Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SkyRock's Sprite "Art"
I restarted spriting, trying to go with WesleyFG (The one who made both the maps... AND the NPCs) style of spriting.

Saber and Zoron, both from Biohazard:
[Image: SaberSprite-1.png] [Image: ZoronSprite-1.png]

EDIT: Dime turned up... couldn't make him well, he's terrible :/
[Image: DimeSprite.png]
12/27/12 - Around 10 PM my time
Artas, the Guardian of Goran:
[Image: ArtasSprite_zps8ea14720.png]
12/28/12 - 12 PM My time:
Here's Droll!
[Image: Droll_zps274321d5.png]
12/28/12 - 4:30 PM :
Spire, the Guardian of Sine:
[Image: SpireSprite_zpsf46af433.png]
12/28/12 - 9:30 PM :
Ragoz, the short-lived Guardian of Nightheart ; Sir Turtle for Ghost
[Image: RagozSprite_zpse48d52e5.png][Image: Turtle_zpsb1aad1d7.png]
12/29/12 - 12:10 AM :
Heinside, the Guardian of Karganz. He's really tall, about 6'8" , tallest among the Guardians.
[Image: HeinsideSprite_zpsb29d9203.png]

And the Guardians:
[Image: 7Guardians_zps5234f14c.png]

12/29/12 - 4:40 PM
Icy's fox girl:
[Image: Foxfire_zps8421a9ae.png]

1/17/13 - 5:47 PM
Might've messed this one up, but Axel: 
[Image: AxelSprite_zps5c882fb6.png]
Constantly dying yet never dead
Bump, Any comments? I received lots of comments how purple messed up Zoron :/
I like the Dime guy :3
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
wow,very nice rain Big Grin,keep up th good work,and don't worry about what people said Tongue,i like all of em
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
that is quite nice :3 in the moost literal way you can ask me. dime looks good, just some polishing needed though Big Grin
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
very nice keep up the good work
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Thanks, I'll make Spire soon and then Heinside... then maybe a random request? (First request in the thread gets to the list :3)
A turtle man.

You're welcome.

Bump! Comments, anyone?
After this experience, I recall making the Superior Six? Yeah, I can start making those again Tongue
Droll added:
[Image: Droll_zps274321d5.png]
wow your good 0.0 #officialFan
best work so far :3
It was upsized, so I had room for more details... Thanks everyone Big Grin
Next in line is Spire
Spire is added, check the OP Big Grin
[Image: Tutorial_zps1ec23752.png]

This is basically how I do it:
1. Get different colors for the body structures. My main defaults are: Blue (Head), Red (Body/ Any extra features), Orange (Arms), Green (Legs)

2. Get the color palette for the head. I used the same color for one of my Superior Six back then. For the hair color, I used a sprite that I saw at a gameplay tutorial at YT.

3. Design the hairstyle. I went with a purple pencil and smoothened it out with the eraser (Note: This is MS Paint).

4. Colorize the head. For the hair, to add a "depth" effect, I took a color that is barely (An I MEAN barely!) darker than the main color, but dark enough to be noticeable. Use it to dab around the shadow areas, to make it look like it went from this shade to this shade, but without making it look too blocky. For the face, darken the things that overlap (hair, nose, mouth) and make the ears. I also gave him a small beard, which was in a bad coloration.

5. The body is exactly like the head coloring. I used a palette from Rock Lee, because I was drifted away and nearly made him a martial artist. Do the Depth trick again to make it look wavy and natural, not a straight, evened out shirt. I made a sash with the same Depth effect, but this time, I used it to make a barely lighter tone. As you can see, the beard changed color. The first one was too pale.

6. The hands are always tricky, and if you can see, those are two right hands. I just start with a proportionate circle, shape it out, then color it. The boomerang is his primary weapon, it was basically two curved lines with smaller curved lines to connect them.

7. Attached the hands and gave some edits to how the left hand looked, because it was a right hand earlier.

8. I gave him some underwear (which is useless, BTW. It was just a goof-off) and the main palette for the pants.

9. Finally, the pants. I went with a baggy pair, instead of my original plan of a straightened out pair of jeans. I also made the pants tucked into the boots, which made him look even more like a military commander. Use the same "Depth trick" for the upper area of the pants. From his knees down, make it a shadowed area. Around the tip, make a criss-cross pattern (You can see it better in the attachment) to make the more exposed parts look like they receive light. For the boots, I took a generic pair of boots, gave it some shadows and that's it.

Little tutorial by yours truly, download the attachment, if you like.

Thumbnail(s)

Into addition: Ragoz (Who was terrible) and Sir Turtle for Ghost :3
[Image: RagozSprite_zpsc9614800.png] [Image: Turtle_zpsb1aad1d7.png]
ragoz.. so EWWWWWWWWWWWWW
sir turtle is cute and will pawn everybody
(2012-12-28, 01:48 PM)fjkulit Wrote: ragoz.. so EWWWWWWWWWWWWW
sir turtle is cute and will pawn everybody
Ragoz's aura wasn't that terrible earlier... I removed it, now what? (PS, Ragoz is a purple monster... so he's not gonna be good lookin')
yuck. plain yuck
Glad it disgusts people because I made him that way Big Grin
Heinside is the last Guardian, the blue-haired braniac...
Sir Turtle made me cry. He's so amazing.
[Image: FeraligatrSig.png]
LIKE A BOSS

So I was making Heinside... and I just noticed that I made a near-perfect hand... It was an accident :3
[Image: PerfectHand_zps4e643d9b.png]

And Here's Heinside:
[Image: HeinsideSprite_zpsb29d9203.png]

And Finally : The & Guardians completed -
[Image: 7Guardians_zps5234f14c.png]
12/29/12 - 5 PM
Request from icyaquapiplup:
DAT TURTLE! MY GOODNESS I WAN IT!

You're welcome.

Bump, aside from Ghost, I shall take another request! (If possible, make it non-human)
Sir Turtle is now my avatar :3
Draw a girl with fox ears and a fox tail. Her hair is scarlet. She wears a white robe with strange red markings on some parts of it. And she wears purple-ish gloves too. One more thing! She wears shoes that has Kid Flash on them are sky blue-ish. I believe that is all o3o
[Image: 2vkani9.jpg]
Small words FTW 8D
(2012-12-28, 08:54 AM)Rock127 Wrote: Spire is added, check the OP Big Grin
[Image: Tutorial_zps1ec23752.png]

This is basically how I do it:
1. Get different colors for the body structures. My main defaults are: Blue (Head), Red (Body/ Any extra features), Orange (Arms), Green (Legs)

2. Get the color palette for the head. I used the same color for one of my Superior Six back then. For the hair color, I used a sprite that I saw at a gameplay tutorial at YT.

3. Design the hairstyle. I went with a purple pencil and smoothened it out with the eraser (Note: This is MS Paint).

4. Colorize the head. For the hair, to add a "depth" effect, I took a color that is barely (An I MEAN barely!) darker than the main color, but dark enough to be noticeable. Use it to dab around the shadow areas, to make it look like it went from this shade to this shade, but without making it look too blocky. For the face, darken the things that overlap (hair, nose, mouth) and make the ears. I also gave him a small beard, which was in a bad coloration.

5. The body is exactly like the head coloring. I used a palette from Rock Lee, because I was drifted away and nearly made him a martial artist. Do the Depth trick again to make it look wavy and natural, not a straight, evened out shirt. I made a sash with the same Depth effect, but this time, I used it to make a barely lighter tone. As you can see, the beard changed color. The first one was too pale.

6. The hands are always tricky, and if you can see, those are two right hands. I just start with a proportionate circle, shape it out, then color it. The boomerang is his primary weapon, it was basically two curved lines with smaller curved lines to connect them.

7. Attached the hands and gave some edits to how the left hand looked, because it was a right hand earlier.

8. I gave him some underwear (which is useless, BTW. It was just a goof-off) and the main palette for the pants.

9. Finally, the pants. I went with a baggy pair, instead of my original plan of a straightened out pair of jeans. I also made the pants tucked into the boots, which made him look even more like a military commander. Use the same "Depth trick" for the upper area of the pants. From his knees down, make it a shadowed area. Around the tip, make a criss-cross pattern (You can see it better in the attachment) to make the more exposed parts look like they receive light. For the boots, I took a generic pair of boots, gave it some shadows and that's it.

Little tutorial by yours truly, download the attachment, if you like.
yes !!!!! Big Grin
(2012-12-29, 02:56 AM)icyaquapiplup Wrote: Draw a girl with fox ears and a fox tail. Her hair is scarlet. She wears a white robe with strange red markings on some parts of it. And she wears purple-ish gloves too. One more thing! She wears shoes that has Kid Flash on them are sky blue-ish. I believe that is all o3o
Basicly, give her Ahri.

You're welcome.

(2012-12-29, 03:44 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 02:56 AM)icyaquapiplup Wrote: Draw a girl with fox ears and a fox tail. Her hair is scarlet. She wears a white robe with strange red markings on some parts of it. And she wears purple-ish gloves too. One more thing! She wears shoes that has Kid Flash on them are sky blue-ish. I believe that is all o3o
Basicly, give her Ahri.
Sure why not ._.
Small words FTW 8D
Basicly, give her Ahri.
One-tailed Ahri with gloves and a day at the hair parlor, coming right up!
Oh, what the heck, it's here already Tongue

I think I messed up the feet. I forgot about shoes, so her foot is... rounded.
nice O:
(2012-12-29, 08:43 AM)Rock127 Wrote:
Basicly, give her Ahri.
One-tailed Ahri with gloves and a day at the hair parlor, coming right up!
Oh, what the heck, it's here already Tongue

I think I messed up the feet. I forgot about shoes, so her foot is... rounded.
It's adorable! I love it! :'3
Small words FTW 8D