month/period of time.

I think at first the main rules should be decided as how long the term is, how exactly the members are decided, who can participate (number of badges f.e., maybe a min rank idk), who the hosters are, etc.
Afterwards the rules like what mons etc can be decided
True.
Lol.. The only thing we can do is make threads.

These Threads

Anyways we should have something other than PVP involvled, PVP is important in M3O but lets keep it balanced. Something to do with catching/gold making?

Just like that League position thing we could have a Best Hunter of the week?
I can live with that.