Poll: When Should Badges be Wiped?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Every 2 Months
4.35%
Every 3 Months
26.09%
Every 6 Months
26.09%
Once a Year
17.39%
Never Again
26.09%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reset Badges Discussion
Warning: Post is my opinion

I do not agree with having the badges reset, especially having the maps blocked out. I do not believe it is fair that people who put in work to finish the game and then be expected to have to try and repeat what they have done in order to encourage some activity.

What I do think is that there should be some post-game implemented that contributes to rank which can reward the players who want to go the extra mile and get rewarded for their time playing the game.

I guess its much easier programming to say 'hey lets reset' and just do the same thing over and over. Seems like a boring way to create activity which could actually result in the opposite.
I got all badges in no sweat and farmed for more money, I dispies the fact that all the zones that others so hard to get too had to be wiped off,oh and also raising the max lvl to 110 makes the "tables turn for npc battles".
I like the mechanic, but a monthly reset is WAY too fast. Also, I don't think maps should be reset at all, simply because it makes travel inconvenient. Ultimately, I prefer a 6-month badge reset with no map resets whatsoever.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
the only way to resolve the badge problem now is having quests,missions and stuff
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2014-07-30, 11:42 AM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: the only way to resolve the badge problem now is having quests,missions and stuff

I agree with that.. I'm not the person who has a problem with the reset(i'm no badge type) but it makes the games funnier
I just want to add that when some of the first 5 or so of us voted, "once a year" and "never again" were not available options at the time. If I could change my vote, I would vote for "never again".
[Image: sicktag_by_bohochickky-d7tbbcd.png]
well reseting badges have some opportunities

first and most important makes the game equal for everyone

since it may be easier in past to defeat and now may be hard for new players

also it makes opportunity for new players to rank easier

since we are still lack of many content such as live tournaments pvp maps etc this also brings back some activity
It brings back activity but it should be more focused on the frequency of it happening. Some players have quit the game overall - donators, [cm]s, and regular members.
Having the badges reset every beginning of the month, a good idea, but a negative result.

So the poll up top is asking the community on when should the badges be reset to keep them playing here.
The main problem of them quitting was the loss of traveled maps. Having to re-travel those maps has aggravated many of our players. They rather deal with the badges than the maps.

So, in all of the opinions that were posted here, we can have badges reset, just not lose the maps. Using the poll above for most voted option helps a lot.
(2014-08-02, 08:23 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: well reseting badges have some opportunities

Ok I am confused by this statement and I would like to ask you. how is it not equal for everyone? Everyone can obtain all the badges and everyone gets the same score contributed to their overall score from the badges they have. Is there something I am not undertstanding?

Once again on the same point i was initially on, how does it make ranking easier when it will be required that people will need to do it more often? Its not even hard to get into the top 1000 because there was a lot of inactivity to begin with. Rank is currently more focused on DMS and exp which require a lot of hard work to achieve. 

since we are still lack of many content such as live tournaments pvp maps etc this also brings back some activity

Ok, I see how this is good on paper but there is limited evidence to suggest this. All of the 'regular' players are going to be as active with this feature as they would have without it. I can see the point of it being discouraging to new players too. Why not reset DMS every month/day/week to increase activity and make it 'fair', also increase total exp, because it is not fair for someone who has been playing for 4years right? 

(2014-08-03, 12:59 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: It brings back activity but it should be more focused on the frequency of it happening. Some players have quit the game overall - donators, [cm]s, and regular members.
Having the badges reset every beginning of the month, a good idea, but a negative result.

So the poll up top is asking the community on when should the badges be reset to keep them playing here.
The main problem of them quitting was the loss of traveled maps. Having to re-travel those maps has aggravated many of our players. They rather deal with the badges than the maps.

So, in all of the opinions that were posted here, we can have badges reset, just not lose the maps. Using the poll above for most voted option helps a lot.

I am not going to play the game. Not because I am salty and did not want this change to happen, but because of the lack of communication between the creator and the community.

Still wish the game all the best
(2014-08-03, 12:59 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: It brings back activity but it should be more focused on the frequency of it happening. Some players have quit the game overall - donators, [cm]s, and regular members.

agreed very true but still i don't like things happeining every month and we have to start over its like creating a new account 
(2014-08-03, 03:20 AM)DarkRenegade Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 08:23 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: well reseting badges have some opportunities

Ok I am confused by this statement and I would like to ask you. how is it not equal for everyone? Everyone can obtain all the badges and everyone gets the same score contributed to their overall score from the badges they have. Is there something I am not undertstanding?

Once again on the same point i was initially on, how does it make ranking easier when it will be required that people will need to do it more often? Its not even hard to get into the top 1000 because there was a lot of inactivity to begin with. Rank is currently more focused on DMS and exp which require a lot of hard work to achieve. 

Ok, I see how this is good on paper but there is limited evidence to suggest this. All of the 'regular' players are going to be as active with this feature as they would have without it. I can see the point of it being discouraging to new players too. Why not reset DMS every month/day/week to increase activity and make it 'fair', also increase total exp, because it is not fair for someone who has been playing for 4years right? 

I am not going to play the game. Not because I am salty and did not want this change to happen, but because of the lack of communication between the creator and the community.

Still wish the game all the best

yeah this is the reason for all the quitting and the hardships players are going through and for those that likes this big update seems to be just 1 in 20 Undecided
and yeah what u said is very true
The reason of quitting is the lack of communication?

The reason of quitting is because players quit to easy and not yelling for attention. I'm agree that it can be a little different but quitting is not because cef change something, its because players quit to easy. I've seen players on chat.

Joo
Hii, why are i'm missing badges?
That because of the update, badges going to reset every month same as the maps
Oo, then i'm gone

This aren't the players where cef can built on, the players here on the forum, who talk to him are.
i dont fully agree players dont quit easily they quit because after all the hard work they have put through it they have to see them disappear every month which is annoying for alot of the players espicially the old one's and when we talk about players on the forums this is the discussion going on and the votes for the extension of the resets of badges are way over than a month ppl have been voting for 6 months + but i still haven't seen the changes
I agree with the reset, it can on a different way. But player that quit, aren't the players for cef to build on. I mean, the game isn't changed in a shooting game... Its only a reset, shall i quit? I've payed money for something that is changed now also.

Quiting isn't the way to fix some things, talking is the way to change.
No to map reset
I think the badge reset has it upsides and downsides, but the biggest downside is the map changes. On the first of this month I got on the game to go hunt then realized I had to go through five zones just to get to the place I wanted to hunt. It frustrated me a lot. And not to make threats or sound shallow, but I thought if this was going to happen every month I couldn't keep up with it, and the thought of quitting has been on my mind. This was a good Idea, but poorly implemented. The maps shouldn't be reset at all and for any reason. 

Now the badges, I don't really mind, it does give me reason to train and level monsters up, but thats me. I think we should have the choice. I think a rematch device (like the one in the old pokemoncraft) should be used. That device would allow players to chose to rematch npcs, and in the rematch the trainers could be harder and offer more gold. I think this would solve everyones problems. I hope though that some sort of change will come before the next reset
(2014-08-04, 05:23 AM)Snes Wrote: I think the badge reset has it upsides and downsides, but the biggest downside is the map changes. On the first of this month I got on the game to go hunt then realized I had to go through five zones just to get to the place I wanted to hunt. It frustrated me a lot. And not to make threats or sound shallow, but I thought if this was going to happen every month I couldn't keep up with it, and the thought of quitting has been on my mind. This was a good Idea, but poorly implemented. The maps shouldn't be reset at all and for any reason. 

Now the badges, I don't really mind, it does give me reason to train and level monsters up, but thats me. I think we should have the choice. I think a rematch device (like the one in the old pokemoncraft) should be used. That device would allow players to chose to rematch npcs, and in the rematch the trainers could be harder and offer more gold. I think this would solve everyones problems. I hope though that some sort of change will come before the next reset

i like your idea Smile
What about a compromise on the map reset?  I am not a fan of it at all; however, if something must be done, what about just resetting the cities/towns (Starfall excepted, of course)?  Going through every map, even if just the ones above level 13, over and over again would be very tedious.  It feels like long term players are being penalized instead of appreciated.

As far as the badges being reset, I do not mind this, though monthly might be too often for newer players.  Established players can race through the arenas, if they choose, with very little problem.  But new players have to chip away at it bit by bit, and the thought of having all of your progress erased so soon after achieving it could end up being too overwhelming.
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
(2014-08-03, 09:12 AM)freak500 Wrote: The reason of quitting is the lack of communication?

Yes, there was a vote for the change and it wasn't even discussed much. seems like having a voting system is arbitrary and there was an assumption that everyone was onboard

The reason of quitting is because players quit to easy and not yelling for attention. I'm agree that it can be a little different but quitting is not because cef change something, its because players quit to easy. I've seen players on chat.

This is not the first time that there has not been a logical thought process behind a decision made. I have seen quite a bit of inconsistency with decisions made and this has been frustrating. You can see it that way, but I see it that I have had this occur too many times now and this is the final straw. 

This aren't the players where cef can built on, the players here on the forum, who talk to him are.

Its hard for players to be 'built on' with the only consistent variable being inconsistency.

(2014-08-03, 01:05 PM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: i dont fully agree players dont quit easily they quit because after all the hard work they have put through it they have to see them disappear every month which is annoying for alot of the players espicially the old one's and when we talk about players on the forums this is the discussion going on and the votes for the extension of the resets of badges are way over than a month ppl have been voting for 6 months + but i still haven't seen the changes
+1

(2014-08-03, 11:05 PM)freak500 Wrote: I agree with the reset, it can on a different way. But player that quit, aren't the players for cef to build on. I mean, the game isn't changed in a shooting game... Its only a reset, shall i quit? I've payed money for something that is changed now also.

There is past evidence which suggests that talking has done nothing. Ive also spent money on the game, but it doesn't make people who spend money any better than those who don't. The majority of players do not spend money on the game. I guess majority means nothing since there wasn't a majority voting for the level cap to raise...but it was.

(2014-08-04, 05:23 AM)Snes Wrote: I think the badge reset has it upsides and downsides, but the biggest downside is the map changes. On the first of this month I got on the game to go hunt then realized I had to go through five zones just to get to the place I wanted to hunt. It frustrated me a lot. And not to make threats or sound shallow, but I thought if this was going to happen every month I couldn't keep up with it, and the thought of quitting has been on my mind. This was a good Idea, but poorly implemented. The maps shouldn't be reset at all and for any reason. 

+1
Would be nice if we could at least have access to all maps (the biggest part of the problem in my opinion). No need to keep repeating going through maps. At least going through gyms there is a reward of gold and EXP.

(2014-08-04, 10:40 AM)Char02 Wrote: What about a compromise on the map reset?  I am not a fan of it at all; however, if something must be done, what about just resetting the cities/towns (Starfall excepted, of course)?  Going through every map, even if just the ones above level 13, over and over again would be very tedious.  It feels like long term players are being penalized instead of appreciated.

Totally agree with this point.

As far as the badges being reset, I do not mind this, though monthly might be too often for newer players.  Established players can race through the arenas, if they choose, with very little problem.  But new players have to chip away at it bit by bit, and the thought of having all of your progress erased so soon after achieving it could end up being too overwhelming.

Fair point.
(2014-08-04, 02:15 PM)DarkRenegade Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 09:12 AM)freak500 Wrote: The reason of quitting is the lack of communication?

Yes, there was a vote for the change and it wasn't even discussed much. seems like having a voting system is arbitrary and there was an assumption that everyone was onboard

This is not the first time that there has not been a logical thought process behind a decision made. I have seen quite a bit of inconsistency with decisions made and this has been frustrating. You can see it that way, but I see it that I have had this occur too many times now and this is the final straw. 

Its hard for players to be 'built on' with the only consistent variable being inconsistency.

(2014-08-03, 01:05 PM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: i dont fully agree players dont quit easily they quit because after all the hard work they have put through it they have to see them disappear every month which is annoying for alot of the players espicially the old one's and when we talk about players on the forums this is the discussion going on and the votes for the extension of the resets of badges are way over than a month ppl have been voting for 6 months + but i still haven't seen the changes
+1

(2014-08-03, 11:05 PM)freak500 Wrote: I agree with the reset, it can on a different way. But player that quit, aren't the players for cef to build on. I mean, the game isn't changed in a shooting game... Its only a reset, shall i quit? I've payed money for something that is changed now also.

There is past evidence which suggests that talking has done nothing. Ive also spent money on the game, but it doesn't make people who spend money any better than those who don't. The majority of players do not spend money on the game. I guess majority means nothing since there wasn't a majority voting for the level cap to raise...but it was.

+1
Would be nice if we could at least have access to all maps (the biggest part of the problem in my opinion). No need to keep repeating going through maps. At least going through gyms there is a reward of gold and EXP.

(2014-08-04, 10:40 AM)Char02 Wrote: What about a compromise on the map reset?  I am not a fan of it at all; however, if something must be done, what about just resetting the cities/towns (Starfall excepted, of course)?  Going through every map, even if just the ones above level 13, over and over again would be very tedious.  It feels like long term players are being penalized instead of appreciated.

Totally agree with this point.

Fair point.

I like the points btw,

But talking here and not playing i not see as a quiting btw. I not talk about giving money to te game. I'm not giving that as a point, i only say i pay money for a monster that was a pvp worth monster and now its nothing. Thats what i was saying. So i've paid money for nothing. And i'm not quiting also, if you liked the game and its now a hard time for you, then just fight for the game. Quiting isn't the option anyway.

I say that also to my class. When a teacher does something wrong you don't talk with 30 people against 1 teacher, its just unfair. Pm cef, ask him things. I can do it to if you want that, this way is a good way to discuss but not to talk with cef.
Everyone should just be discussing what they see not right in the game and to agree on some things.
Using the poll above as well.

When you guys get to your agreement altogether, we can send a pm to CeFurkan about it.
Having feedback on big game changes is important after all.
Trial and error people.
(2014-08-04, 08:47 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Everyone should just be discussing what they see not right in the game and to agree on some things.
Using the poll above as well.

When you guys get to your agreement altogether, we can send a pm to CeFurkan about it.
Having feedback on big game changes is important after all.
Trial and error people.

Yes it is, and thats where i was talking aboutSmile

You can also use skype orso.
I don't think anyone is ganging up on Cef, at least i am not trying to. Everyone is just trying to put in there opinion and idea into the discussion, which is the communities way of trying to better the game. This discussion is our way of fighting for a our own ideal version of the game, and in many peoples minds, some aspects of the reset are unbeneficial to game. Many ideas and opinions have been shared, so now I think its up to Cef to review everyone's comments, and make a decision about the reset
(2014-08-05, 03:47 AM)Snes Wrote: I don't think anyone is ganging up on Cef, at least i am not trying to. Everyone is just trying to put in there opinion and idea into the discussion, which is the communities way of trying to better the game. This discussion is our way of fighting for a our own ideal version of the game, and in many peoples minds, some aspects of the reset are unbeneficial to game. Many ideas and opinions have been shared, so now I think its up to Cef to review everyone's comments, and make a decision about the reset

I know, but it always have a high level of that. I'm also not saying that discussing here is a problem. No please go aheadSmile but also pm cef and talk about the points that we are want to change, because we are alot in the game, so tell the story from the players.
see i don't think that would be very appropriate, Cef doesn't need dozens of pm's complaining about the reset, he should be able to look at this forum and that be enough. but it would be nice if he was more active in the discussion
(2014-08-05, 04:04 PM)Snes Wrote: see i don't think that would be very appropriate, Cef doesn't need dozens of pm's complaining about the reset, he should be able to look at this forum and that be enough. but it would be nice if he was more active in the discussion

Yes correct, i said, 1 pm and not dozensWink
i meant dozens of people who take your advice and decide to pm Cef, which leads to dozens of pms
yeah no need for tons of us to send him at a time makes every1's work to be more 
but idk why he isn't coming and discussing about this topic here
Well he does have 2 games to look after now both with updates. This is the same thing for both games at least.

So, the main thing about this was having the badges reset every month and the loss of maps.
No one likes that.

But it was mainly to attain more activity here before v3. Which made it a good idea, negative result.
I believe that the change that players want would be:
  • Badges at least every 6 months to 1 year reset.
  • We keep all the maps as they were fairly traveled in our time. It's already fair enough for every player to travel the maps.
One day, we might even get more maps. In a game, new players come to hopefully rise up and reach the top. All the top players hang out in the last zone, giving this game some type of ladder. Everyone started at the bottom and then they're here xD

I'm not sure if lack of communication is a problem at all either. CeFurkan, administrator, did ask us, the community, if we should have the level caps raised beyond 100. People said yes, so it happened. There is communication here. We also had other game feedbacks and CeFurkan did discuss it with us before.

So, for every large change to the game, letting it take affect for at least 2 days to see some results, we'll have a feedback thread for everyone's opinions. 

Is that fair for everyone?
(2014-08-05, 04:43 PM)Snes Wrote: i meant dozens of people who take your advice and decide to pm Cef, which leads to dozens of pms

I think a lot of players are smart enough to not to that. But i see your point,

And yes sparrow i agree
(2014-08-05, 08:09 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Well he does have 2 games to look after now both with updates. This is the same thing for both games at least.

So, the main thing about this was having the badges reset every month and the loss of maps.
No one likes that.

But it was mainly to attain more activity here before v3. Which made it a good idea, negative result.
I believe that the change that players want would be:
  • Badges at least every 6 months to 1 year reset.

• We keep all the maps as they were fairly traveled in our time. It's already fair enough for every player to travel the maps.

This is good, most players will be happy with having access to all maps
One day, we might even get more maps. In a game, new players come to hopefully rise up and reach the top. All the top players hang out in the last zone, giving this game some type of ladder. Everyone started at the bottom and then they're here xD

I'm not sure if lack of communication is a problem at all either. CeFurkan, administrator, did ask us, the community, if we should have the level caps raised beyond 100. People said yes, so it happened. There is communication here. We also had other game feedbacks and CeFurkan did discuss it with us before.

Like I have said this is not the first instance of the event. And by people saying 'yes' being a survey of 11 players with 3 of them(25%) saying yes to raise the level beyond level 100 I have no idea how that is good communication. Communication does not simply mean being informed especially in regards to the context I used.

I think what you have suggested below is a great example of good communication, because although it isn't taking peoples opinions/what they want into account, it is giving the opportunity for them to be expressed later. But I do challenge will there be much focus on the feedback? An idea can be good but its also how it is implemented. 

So, for every large change to the game, letting it take affect for at least 2 days to see some results, we'll have a feedback thread for everyone's opinions. 

Is that fair for everyone?