Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VikingHostess' Monster Designs
Rainbow 
Hi, I'm an Art Designer for the site and I wanted to create one master thread for all of my monster designs.
Feel free to criticise them to your hearts' content,
however, try to refrain from being rude, ignorant or mean.

Here's my deviantart account if anyone's interested: https://mcicereamers.deviantart.com/

Here are all of my monsters:
(Latest design on top)
[Image: 1064-Jawfin.png]
Jawfin

[Image: 1483-Pegurush.png]
Pegurush

[Image: 1581-Pobear.png]

Pobear
Pegurush is my favourite monster drawing
I see a lot of horses on your deviantART. No wonder Pegurush looks awesome!
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
awesome job with the two tho Smile
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
Thanks, I'm very proud of the Pegurush. Took me quite a while to get the anatomy right.

Anyway, I'm working on a new design and I'd like to know what you (the players), think of it before I finish inking and coloring it.

[Image: monsterjawwip_by_mcicereamers-d73f1i5.png]

It's a Legendary, steel and dark type.
omg WOW! Thats amazing! Big Grin

maybe steel dragon? or rock steel?
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
(2014-01-23, 10:00 PM)VikingHostess Wrote: Thanks, I'm very proud of the Pegurush. Took me quite a while to get the anatomy right.

Anyway, I'm working on a new design and I'd like to know what you (the players), think of it before I finish inking and coloring it.

[Image: monsterjawwip_by_mcicereamers-d73f1i5.png]

It's a Legendary, steel and dark type.

Oh my gosh. OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAWWWSH

THIS is the kind of awesome we need in this game. I love the tail, I love the scythes, I love the jaws, I love the body type, just--AUGH *flails about from epic overdose*
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Sweet for me, but is he smiling? Tongue
(2014-01-25, 09:11 AM)Bloomer Wrote: Sweet for me, but is he smiling? Tongue

Cant unsee that now..

He looks cool, i like him

Sweet
So, halfway through inking this, I thought: I've made a huge mistake.
This was crazy!
Here are the finished lines:
[Image: monsterjawvipink_by_mcicereamers-d75t8dx.png]

Now, this is a re-design of this monster: https://www.monstermmorpg.com/Jawguile-Monster-Dex-1064

I'm currently struggling with the colours. I don't know if I should use the original colours, then how, or if I should just colour it completely different.

This here is to give an idea of what it could look like with the old colours:
[Image: monsterjawvip_by_mcicereamers-d75t7ed.png]

What do you guys think?
[url=https://www.monstermmorpg.com/Jawguile-Monster-Dex-1064][/url]
That is honestly quite amazing 0.0
Excellent. Jawguile looks to much like Mawile.

I like it

(2014-02-10, 12:20 AM)Lolzinator Wrote: Excellent. Jawguile looks to much like Mawile.

I like it

Wow, that's true! The concept is obviously stolen!
Plus, I didn't like the original design so I went in a totally different direction
Love itSmile
(2014-02-10, 01:06 AM)VikingHostess Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 12:20 AM)Lolzinator Wrote: Excellent. Jawguile looks to much like Mawile.

I like it

Wow, that's true! The concept is obviously stolen!
Plus, I didn't like the original design so I went in a totally different direction

The concept wasn't necessarily stolen; the artist intentionally created an evolution for Mawile, and CeFurkan just put it in. It desperately needed an update.

Now, on the other hand, HegedusRoberto also created a replacement for Jawguile (Flederjaw). Ask CeFurkan if your monster can replace Chompwile instead (yet another Mawile evo).

As for colors, keep the black, but color the yellow parts purple, red, or maroon. Also, I suggest coming up with a new name for this guy, as Chompwile and Jawguile are just too close to Mawile to work for this concept. I'm thinking something along the lines of Kaesarix. (Based on the name "Caesar," which actually means "the cutter." The link to the Roman emperors also works, because this thing looks like it would dominate in battle.)
TexasToast, thank you so much for your constructive critisism and anwer (:

This is more or less the final product:
[Image: monsterjawfin_by_mcicereamers-d76city.png]

Any thoughts?
(2014-02-14, 02:22 AM)VikingHostess Wrote: TexasToast, thank you so much for your constructive critisism and anwer (:

This is more or less the final product:
[Image: monsterjawfin_by_mcicereamers-d76city.png]

Any thoughts?

Thoughts: I want it now. *grabby hands*
All right. The Jawguile, now called Jawfin, is approved and paid for (:

I've started redesigning a new series of monsters. I also had to come up with a new concept. They will replace these ones:
Dracle
Wyrmorter
Bomblast

I had the idea of a crocodile-like dragons based on three various stages of fire. So the first one would be "the spark", the second one would be raging fire, and the last one would be like smoke, ashes and resedue flames.
I've sketched out some raw concept images for CeFurkan to jugde, but I thought I'd post them here as well.

[Image: crocdragonfireconcept_by_mcicereamers-d76i03u.png]
I like it, those're perfect^^
beautiful just beautiful
pm me if you have questions
-bobbob123
Lovely! Can't wait to see the final products!