Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys! I'm sure most of you have heard that today The Hunger Games movie came out! I'm SO excited for this, I'm watching it tonight with my older brother and my father. I'm a huge fan of The Hunger Games series and I can't wait. My friend went to the midnight showing and he said that it was really good, so yeah. How many of you guys have watched it already? If you have, how was it? If you haven't, when are you going to watch it? Are you excited? I certainly am!

Well, post away!
I read the first book, absolutely loved it. I only made it up to the 4th chapter in the second book but then I stopped reading because people kept distracting me =.=

I might see it Saturday or Sunday :3 I'm hoping that it is as great as the book. I am looking forward to the movie.

I highly recommend reading the entire series. It's well worth it. I'll probably post here about how it was after I watch the movie.
what is the whole series about? I've seen the commercials and I have never even heard of the book O_O can any one explain?
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
Erp... I can't explain it exactly.

Am I the only one here of the opinion, that the first book was the best, and that the 3rd kinda sucked? Mockingjay didn't have that much of a draw to me compared with Catching Fire and the Hunger Games honestly...

Though I'm going to the movie sometimes next week with friends. Big Grin
@ Amaterasu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

I can not wait until I find someone to go see it with. I really want to see it!!
(2012-03-23, 10:29 PM)Amaterasu Wrote: what is the whole series about? I've seen the commercials and I have never even heard of the book O_O can any one explain?

Well, I can't tell you what the WHOLE series is about, but I can tell you a basic background of the story. The books are based in a dystopian future land where North American is now, and the land is divided into 12 Districts (which are basically like states in the U.S.). In the middle of the Districts there is a wealthy city called the Capitol, and it basically controls what goes on throughout the land. The Hunger Games is an event which takes place every year in which one boy and one girl from the ages of 12 to 18 gets picked from each nation and sent to an arena where they are forced to fight to the death until one winner remains. This is to remind the people of some revolts that happened a long time ago when there were 13 Districts and they all revolted against the Capitol. The Capitol completely destroyed the 13th District and then won the war against the other Districts. Then, they decided to implement the Hunger Games to remind the people of the revolts and what will happen if they try to revolt again.

(2012-03-23, 11:57 PM)Dawn Wrote: Erp... I can't explain it exactly.

Am I the only one here of the opinion, that the first book was the best, and that the 3rd kinda sucked? Mockingjay didn't have that much of a draw to me compared with Catching Fire and the Hunger Games honestly...

Though I'm going to the movie sometimes next week with friends. Big Grin

I don't know, I kind of liked all of them the same. They all were extremely well-developed books.

Anyway, so I watched the movie last night and it was AWESOME. I liked how the movie stayed with the book basically throughout the whole thing, and the way everything was presented was great. However, the beginning and the end were awfully rushed and I felt a significant difference in the mood in the movie compared with the mood in the book. In the book, I could get that sense of resistance and revolt, and, when the Hunger Games start, I actually hoped that everyone would refuse to fight and they would all just stand there. In the movie however, I just felt like I wanted Katniss to kill everyone and be the winner. That's one major difference between the book and the movie. Though, everything else was really good. The long wait in the line before the movie started was definitely worth it.
oh yeah,it came out on what tuesday?i forgot about it, and im going to watch it when they are selling the tickets again.9they sold out,lol) Big Grin
It came out on Friday, the 23rd.
I'm gonna see it tomorrow :3

No spoilers :<

Double posting - Bump - Will merge posts once someone else posts something relevant to topic.

I saw the movie and honestly, I liked the book much much better.
Well yes, I also enjoyed the book better, but the books are always better than their movies. It was a good movie though right?
I thought there would be more action in the movie. It kinda lacked, imo.

I do not remember the "beasts" in the movie from the book.
Like i said, books always better than movies because movies differ from the books
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
yea i agree they r always alot different
[Image: 277851-vegeta_vs_goku.jpg]

(2012-03-26, 06:46 PM)Kamidara Wrote: I thought there would be more action in the movie. It kinda lacked, imo.

I do not remember the "beasts" in the movie from the book.

The reason why there wasn't that much action in the movie was because almost all of the potential action scenes that could take place would include the death of someone or some people. I believe that they wanted to keep the movie as PG-13 as possible, because then it would be in the age range of the target audience of the book series. If they included those action scenes then they would have been forced to make it rated R, and that would not allow a large majority of The Hunger Games fan base to watch the movie. The "beasts" were the muttations, and they were definitely in the book.

Also, while I understand that the book was a lot better than the movie, I really enjoyed the movie this time because it basically went completely along with the plot of the book. There really weren't that many major differences.
I must read the book again '-'
I thought it was amazing. Was a bit disappointed with the flame dress on ther chariot. However the red dress was AMAZING.
I just watched it yesterday, I thought it was pretty good. I liked Katniss, but I have to admit, whats with all the weird names. Katniss, Peeta,
Haymitch ....you get the point.
The trouble with this movie is that I'm old enough to have seen many of its antecedents. So before The Truman Show, which is essentially the same idea as The Hunger Games, we have Battle Royale, The Running Man and of course, Rollerball. They all deal with mass entertainment in a dystopian future society and they all have their flaws.
the movie sucked but the books were good
pm me if you have questions
-bobbob123
yeah im agreeing with bobbob it had a charictor that did not exsists and made her give katniss the pendant