Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Jobs, Apple co-founder, dies at 56
Apple's website announces the sad news that Apple co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs has passed away. Jobs was 56 years old, and had been struggling with complications related to pancreatic cancer over the past several years. Apple leaves the following message on their website in tribute to Jobs:

Apple Wrote:Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

Steve Jobs, billionaire co-founder of Apple and the mastermind behind an empire of products that revolutionised computing, telephony and the music industry, has died in California at the age of 56.

[Image: 4.jpg]

Jobs stepped down in August as chief executive of the company he helped set up in 1976, citing illness. He had been battling an unusual form of pancreatic cancer, and had received a liver transplant in 2009. Jobs wrote in his letter of resignation: "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come."

Apple released a statement paying tribute: "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives … The world is immeasurably better because of Steve." Bill Gates, the former chief executive of Microsoft, said in a statement that he was "truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs's death". He added: "The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. "For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honour. I will miss Steve immensely."

He is survived by his wife, Laurene, and four children. In a statement his family said Jobs "died peacefully today surrounded by his family … We know many of you will mourn with us, and we ask that you respect our privacy during our time of grief". Jobs was one of the pioneers of Silicon Valley and helped establish the region's claim as the global centre of technology. He founded Apple with his childhood friend Steve Wozniak, and the two marketed what was considered the world's first personal computer, the Apple II. He was ousted in a bitter boardroom battle in 1985, a move that he later claimed was the best thing that could have happened to him. Jobs went on to buy Pixar, the company behind some of the biggest animated hits in cinema history including Toy Story, Cars and Finding Nemo.

[Image: Steve_Jobs.jpg]

He returned to Apple 11 years later when it was being written off by rivals. What followed was one of the most remarkable comebacks in business history. Apple was briefly the most valuable company in the world earlier this year, knocking oil giant Exxon Mobil off the top spot. The company produces $65.2bn a year in revenue compared with $7.1bn in its business year ending September 1997. Starting with his brightly coloured iMacs, Jobs went on to launch hit after hit transformed personal computing. Then came the success of the iPod, which revolutionised the music industry, leading to a collapse in CD sales and making Jobs one of the most powerful voices in an industry he loved.

His firm was named in homage to the Beatles' record label, Apple. But the borrowing was permitted on the basis that the computing firm would stay out of music. After the success of the iPod the two Apples became engaged in a lengthy legal battle which finally ended last year when the Beatles allowed iTunes to start selling their back catalogue. Jobs's remarkable capacity to spot what people wanted next came without the aid of market research or focus groups. "For something this complicated, it's really hard to design products by focus groups," he once said. "A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."

Jobs initially hid his illness but his startling weight loss started to unnerve his investors. He took a six-month medical leave of absence in 2009, during which he received a liver transplant, and another medical leave of absence in mid-January before stepping down as chief executive in August. Jobs leaves an estimated $8.3bn, but he often dismissed others' interest in his wealth. "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful … that's what matters to me."

https://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/vi...pple-video

Article copied from: https://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20...under-dies

RIP
[Image: ngynt3.png]
This is such a tragedy. I had been channel surfing when I saw his face on screen. I thought nothing of it at first. Then, when I was flipping back through the channels, I saw "Apple Founder Steve Jobs died." I was like, "Wait, that can't have happened." Then I watched, and saw that it was indeed true...
[Image: greyvodo.png]
This is a sad day for technology lovers
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
They Took Our JOBS!!
[Image: 33db1vm.png]
really bad pun^
Now all the new iPods are gonna suck... R.I.P. Steve
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2011-10-06, 05:01 PM)Ghost Wrote: Now all the new iPods are gonna suck... R.I.P. Steve
Not really. He wasn't the only1 working at them, the whole company was working along with him.

I guess the crew will manage to get cool new iPods.
im content with my ipod touch for quite awhile.
;-;

Steve has entered a better home. He will now make the Heaven Touch for Angels.

*slaps Cancer* I say! I say you get outta here!!

*Old man voice* Get off my lawn :<

Baka Cancer r.r Taking our Steve Jobs away from us. The Apple lovers.
random,yet somehow fitting.
Eh, I saw this on EQD last night.

Farewell person, I hardly knew thee... Actually I didn't know you even worked on Ipods until I saw the story in m newspaper (EQD) lol.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
apple CEO.apple makes ipods.DUR Tongue
I don't know anyone that works on Ipods >.<

Now I only know 1 person Big Grin Steve Jobs.

The man with a lot of jobs Big Grin

He made my Ipod Touch Smile My dad bought it and gave it to me some large time span later. Lol
Stupid comment on a commemorial video posted on YouTube for Steve Jobs:

Bai! Thanks for my iPod Touch!

Uhmm.. yeah...? lol
(2011-10-06, 07:41 PM)rock gyo Wrote: Stupid comment on a commemorial video posted on YouTube for Steve Jobs:

Bai! Thanks for my iPod Touch!

Uhmm.. yeah...? lol
That's not stupid. That's just.. beep up '-'

Give me link please Smile
Left it behind, I don't know the link. *whistle*

Search on YouTube for commemorial videos. Browse through the pages of comments and you will find it. Tongue

I said it's stupid in a funny way, not offensive way. It's hilarious. ^-^
Well, I guess we will all miss this guy then.
CeFurkan Wrote:
theres this weird thing that happend this morning at my school every mac computer we had wasnt turning on for like 4 hours every 1 kept trying to turn it on with the power they got the computer guy of our school and it was still going on o.o RIP Steve Jobs
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
i heard about this on po last night though i didn't even know much of Apple this is a great tragedy . to lose someone like this...it's just...unbelievable.
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
This guy was going to die though right? it wasnt like a shock that death finally took him.
CeFurkan Wrote:
ya he saw it coming himself its the reason why he stepped down
quite sad that he died so soon let his soul r.i.p
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
I have a Apple computer myself. Its a good computer. Just can't download stuff like Pokemon Online, Pokemon Cyrus, Runescape, The worst of all, you cant download firefox update.
[Image: 28chlsh.png]
Ty rollie for sig!
why need the new firefox if you have safari?
UPDATE

The Infamous Westboro Baptist Church Will Be protesting the Steve Jobs Funeral.

(I happen to live about 30 minutes from that church btw, just an fyi)

DISCUSS.
CeFurkan Wrote:
ok but why are they
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
Pein, They protest people laying soldiers to rest.

They don't need a reason. they harass families that lose sons and daughters at war, and call it gods work.
CeFurkan Wrote:
they are crazies they believe that the creation of the Iphone is a sin -.- and on top of that they tweeted that they were going to protest his funeral off an iphone the irony?
(2011-10-08, 12:29 AM)Dark_Flamez Wrote: they are crazies they believe that the creation of the Iphone is a sin -.- and on top of that they tweeted that they were going to protest his funeral off an iphone the irony?
Exactly.
CeFurkan Wrote:
that is just crazy.the guy is the only reason microsoft isnt a monopoly in the computer industry LOL