Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
See for yourself o.0
Idea.... You should not be able to buy a monster in bazaar at a higher level than any monster you already have...so lets say you have a lv.10 starter....you just started the game...you would not be able to buy Any monster higher than level 10 o.0 **Don't know how that could be implemented...but people would stay interested in the game a bit longer if they didn't have immediate access to stronger monsters...**

Obtaining/Posting monsters in bazaar/trade...you could link it to the highest lvled monster ranking...that means they couldnt buy anything the first day...and each day the limit of what they could buy the next day increases...as they level up their monster(s)...or...you could link it to their starter monster...as their starter levels up so will their limit..

'sundance93 on Wrote:I still think it would be good to have a little more leeway though. For example, as I said before perhaps being able to buy mons as high as 5 levels above your starter. Which, in essence, makes it good for everyone. Because it still give speeders the room to go quickly but not so quickly that they are "cheating"...

P.S. this suggestion if implemented would put the focus on training what monsters you have in order to be able to buy stronger monsters...that way you are not able to buy monsters that you have NO chance of obtaining for yourself

Example(s)

Your strongest monsters are all lv20s.. you save up the money to buy a lv60 engiron *either by voting or defeating/selling monsters* BAD
Explanation: You would have no chance whatsoever of catching this monster if you were to find it in the wild *ultimate box excluded of course*

Your strongest monster is lv61..you save up the money to buy a lv60 engiron *either by voting or defeating/selling monsters* GOOD
Explanation: You would have a chance of catching this monster if you were to find it in the wild *ultimate box still excluded*

P.P.S. This entire suggestion is based around the following idea "In order to get stronger monsters you should have to work for them..."
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
mmm... idk. eather how cefurkan can do this but i like the idea.... because : when cefurkan has added the sages... than you can buy a lvl 80 monster from the bazaar or another lvl and than you can beat al the sages with 1 blow ... and the fact that the game is going to be a little boring is a point to... so when you're going to make a list of supporters.. than add me :)
[Image: 33bo7zc.png]
My sprite
Actualy needs black bg
No point in adding supporters until it is fully thrashed out...but thanks i'll keep you in mind Tongue
Well, this game is supposed to be a challenge after all. There has to be limitations to keep that challenging status.

I like it. It makes reaching level 100 all the more important.

Here is my question : What about trades?
I'm not sure if you can limit trades unless there's a block saying that you need - examples -

1. A certain level of a monster before trading such as "You need a level 60 monster in order to trade."

or

2. You need at least 4 gems to be allowed to trade.
i like the idea of you need a gem to be able to trade.
So, it's basically either you have it to get it or you can't get it because you don't have it.

I support this idea
I support this will make the game more of a challenge
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
I think that the game is more about end-game.... Once you get to North Pidgeon City, then the game really starts but I guess this could help to make the game more interesting.

I am not sure where I stand on this but I do like the idea.
[Image: image]
I approve..... thought UncleFishLung said nd game is where it starts.... i find it the other way around....i find it more boring when main game ends as it ruins the 'adventure'
[Image: 33db1vm.png]
I approve of this
Please remember that we are going to get new maps and plenty of suggestions and new features are going to be added.

So, ignore the current maps and think more about the future. Before anything new is added such as player's suggestions, we are going to get the new maps and new monsters to withstand those suggestions.

Game is being re-coded, more around the summer.

Also, this is suggestion is in development. You are not supposed to support yet because it's not fully developed. If it was fully developed, it would be in the In-Game Suggestions section.

When Quanto logs on again and views this thread, he'll post any new ideas he thinks of, with the addition of reading other member's posts.

I approve of this 100%
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
Double thumbs with a cherry on top
Constantly dying yet never dead
I appreciate all of yall supporting but I was really looking for the type of material kamidara posted...you know...refinements to the idea...how it could be changed to make it better/ways to implement it?...anyways like the gem requirement for trading...cant offer on or post monsters for trade...like it could be if you have 1 gem you can offer/post monsters up to lv20 3 gems...lv30 5 gems lv 50 7 gems lv 70 8 gems anything goes...kind of like how the badges determined what lvl of monsters would obey you in Pokemon :p
actually...thanks i'll update that into my idea Tongue
/skimmed.
support as is, will make additions AALD(at a later date)
man too much mafia on my mind to think.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2012-02-27, 04:33 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: I appreciate all of yall supporting but I was really looking for the type of material kamidara posted...you know...refinements to the idea...how it could be changed to make it better/ways to implement it?...anyways like the gem requirement for trading...cant offer on or post monsters for trade...like it could be if you have 1 gem you can offer/post monsters up to lv20 3 gems...lv30 5 gems lv 50 7 gems lv 70 8 gems anything goes...kind of like how the badges determined what lvl of monsters would obey you in Pokemon :p

actually...thanks i'll update that into my idea Tongue
That would be troublesome thought because our ancient leaders are said to be strong and difficult to defeat.

If it was a larger level cap, then maybe. If we were to increase our top level from being 100, then it could work even better.

Maybe 2 gems would cover the levels 20-30.
4 gems would cover 31-41.
6 gems would cover 41-61.

Something.. nevermind, I just remembered something. I just remembered that there will be more than 10 gems. >.<
1 for each type.
Exactly so I think it should be

1 gem for level 20-35
3 gems level 36-54
6 gems level 55-60
8 gems level 61-69
12 gems level 70-80
16 gems level 81-90
19 gems level 91-100

Also these will have to change according to the level of the npcs monsters in the arenas
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
true pein...it would have to change or maybe not even use the gems as a way to implement trades... if the arena leaders are too strong to be beaten easily...forgot myself that there would be more then 8 ancient gems...sheesh im still too pokemon oreinted

P.S. That would be a nice suggestion for the arenas...that they be within 20 levels of the monsters you can find in the area which the arena is located....
One thing I'm thinking is:
Yes the game is meant to be challenging, but there are some points where you plateau. Most people (that I know) get aggravated when they plateau and want to be able to move at a relatively consistent speed. For example, when training I noticed that the MOMENT I hit lv. 24, I was at pretty much a stand-still. I fought and fought and didn't level for a really long time. If I tried to fight something that would give better exp, I'd always lose... With that, I was pretty much forced to buy a high-level monster to lead my team and help me lvl.

So maybe there can somehow be a range you can buy that's based off of your starter. Like, you can only buy monsters from the bazaar if they're less than x amount of levels above your starter's level. Granted the system could still be cheated, but it would make it so that it's challenging, but not TOO challenging for the people who want to keep moving and leveling.

I don't understand a lot about ancient gems, so I don't know what you guys were saying that involves ancient gems, but it seems like a good idea.
Ancient Gems are equivalent to Gym Badges in Pokemon.

We are trying to give them more reason in the game instead of just collecting them. Well, they do affect ranking as well.

About level 24, that's a challenge level. There are a few challenge levels. 69 and 84 are some.
Once you get the hang of the game and know everything about it, they won't be challenging.
(2012-02-29, 08:29 PM)Kamidara Wrote: Ancient Gems are equivalent to Gym Badges in Pokemon.

We are trying to give them more reason in the game instead of just collecting them. Well, they do affect ranking as well.

About level 24, that's a challenge level. There are a few challenge levels. 69 and 84 are some.
Once you get the hang of the game and know everything about it, they won't be challenging.
Yah... I still have a lot to understand... I just started a few days ago, and I keep thinking it's like pokemon, but I know it's also very different. And now that I understand the idea behind it, I revoke my original reason. However, I know that changing this would anger a few people. It's a great idea, no doubt!!! But it could use a LITTLE tweaking. I do still support this, though. It will definitely help making rank WORTH fighting for... literally!

Also, it's probably not a good idea to link the limits to one specific monster because then you wouldn't be able to get rid of that monster... which would make it more difficult to script because the writers would have to block that monster from being traded or sold. The idea sounded good in my head... but that's a lot of extra work for something so simple...
sundance93 Wrote:Yah... I still have a lot to understand... I just started a few days ago, and I keep thinking it's like pokemon, but I know it's also very different. And now that I understand the idea behind it, I revoke my original reason. However, I know that changing this would anger a few people. It's a great idea, no doubt!!! But it could use a LITTLE tweaking. I do still support this, though. It will definitely help making rank WORTH fighting for... literally!

The reason this idea was posted here is it is still under development...I welcome criticism...constructive criticism that is... **If you just post "This is Stupid!!" or any similar post it will be deleted... however... a post of "This is Stupid!! followed by a detailed explanation of why it should not/could not be implemented will also be welcome**

sundance93 Wrote:Also, it's probably not a good idea to link the limits to one specific monster because then you wouldn't be able to get rid of that monster... which would make it more difficult to script because the writers would have to block that monster from being traded or sold. The idea sounded good in my head... but that's a lot of extra work for something so simple...

your original starter cant be sold or traded anyway...so in response to that we could link the limit to people's starter monster

sundance93 Wrote:Yes the game is meant to be challenging, but there are some points where you plateau. Most people (that I know) get aggravated when they plateau and want to be able to move at a relatively consistent speed. For example, when training I noticed that the MOMENT I hit lv. 24, I was at pretty much a stand-still. I fought and fought and didn't level for a really long time. If I tried to fight something that would give better exp, I'd always lose... With that, I was pretty much forced to buy a high-level monster to lead my team and help me lvl.

Honestly there would be no point in challenge levels if they were not that hard to get through... I personally have trained through lv 24 with a monster of each class and with no experience armor educational armor or expert leader monster....it is not THAT hard o.0
(2012-02-29, 09:09 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: your original starter cant be sold or traded anyway...so in response to that we could link the limit to people's starter monster
..... maybe I should step down from this... I obv. don't know enough about this game yet haha.
But again I say, this idea is good but could be better with a little bit of work.

I still think it would be good to have a little more leeway though. For example, as I said before perhaps being able to buy mons as high as 5 levels above your starter. Which, in essence, makes it good for everyone. Because it still give speeders the room to go quickly but not so quickly that they are "cheating"...

And as far as using Ancient Gems as trading currency... that does sound like a pretty good idea. Because it would also make people have to work harder at it. But with that, here's another idea. It may already have been posted, but perhaps with the "Gym Leaders" or whatever they'll be called -- there should be a cool-down time. You can only fight each leader x amount of times in a single day or once every couple of hours.
(2012-02-29, 09:19 PM)sundance93 Wrote: ..... maybe I should step down from this... I obv. don't know enough about this game yet haha.

But again I say, this idea is good but could be better with a little bit of work.
Idea Development, sir.

Quote:You can only fight each leader x amount of times in a single day or once every couple of hours.
Nope, once beaten, you can't battle them again. If you lose, you can battle them the next day.

sundance93 Wrote:..... maybe I should step down from this... I obv. don't know enough about this game yet haha.
nah if you have questions go ahead and ask them...that way if anybody else has those same questions...there will be an answer...And i do appreciate any help I receive in refining this idea

sundance93 Wrote:I still think it would be good to have a little more leeway though. For example, as I said before perhaps being able to buy mons as high as 5 levels above your starter. Which, in essence, makes it good for everyone. Because it still give speeders the room to go quickly but not so quickly that they are "cheating"...
Fine...that does sound reasonable...as applies to the idea being limited by starter level...I'll even quote that in the op Tongue

sundance93 Wrote:And as far as using Ancient Gems as trading currency... that does sound like a pretty good idea. Because it would also make people have to work harder at it. But with that, here's another idea. It may already have been posted, but perhaps with the "Gym Leaders" or whatever they'll be called -- there should be a cool-down time. You can only fight each leader x amount of times in a single day or once every couple of hours.

I think you misunderstood...you know how in pokemon the pokemon wouldn't obey you if it was a higher level then the badges you had allowed? Well this would be like that...except instead of them not obeying you...you just would not be able to purchase the monsters to start with..
(2012-02-29, 09:31 PM)Kamidara Wrote:
(2012-02-29, 09:19 PM)sundance93 Wrote: ..... maybe I should step down from this... I obv. don't know enough about this game yet haha.

Idea Development, sir.

Quote:You can only fight each leader x amount of times in a single day or once every couple of hours.
Nope, once beaten, you can't battle them again. If you lose, you can battle them the next day.
... I had an idea for about 10 seconds! ... and then I thought to go back and read over some things. The ONE post I skipped happened to be the post that had the same idea.

Quote: ...anyways like the gem requirement for trading...cant offer on or post monsters for trade...like it could be if you have 1 gem you can offer/post monsters up to lv20 3 gems...lv30 5 gems lv 50 7 gems lv 70 8 gems anything goes...kind of like how the badges determined what lvl of monsters would obey you in Pokemon
That could work very nicely... and of course as most likely implied by unwritten text, you'd also have to have that gem in order to buy those level tiers as well.

and honestly I can't think of anything that would make that system work better....
(ergo, I now feel like an ass for having skipped the one most important post and skimming... thus creating about 10 posts of unnecessary garbage...)
But yes, that system seems to sound as though it would work nicely.
i like this for one big reason.
makes people actually train
And not just be able to get through the game faster.

mostly for the new players.
right now they can just buy monsters on bazaar and get to N. Pidgeon in less than an hour

there is nothing keeping them excited right now.

[Image: Untitled-1_zps54942308.png]
That right there in chat...how is it "playing" when people give you monsters on a silver platter? *yes I used to be guilty of that...*...I mean i know champeon is just a superior...but its level 58...that thing is 30 levels higher than anything grey has o.0 People think that by giving players monsters it is helping them *I was guilty of the same*...but its actually more likely to influence them to quit...I mean what fun is a game that comes with a "Beat the game" cheat? yeah its exciting for a little but...but then within a couple of hours you are bored stiff...
that's why i barely ever trade new player's strong monster's any more, just tell people if they want it to go catch it, their really is no reason why you can't get x monster, ai's ccan be bought with vote gold, it may take a while to hunt legends, but giving player's like a lvl 5 hyper surfer i still do, kinda like a welcome to the game, now your on your own 0.0, type thing
You dare Challenge ME ?