Monster MMORPG Game Official Forum » Monster MMORPG » General Discussions » Which one of these fakemons are copyright safe and replace them with which of our exi
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one of these fakemons are copyright safe and replace them with which of our exi
Question 
Which one of these fakemons are copyright safe and replace them with which of our existing monsters ?

These are all volunteered artworks

example answers

Zephicrylis is safe and replace with : #357 Spoiule

click below link to see full size

https://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/...72jlei.png

Thumbnail(s)

Sparksile, Bombtrode, Rotom tv, and Salandrake are a bit iffy. 

>_> Bombtrode and Rotom TV are far too close to Pokemon. Especially Rotom TV because "TV" is only added to "Rotom", which is a real Pokemon.
Taking into consideration as to what Sparrowhawk has said:
(By the way, it is getting harder to work in the new single monsters without breaking up existing evolution chains...)

Renbuck replace with #172 Clinala
Dondash replace with #482 Hoonala
Blitzrein replace with #483 Hoofinani
Sharpsire queen replace with #762 Bellady
Sharpsire king replace with #763 Caroul
Diebenzo replace with #1085 Glum
Dietoxin replace with #1086 Noosis
Sirusteel replace with #1419 Dynamine
Turking replace with #1716 Keewee
Vipedrake replace with #1257 Gaiame
Wickroma replace with #1514 Carbuncle
Zantorious replace with #1773 Meeke
Zephicrylis replace with #1317 Barnagee
Brawltic replace with #1612 Kentundra
Danticatty replace with #344 Oneyca
Dragolord replace with #898 Dragound
Elchime replace with #Tanukid
Lirush replace with #1307 Setea
Muscinerate replace with #1118 Carvaire
Northlord replace with #1548 Therburr
Paraowl replace with #357 Spoiule
Pixicane replace with #1706 Petangel
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
Sparksile looks like minun. Vipedrake looks like seviper. Zantorious looks like zangoose. Danticatty looks like delcatty. thats it
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Here are the ones that are based on copyrighted Pokémon:
Both Sharpsires are Bisharp evos. Brawltic is a Beartic evo. Vipedrake is based on Seviper, Zantorious is based on Zangoose, Wickroma is based on Aromatisse, Dragolord is based on Dragonite, Muscinerate is based on Parasect, Lirush is based on Linoone (and it doesn't look all that great anyway), Paraowl is based on Noctowl, Saladrake is based on Salamence, Sparksile is obviously Minun, and Rotom TV is just Rotom in a TV. And I don't even need to say anything about Bombtrode.

Here's the stuff that looks OK to me:
Sirusteel
Turking
Zephicrylis
Diebenzo>Dietoxin
Reibuck>Dondash>Blitzrein
Northlord
Elchime

Also, Wickroma might still work if the name were changed. That would require the artist's consent, though.

And, since this is relevant, Helioptile is a copyrighted name. The art is fine, but I recommend changing the name to Reptelios. It's an original name made out of the same parts. (Reptile+Helios)
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
I agree with everything that TexasToast has said. +1
(2014-01-17, 11:44 PM)TexasToast Wrote: Here are the ones that are based on copyrighted Pokémon:
Both Sharpsires are Bisharp evos. Brawltic is a Beartic evo. Vipedrake is based on Seviper, Zantorious is based on Zangoose, Wickroma is based on Aromatisse, Dragolord is based on Dragonite, Muscinerate is based on Parasect, Lirush is based on Linoone (and it doesn't look all that great anyway), Paraowl is based on Noctowl, Saladrake is based on Salamence, Sparksile is obviously Minun, and Rotom TV is just Rotom in a TV. And I don't even need to say anything about Bombtrode.

Here's the stuff that looks OK to me:
Sirusteel
Turking
Zephicrylis
Diebenzo>Dietoxin
Reibuck>Dondash>Blitzrein
Northlord
Elchime

Also, Wickroma might still work if the name were changed. That would require the artist's consent, though.

And, since this is relevant, Helioptile is a copyrighted name. The art is fine, but I recommend changing the name to Reptelios. It's an original name made out of the same parts. (Reptile+Helios)

thanks for detailed answer

also names can not get copyrighted. brands etc can Smile
I also agree with texas except for the following 2 :

- Wickroma is prefectly fine imo. I didnt even think about aromatisse untill reading texas' post.
- Zantorious is also perfectly fine imo. Because same reason ^

But for the other pokemon based designs texas' mentioned, yes they are definitly copies from real pokemon.
And Bombtrode is just exactly 3 electrodes yes... doesnt even need more arguments -,-

[Image: 101.png]

Zephicrylis is amazing btw.
Zantorious is safe right guys i may also use it Big Grin
TexasToast you really helped me now i can compare myself :d
Salandrake is similar to which official pokemon u think guys ?
(2014-01-18, 12:35 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: Salandrake is similar to which official pokemon u think guys ?

salamence

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/..._(Pokémon)
(2014-01-18, 10:58 AM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 11:44 PM)TexasToast Wrote: And, since this is relevant, Helioptile is a copyrighted name. The art is fine, but I recommend changing the name to Reptelios. It's an original name made out of the same parts. (Reptile+Helios)

also names can not get copyrighted. brands etc can Smile

'Scuse me. I meant trademarked. "Helioptile" is trademarked.

Also, you're welcome. I'm glad you're checking with this!

Zantorious probably could be used, actually. It doesn't look TOO much like Zangoose. Also, if you asked the artist to change Vipedrake's colors, it could also be used. That is, as long as the colors don't look like this:
 [Image: 1382242718191.png]

Even Dragolord might be safe, since you can pass it off as a generic dragon. I don't think Dragonite has that much green in its color scheme.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
I only know the electrode-like mon is almost identical with the electrode from pokemon. Arlaxeon said the same. I only know the first 150 pokemons, so I cant help any further...

-Dragonite-like mon is awesome!
- paras(act)-based mon is even more awesome! I like mushroom Big Grin.
            thx PRYSMA 2
  [Image: 7G5XCZU.jpg]
Only the Electrode, and Rotom are bad Imo. The rest are good.
Dragolord works, even though Shiny dragonite is green, it is not the same color and it does not look like dragonite at all.
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
thanks all for answers

based on your comments i made the update Big Grin