Monster MMORPG Game Official Forum » Official Forums » Forum Suggestions » User Groups-In need of graphics! Please submit buttons in thread!!
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
User Groups-In need of graphics! Please submit buttons in thread!!
Game mechanics section has 3 post. 4 never been posted topics. That is the area where new players would find answers im assuming. I don't see that being very helpful. You could even post at least a link in some of those things and people would find the information.

Blow off steam area's... domination overwhelming.

So how does the forums help people?

I looked through a lot of the stuff, looks like what you would see in most beta games, post bugs, glitches, add ideas stuff like that.

Looks back at game mechanics nothing.
Looks in ask a question... some of those could be answered in game mechanics but that section is beyond dead so no help.
See where im going? The forums do not help anyone that is new. Search feature is irrelevant in these cases.

Sigh.. I missed my point. If someone came on here to look for an answer and found it. They might return. They might see something else of interest. They might even post in one or both area's.

Bringing life to the forum is your goal, I think. Maybe some area's of neglect should be brought up to par.

People who get frustrated usually do not return and might even quit the game completely. I see that as a double whammy.
(2011-11-03, 10:17 PM)Snoozn Wrote: Game mechanics section has 3 post. 4 never been posted topics. That is the area where new players would find answers im assuming. I don't see that being very helpful. You could even post at least a link in some of those things and people would find the information.
or they could read the FAQs like most people.or how bout trainer tips?

Quote:Blow off steam area's... domination overwhelming.
again,like that on most forums.
Quote:So how does the forums help people?
By giving them the latest announcements about the game.people are working on PVP strategies/etc as the game develops.
Quote:I looked through a lot of the stuff, looks like what you would see in most beta games, post bugs, glitches, add ideas stuff like that.
Looks back at game mechanics nothing.
Looks in ask a question... some of those could be answered in game mechanics but that section is beyond dead so no help.
its also still beta.the game is developing.we have maybe ten hardcore people who play game and forum and understand wth they are talking about.
Quote:See where im going? The forums do not help anyone that is new. Search feature is irrelevant in these cases.
look in the right spots and you can find more info Dodgy

Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
If I want to know about game mechanics. Which I do. How was I looking in the wrong spot?

You sir are sidestepping issues brought forth with a cheesy answer. Please give it some thought. It might even help you out more than dismissing what is being said. You might even get a new idea to post about.

Your goal so far has made me double my post. So you have brought some life to the forums. I would love to stay and debate further, whoops thats one of your topics up there, sigh, but I have to go do some shopping.

Take care and good luck on your project.
I'll seal the deal. Since I helped come up with this, of course I support it.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
point A-truely, i have no idea why that section was even put in.The game is rather self explanetory,so why do we need to know abut mechanics?
B-you dont know me very well if you think i just sidestep stuff.
C-enjoy your shopping.
D-thank you.
E-any other supporters?
pmd to cefurkan.lets hope for the best.
(2011-11-03, 10:24 PM)Snoozn Wrote: If I want to know about game mechanics. Which I do. How was I looking in the wrong spot?

You sir are sidestepping issues brought forth with a cheesy answer. Please give it some thought. It might even help you out more than dismissing what is being said. You might even get a new idea to post about.

Your goal so far has made me double my post. So you have brought some life to the forums. I would love to stay and debate further, whoops thats one of your topics up there, sigh, but I have to go do some shopping.

Take care and good luck on your project.
You sir, Are trolling, and i am now going to report you.

CeFurkan Wrote:
dude you know there's people who can help you if you're having trouble with something about the game /forum

its not like people are just going to sit like bums and be lazy .-. think before you speak

Guider
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
Lucky 3 Super Mods didn't get on Snoozn's ignorance r.r
lol dei
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
hmm seems like a good idea but may be alot of work to do this
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
I don't really understand the Super Mods getting on me, or the trolling comment. The forums usually have a wealth of information about the game being played. That is my point. I gave the best example about the game mechanics, its very valid and true. If I was new and wanted to know the mechanics, there is nothing there. Being told to look in a different place when there is an entire section devoted to it, proves my point. Thank you.
Example from taking the advice of how I should go about looking for information.
Hey we have an entire unused section that could just explain how it works but nah, just ask a cm or someone who knows what it is. Or if that isn't good enough go over to this completely other section, and look under this other topic. That should do the trick. This is what is being told to me for my example. Really... really. There is an entire section of the forum for game mechanics. It has nothing.

Orbo points out a different forum, which he self claims to have a lot of users and is bigger than this forum. I am pointing out there isn't enough forum users to grant a bigger forum with all these extra options.

The ignorance comment is extremely uncalled for also. I should have the right to speak against an idea that I find would be unhelpful without having to hear a comment like that. That said, it was even a super moderator who made the comment. If I am of such ignorance please explain it in more detail the error of my ways.

Also Nitz I looked this up to talk about it.
Trolling refers to any behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else. It is often associated with online discussions where users are subjected to offensive or superfluous posts and messages in order to provoke a response.

I am in no way trying to intentionally anger or frustrate orbo. I am however pointing out different area's of how the forum can improve. The answers he gives are more examples of a different forum, which is not this one. They may be good examples but my entire point revolves around there not being enough people to support all the idea's that are going around.

This is the last I will post on the subject. I just do not like or support the idea in question. I explained why the best I could. For this I am having some questionable post against me about what it is I am talking about.

Orbo, I wish you the best of luck on your idea. I just wish you would consider the points I made with more thought than a grain of salt. Sometimes it takes someone speaking against a topic to help transform it into something that could overall be more helpful.
(2011-11-04, 01:19 AM)Snoozn Wrote: I don't really understand the Super Mods getting on me, or the trolling comment. The forums usually have a wealth of information about the game being played. That is my point. I gave the best example about the game mechanics, its very valid and true. If I was new and wanted to know the mechanics, there is nothing there. Being told to look in a different place when there is an entire section devoted to it, proves my point. Thank you.
Example from taking the advice of how I should go about looking for information.
Hey we have an entire unused section that could just explain how it works but nah, just ask a cm or someone who knows what it is. Or if that isn't good enough go over to this completely other section, and look under this other topic. That should do the trick. This is what is being told to me for my example. Really... really. There is an entire section of the forum for game mechanics. It has nothing.

Orbo points out a different forum, which he self claims to have a lot of users and is bigger than this forum. I am pointing out there isn't enough forum users to grant a bigger forum with all these extra options.

The ignorance comment is extremely uncalled for also. I should have the right to speak against an idea that I find would be unhelpful without having to hear a comment like that. That said, it was even a super moderator who made the comment. If I am of such ignorance please explain it in more detail the error of my ways.

Trolling refers to any behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else. It is often associated with online discussions where users are subjected to offensive or superfluous posts and messages in order to provoke a response.

I am in no way trying to intentionally anger or frustrate orbo. I am however pointing out different area's of how the forum can improve. The answers he gives are more examples of a different forum, which is not this one. They may be good examples but my entire point revolves around there not being enough people to support all the idea's that are going around.

This is the last I will post on the subject. I just do not like or support the idea in question. I explained why the best I could. For this I am having some questionable post against me about what it is I am talking about.

Orbo, I wish you the best of luck on your idea. I just wish you would consider the points I made with more thought than a grain of salt. Sometimes it takes someone speaking against a topic to help transform it into something that could overall be more helpful.
Actually Trolling is anything aggravating, intentional or not.

Now shut yourself off please and walk away, no one is caring. whether you have a point or not is irreverent, you choose to make it in the wrong way by openly challenging a figure of authority.

Therefore, everything you said is wrong. Keep things like this to PMs, where they belong, rather than lead to drama on the forums.

CeFurkan Wrote:
I dont get it :'D
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2011-11-03, 11:23 PM)Pein Wrote: hmm seems like a good idea but may be alot of work to do this
its more in the cloding..im sure if cefurkan empowered someone to do it the work would be alot easier..but that probs wont happen.

(2011-11-04, 01:19 AM)Snoozn Wrote: I don't really understand the Super Mods getting on me, or the trolling comment. The forums usually have a wealth of information about the game being played. That is my point. I gave the best example about the game mechanics, its very valid and true. If I was new and wanted to know the mechanics, there is nothing there. Being told to look in a different place when there is an entire section devoted to it, proves my point. Thank you.

thanks for the criticism,and for the luck wished.

(2011-11-04, 03:34 AM)Ghost Wrote: I dont get it :'D
whats not to get ._.

Cefurkam said he has other priorities before this,but didnt turn it down.
This is orboknown on his alt.
oh ok orb

Credits to SparrowHawk
Oi,people! im asking all of you to come up with any other groups we could add. all you need to do is come up with a definitive category and if you want to,an icon and/or colored name for that group.
EXP-Researcher.
people like dei,guider and lamb who are doing work on how to best utilize the games functions like PVP.

Okay, before I state my opinions on the suggestion, I would like to address a few things. I am not liking how you guys are responding to Snoozn and his opinions on the suggestion, specifically orboknown, Guider, and Nitz_X. Well, orboknown is at least directly responding to Snoozn's points, but Guider and Nitz_X, the way you two are acting is really making me frustrated. Guider, that comment was absolutely uncalled for, and you could have at least said that in some better terms. Nitz_X, your comment about Snoozn trolling makes no sense whatsoever and I am appalled that no one challenged you about that. Clearly, you do not understand what the term trolling means. Snoozn provided the correct definition for trolling, while you went and made up your own definition, and then you announced that you were going to report Snoozn based on your definition of trolling. This is ridiculous. If your definition was correct, then the majority of the users on this forum would be banned. If trolling is "anything aggravating," then you're saying that basically everyone is trolling, because people can take things different ways. For example, let's say some user made some comments that I disagreed with, and then I get aggravated because I disagree with that user so strongly. Based on your definition, I can go and get that user banned for trolling. This is incorrect. Your definition is invalid, and Snoozn's definition is correct. I have this bad feeling that you guys are looking at Snoozn's post count when you are considering his opinions. If someone like Deidara made those same comments, then you all would probably agree with him, simply because of his post count and his status on the forums. This is not correct. I hope that my bad feeling is wrong, but I don't think it is.

About Snoozn's comments, I agree with some of them and disagree with others. I don't agree that this forum should be condensed, because I actually like how it is at the moment, with all the categories. It seems like everything has a place, which is good. However, I do agree that it is difficult to find things you are looking for. Also, I agree that the Game Mechanics section is ridiculous. It seems that no one has any idea what that section is doing there. I remember asking some questions about that section before, and some people just told that it was going to be taken care of by some other Super Moderators. That was over a month ago, I think, and little to nothing has changed in that section in that amount of time. I posted in the Monsters section and started getting people to write analyses on each of the Monsters, but now there is another section for that. Honestly, the Game Mechanics section should be contributed to or it should be removed completely, because right now players seem to go there to find some answers to their questions, but then they don't find anything. In addition, I think that to minimize the amount of confusion by new players coming to the forum, there should be a message or something at the top for any guests that enter the forum. That message could contain some links to places where new players might want to go to, like places to report bugs, places to give suggestions, and the FAQ. That's a separate suggestion though, so I may create a new thread about that.

Now, about the actual suggestion. I am in favor of this suggestion, because I think that it would give recognition to the people who deserve recognition. I disagree with Snoozn on how it would divide our community, because I think that it would actually give people an incentive to post more intelligently and contribute more to the forum. I think that it would enhance the forum significantly.
(2011-11-12, 07:03 PM)Lamb Wrote: Okay, before I state my opinions on the suggestion, I would like to address a few things. I am not liking how you guys are responding to Snoozn and his opinions on the suggestion, specifically orboknown, Guider, and Nitz_X. Well, orboknown is at least directly responding to Snoozn's points, but Guider and Nitz_X, the way you two are acting is really making me frustrated. Guider, that comment was absolutely uncalled for, and you could have at least said that in some better terms. Nitz_X, your comment about Snoozn trolling makes no sense whatsoever and I am appalled that no one challenged you about that. Clearly, you do not understand what the term trolling means. Snoozn provided the correct definition for trolling, while you went and made up your own definition, and then you announced that you were going to report Snoozn based on your definition of trolling. This is ridiculous. If your definition was correct, then the majority of the users on this forum would be banned. If trolling is "anything aggravating," then you're saying that basically everyone is trolling, because people can take things different ways. For example, let's say some user made some comments that I disagreed with, and then I get aggravated because I disagree with that user so strongly. Based on your definition, I can go and get that user banned for trolling. This is incorrect. Your definition is invalid, and Snoozn's definition is correct. I have this bad feeling that you guys are looking at Snoozn's post count when you are considering his opinions. If someone like Deidara made those same comments, then you all would probably agree with him, simply because of his post count and his status on the forums. This is not correct. I hope that my bad feeling is wrong, but I don't think it is.
I think i would disagree with dei,simply because ihave done so in the past. And when nitz reported the post, I marked it as being read,thus preventing any mark against snoozn.
Quote:Also, I agree that the Game Mechanics section is ridiculous. It seems that no one has any idea what that section is doing there. I remember asking some questions about that section before, and some people just told that it was going to be taken care of by some other Super Moderators. That was over a month ago, I think, and little to nothing has changed in that section in that amount of time. I posted in the Monsters section and started getting people to write analyses on each of the Monsters, but now there is another section for that. Honestly, the Game Mechanics section should be contributed to or it should be removed completely, because right now players seem to go there to find some answers to their questions, but then they don't find anything.
Blame dei for adding that. I was never notified of your point about the mechanics section.
Quote: In addition, I think that to minimize the amount of confusion by new players coming to the forum, there should be a message or something at the top for any guests that enter the forum. That message could contain some links to places where new players might want to go to, like places to report bugs, places to give suggestions, and the FAQ. That's a separate suggestion though, so I may create a new thread about that.
I'd support this.

Quote:Now, about the actual suggestion. I am in favor of this suggestion, because I think that it would give recognition to the people who deserve recognition. I disagree with Snoozn on how it would divide our community, because I think that it would actually give people an incentive to post more intelligently and contribute more to the forum. I think that it would enhance the forum significantly.
Thank you lamb.

(2011-11-14, 05:41 PM)orboknown Wrote:
Quote:Also, I agree that the Game Mechanics section is ridiculous. It seems that no one has any idea what that section is doing there. I remember asking some questions about that section before, and some people just told that it was going to be taken care of by some other Super Moderators. That was over a month ago, I think, and little to nothing has changed in that section in that amount of time. I posted in the Monsters section and started getting people to write analyses on each of the Monsters, but now there is another section for that. Honestly, the Game Mechanics section should be contributed to or it should be removed completely, because right now players seem to go there to find some answers to their questions, but then they don't find anything.
Blame dei for adding that. I was never notified of your point about the mechanics section.
Don't blame me. It was already in the forum and I thought CeFurkan had use for it since it was in the forum before I made a new structure.

Never saw it before then.
Whatever Orb.
https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-S...s-addendum
this is a sort of addendum to this idea,but i gave it its own separate thread for its importance to all users.
(2011-11-14, 05:41 PM)orboknown Wrote: I think i would disagree with dei,simply because ihave done so in the past. And when nitz reported the post, I marked it as being read,thus preventing any mark against snoozn.

Okay, good.

Quote:Blame dei for adding that. I was never notified of your point about the mechanics section.

There was a lot of confusion when I first asked about it in this thread. A lot of users still have no idea what the Game Mechanics section is there for.
new class-
Donater
basically a little way to show on the forum who donators are.
dk what icon if any, and a shade of name like they have in game.(for donation level)
colour should be depending on the status of donator(mega super regular)

Credits to SparrowHawk
true true.
and update op with all of the new ideas you have

Credits to SparrowHawk
which isnt very many yet cuz noone has posted any besides me.