Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 1.5.1 TEST
Information 
When migrating real server monsters to the V2 - the monsters abilities are kept if they are able to learn them at V2

This was supposed to happen at V 1.5 but it did not happen since there were error. I found the error and hopefully it will be fixed at next update.

Also players mentioned here : https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-V...1-5-0-TEST

That the status curing moves should work even though if you are under of a status problem that prevents you to do any move.

Well they are right. So i fixed this. Now Cure All Status Problems moves should work all the time.

Please test this intensively. I hope i did not broke anything Smile
"Cure all" moves now function properly.  Tested under Sleep, Freeze, Burn, Bleed, Confuse, and Poison status.  They fail to cure the user if the attack misses, but I think that's appropriate.

Monsters haven't been re-ported have they?  Abilities are all the same.

Something I have noticed (While combing through my menagerie for something with a curing move) is that some of my monsters have duplicate abilities.  Need to add a redundancy check.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
(2013-01-06, 07:13 PM)Henrie Wrote: "Cure all" moves now function properly.  Tested under Sleep, Freeze, Burn, Bleed, Confuse, and Poison status.  They fail to cure the user if the attack misses, but I think that's appropriate.

Something I have noticed (While combing through my menagerie for something with a curing move) is that some of my monsters have duplicate abilities.  Need to add a redundancy check.
Yeah, abilities still aren't moving over properly.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2013-01-06, 07:13 PM)Henrie Wrote: "Cure all" moves now function properly.  Tested under Sleep, Freeze, Burn, Bleed, Confuse, and Poison status.  They fail to cure the user if the attack misses, but I think that's appropriate.

correct. i just found the problem Smile hopefully all ability thing will be fixed at next update

no duplicate and properly carried over
is it normal that I can not log in with my Fleetwood Mac account?
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
Hmmm....still seem to be having a problem with this move....my monster stayed confused even though the move was successful (and the other mon didn't re-confuse me).

[Image: 34hamwm.jpg]
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
(2013-01-06, 11:57 PM)Char02 Wrote: Hmmm....still seem to be having a problem with this move....my monster stayed confused even though the move was successful (and the other mon didn't re-confuse me).

[Image: 34hamwm.jpg]
Nauseous Gas failed because your monster was confused. It says "successfully executed," but it also says that when the move fails due to confusion. Meaning, you weren't cured, Bavante just hurt itself in its confusion.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
But if the move was successful, and the move's sole purpose is to cure ALL status problems, and the attacking monster did not re-confuse me, then I should not have stayed confused.  I would understand it if the move failed, but it did not. If I had used a 'confusion pill', the confusion would have been cured...I was under the impression that the move was supposed to work the same way....

(I get what you are saying about confusion status....it will say that a move is successful, but since the monster is confused, it will deal damage to itself instead. However, in this instance, the move being successful means that the status problem should be cured. Seems like a bit of a paradox....'the monster is confused - the monster uses a move to cure confusion - the move is successful to cure the confusion - but the monster is confused, so the successful move leaves the monster confused - WHAT!?)
it's saying you managed to use the move...hence the succesfully executed, but since the monster was confused the move failed and only dealt three damage to you instead of it's regular effect
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
I guess I'm just being stubborn about this, lol.  

To me, if the move worked, and the move is supposed to fix status problems, then the status problem should be fixed....

I don't see how it is any different than being frozen or paralyzed...if the move works, then those problems are resolved...
Okay, here is another thing I've noticed (and this has happened multiple times during various battles)....

When the npc's previous monster fainted and was switched out with this one, I was all of a sudden marked as having a 'bleeding' status problem.  But nowhere in the battle description does it say that a monster hit me with a bleeding status move....

[Image: 15d1cee.jpg]
Char02 both of the problems you mentioned should be fixed now

i did an update
wow lol char got some of alot of problems whereas i cant cross them lol
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Seems to be fine now...thx!
What about the double faint?
I don't have a screenshot, but this is how it went down-
Blazedillo vs. some ancient
I ko'd the ancient with meteor shower (no recoil) in 1 turn, but all of a sudden, blazedillo fainted.
It was as soon as the mpc sent out a new mon, no attacks. 
Blazedillo just- poof!
Fainted. :p
[Image: FeraligatrSig.png]
LIKE A BOSS

(2013-01-09, 12:32 AM)ShockZekrom Wrote: What about the double faint?
I don't have a screenshot, but this is how it went down-
Blazedillo vs. some ancient
I ko'd the ancient with meteor shower (no recoil) in 1 turn, but all of a sudden, blazedillo fainted.
It was as soon as the mpc sent out a new mon, no attacks. 
Blazedillo just- poof!
Fainted. :p

well it was not displaying the message properly

it should now
also finally started to code new settings page

[Image: settingsj.png]
Nice (: btw i meant to ask,when will rewards be given ? day of update,or like week or more later ?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2013-01-09, 03:10 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: Nice (: btw i meant to ask,when will rewards be given ? day of update,or like week or more later ?

after update
probably after things got settled Smile
ok,i meant to ask way sooner,but forgot,been caught up in exams ;-; lmao,but thanks for the info,
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
what kind of rewards?
(2013-01-09, 03:40 AM)Shadow11770 Wrote: what kind of rewards?

the rewards for naming event

also i may give special rewards who reported bugs that i fixed Smile

and other things that helped for development of test server
is there still npcs blocking paths at some place or no ?
isn't the description wrong  ?
it should rather say " randomly decrease 3 of enemy stats by 2 stages "

rather then saying  "randomly decrease 2 of enemy stats by 2 stages  "and then again saying " randomly decrease 1 of enemy stats by 2 stage"

[Image: 2hogu38.jpg]
The paths in Miner Town are still blocked by npc's....
there are more char thats why i was asking that they should block paths or not
(2013-01-09, 05:39 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: is there still npcs blocking paths at some place or no ?

yes there could be where paths are too narrow
but it should be rare

also that above move description correct

because it is stack of multiple effects
(2013-01-09, 07:14 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: it should rather say " randomly decrease 3 of enemy stats by 2 stages "
Randomly Decreases 3 stats by 2 stages:
Code chooses 3 random (Attack, Speed, Evasion) and decreases them by two.

Randomly decreases 2 stats by 2 stages ; Randomly decreases 1 stat by 2 stages:
Code chooses two random (Sp. Attack and Defense), then chooses another (can be anything, so there's a possibility of -4 stages) stat to decrease.
Constantly dying yet never dead
^ wait, so it can actually stack? Maybe it'll be better if it was specified in the description for clarity.
Other than this and other pervious comments, I don't see anymore errors... unless I explore even deeper.

I just figured out that it's my 600th post ;P
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
I dunno if it's my lag that enabled me to bypass the check, but I don't have 19 badges, nor am I a Super Donator, but I am rocking a Dark Arena Leader sprite XD
[Image: ewwow.png]

Also, Zach an I've already figured this but, just forgot to tell ya (Or... did I PM you about this?)
frenchbreadrobot had a concept (Amphatree)
[Image: tree_of_life_by_irofakemon-d4qqa2z.png][Image: bounce_by_irofakemon-d4y4hwy.png]
He drew (Yes, FBR is a boy) multiple poses, all of which is the same Monster. All is Amphatree. In game, we have the monster below:
[Image: 1168-Amphatreetwo.png] Whose name in the Monsterpedia is Amphatreetwo (Amphatree2)

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the monster above ^ is supposed to be named Amphatree, removing the "two"

By the way, in the end, FBR chose neither of the above designs, for he chose: (Guy on Left)
[Image: start_by_irofakemon-d4swiej.png]
(Plus its name is Toadee, not Amphatree, anymore at least.)
Constantly dying yet never dead