erm.... [Image: 67tpom.png]
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
[Image: 30adule.png]
hmm it sorta looks like a scorpion, grasshoper and an ant eater bred together
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
yea,idk wat scorpions look like
All you got to do is study the anatomy of a scorpian, try to break it down into individual pieces, then you can put all those individual pieces together.
well i looked at 1 pic,then i forgot the claws,body was to fat,head was to big,so i gave up
zach don't give up, if you are having trouble dismantling the parts of it look at this  https://www.drawingnow.com/tutorials/vie...-scorpion/

Don't copy it, just use it to look at how you break down an animal in to pieces.
but for instance,on eagle,i tried forward pose,and it had uneven wings...
on your sketches you should add lines in certain places so you can get the same angles and length on parts of your drawings, remember you are not gonna keep the sketch, you are gonna keep the line art that comes from the sketch
true,so i should use a lineart layer,to do straight lines? thats genius 0-0
you can have different layers for all sorts of things, but just make sure to keep everything out of the line art when you are done
yea,right now i do, 1: blue or red,body outline,2: blue or red,sketch,3: lineart
Hey Zach, question.

Can I see a sketch of one of your fakemon before you even start doing lines? X3 I'm just curious about how you're breaking it down right now.
all these are sketches dawn 0-0 i haven't did lineart :p
Ooohkay. 

Alright, first thing I want to say is that you want to grab a good library of reference pictures of animals or whatever you're basing off for drawing so you don't get anatomy wrong and that you don't draw from memory. 

Second thing is don't go side-view. Monster drawings are usually in between side view and straight up front view, and don't usually face completely to the side or to the front. 

Third thing is to play around with dynamic poses. Instead of having your eagle stand there, why don't you show it about to take off in flight? Dynamic stuff can draw attention to the drawing and interest people.

Fourth thing, break down the drawing into simple shapes like circles and lines and everything else like that. It helps you plan out the poses better and gives you something to sketch over.
Hmm these don't look like sketches to me...

EDIT: it seems that you are just doing the line art right off the back, zach
they are dep :p,i haven't did lineart,and now that i read dawn's post,i will redo the eagle later on, maybe 1 doin liftoff,one attacking,idk,we'll see :p. i love graphic designing C: even though i stink 0-0,meh...i can get better C;
join me C: https://join.me/ZacheryMatthews
dont you have school tomorrow o.o
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
[Image: 4r6yyf.png] so i took ShockZekroms' Bossprey,and totally took a creative turn in it (: hope ya like,it took forever,and it would of failed if it wasn't for Knost guidance ^_^ thank ya man !
Good luck with your line art man.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
thanks man :p
(2013-01-14, 05:08 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: [Image: 4r6yyf.png] so i took ShockZekroms' Bossprey,and totally took a creative turn in it (: hope ya like,it took forever,and it would of failed if it wasn't for Knost guidance ^_^ thank ya man !
BUMP FOR ShockZekrom
Give it a tie. Don't forget the tie.
And it has thick legs, but otherwise...
LIKE A BOSS(...prey.)
[Image: FeraligatrSig.png]
LIKE A BOSS

;P xD
https://join.me/630-396-414   livestreaming :3 doin ShockZekroms' Irishell
[Image: 2cgk12x.png] ShockZekroms' Concept Irishell
(2013-01-15, 02:31 AM)zacherymatthews                   BUMP FOR SHOCK Wrote: [Image: 2cgk12x.png] ShockZekroms' Concept Irishell
(2013-01-14, 03:51 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: join me C: https://join.me/ZacheryMatthews
AND I WILL MAKE YOUR FACE THE GREATEST IN KORIDAI!
Or else you will DIE!

Your skill is steadily improving by the way. Just keep practicing! I got good by drawing for... 8+ years? Pretty much since I was really little. I used to do boring poses, but my imagination and frequent visits to deviantART (a.k.a. Fanart Central) has allowed me to come up with and attempt more interesting positions. Dynamic poses (and sometimes camera angles) can give so much personality to a picture. Just keep it up!
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack