Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things New Players Should Know
I realize there are many places noobs can go to learn. But This is just a list and personal link for myself so I can link these players to what I think they should learn off the bat to become better.

1) Buttons.
In the bottom left of your screen, or in chat. You can click on the map icon, or the yellow text next to your name, telling you the zone that your in to bring up a map. This map is EXTREMELY helpful in telling you what types of monsters are out there, and also what TP (Trainer points) are given for killing a monster of each type.

2) TRAINER POINTS
What are trainer points? Well, they are points that you get for killing monsters, or you can buy nutrition pills from the shop. Nutrition pills can boost your trainer points by 200 points in a skill, but no higher .You can add 200 points to different skills, but you cannot add more than 200 points in a single type of attribute by pills...which means you need to go kill stuff.

Also, you can degrade your TP in other attributes you do not want to have TP points in. Such as if your monster uses physical type attacks, you may not want to have spatk TP points. So you can buy the degrade TP point items in shop as well to take out unwanted TP.

You may have a total of 400 TP in a single attribute. But you may only have a maximum of 799 TP overall.

Why are trainer points important you may ask? They boost
your attributes immensely. About 4 trainer points = 1 real stat point on
your monster. So if you want your monster to have a lot of health, you
can put 400 trainer points into his health TP spot and he will gain 100+
health.

3) UV's
UV's are unique values. Every monster you have will have a different set of UV's. These UV's Boost those attributes by 1 point per UV. You want to make sure that your monster has good UV's in the type of damage it will be doing, or the type of tanking, walling, or soaking up damage with defense it should be having. You cannot alter uvs by regular methods, so...whatever the UVs are, they will stay there.

4) Natures
Natures are the most important aspect of the game when finding monsters. You can find a list of the natures each monster may have by visiting this link: https://www.monstermmorpg.com/Natures.htm

Each nature has different attributes it may alter. 1 point in a nature refers to a 10% gain or decrease in that stat.

So, for instance, trembling nature, has +6 to attack, speed, and health. This means your monster will have lots of first hits, lots of damage, and lots of health.

However....trembling nature also carries -6 to defenses and special attack. This means that your monster will not take hits very well, and may die very quickly, and also will not do very well by using special attack type of moves.

6) Monster Types
This is personally the best part of the game for me. Monsters have types depending on rarity. The rarity of a monster correlates to how good it will be all around in battle. A regular monster, does not have nearly as good of stats as say a emissary would.

On the map that you are on, (click the button I told you about in the first part of this forum topic): You will see next to the monsters listed, what type they are. If they are regular, superior, emissary,zenith or legendary.

In order of rarity on the map it goes:
Regular:
Superior: Not bad for new players to use...
Emissary: These are the types new players should try and find with good stats and natures
Zenith: Level these up if you find one as a new player, no matter the nature, it will be semi good.
Legendary:
Ancient(not added in yet):

You can then search for these types of monsters on your map by looking under what category of the map they are listed on, and how to catch or find them. You may need to use items such as monster player, monster radar, or different types of nets to find the monster you want.

Zeniths usually award 10,000 - 80,000 experience per kill (or capture), and gold.

Legendary monsters also provide LOTS of experience if you kill or capture them, and they provide sometimes over 100,000 gold.

GOOD LUCK and good hunting.

Another one?!/
maybe i should just make a newbie guide thread and merge all these.
nice job bro
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Yea i just hate having to look for someones guide, and when someone asks about the game, I just wanted something I knew to look for to link them
snoozns guide even got sticked lol. but thanks for this.
He is welcome, or you are, to take any of this information here, and add it to wherever you need. I dont mind at all.
i will ponder this.
/bump for newbies. I noticed it goes straight to six after four.
good info
thanks man good guide.
hmmm it helps me too lol
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
It does help... but needs to be updated
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
the guy is no playing much these days
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]