Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redrawing monsters.
I actually think the original Ordulong and Mobus had coloring more like this game's overall art style. The new designs are more original (I LOVE the new Repyunidai), but I've noticed your art style is very sketchy (not that that's bad or anything). I'm really not sure what CeF is looking for in terms of style, but most of our monsters aren't quite that sketchy. (HOWEVER, I do think Repyunidai V2's coloring is fine as it is.)
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
I liked both, all of them are still A+ work to me^^
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Art quality is better in the first post

CeFurkan , i think you should add the first three drawings Smile
^^Thanks for this signature to SparrowHawk^^
[Image: ArceusHeatshot.png]
Game Assistant-Turkish Forum Lead Moderator

Hey! Thanks for the kindly critiques. 
i'll be elaborate since there is more than one thing to address and i hope i don't come across as defensive.

Here what goes.
First ones were rejected because it's not as good as https://www.monstermmorpg.com/Werebear-Monster-Dex-1801

And the art style is not similar too, somehow, in Cef's eyes, not mine. 
While the design wasn't a problem, i am not a big fan of them since they looked very similar to some references,
particularly pokemon and mass effect.
Which was intentionally done since i wanted to stay safe and hope they fit well from your memories.

But, i am the guy who lean more towards design rather than rendering.
So, i took the chance to redesign them too. I was quite frustated since i took the time to work on it and Cef rejected it because the rendering does not look as similar (again, he said so).
Basically, the first ones, there were nothing i like. And Cef didn't think the rendering style fits in.

As for the redrawing... these are second design pass. Means changes to the design will still be done.
Cef had inputs and he said the colors are okay, few changes to the design of Ordulong and Mobus,
and we will look forward to the finishing quality.
I am very glad you guys gave positive vibe towards all my works however. But Cef didn't gave a pass, so...

Expect them to look like the werebear once cleaned up. Although i really didn't think werebear was that superior.
But then that's maybe me and my mental with design first and rendering second.

Now i have better understanding about how to work with him without too much changes.
Hopefully i get more redesign to work on in the future, and we'll see.
I think the reason Werebear looks better is because the sketchy coloring can be passed off as fur texture. Maybe, after these designs are done, you can try your hand at more furry monsters?
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
I don't know about that.
We'll see what goes. I like to try new things.

Minor adjustment since my freelance is a mess atm.

Mobus gets a new eye design.
[Image: tumblr_n2221qSosl1t2m04ko1_500.jpg]
Ordulong was going to get a wing... but the shape doesn't allow... he looked terrible and forcing it is just hard.. Some inner face to creep you then.
[Image: tumblr_n2221qSosl1t2m04ko4_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_n2221qSosl1t2m04ko3_1280.jpg]
And repyunidai is just being herselvu.
sinnelius i like these remake alot but moboius is the only one who i thoght looked better in the first drawings

dindt see you had a s=econd set but i like the top viper mon
It looks too much like pokemon... That's a no go. Or would you rather have it in different color?
no sinnelius ordulong looks great with that creepy face and he looks like he's crying acid but i dont like mobiuos white though he would look graet black or purple but im talking the idea you gave and working on a goat mon

mobius also reminds me for some reason of the arbiter from halo seris
On a side note, what's that big line sticking out of Mobus's back supposed to be?
Taking inputs! Thanks shadowananime for the suggestion. I don't know what goat mon you mean.
Cef rejected everything and told me to focus on these ones first.

Jet black Mobus! It does look better! And i don't know about arbiter... maybe it does. The point is, i was actually using reference from pokemon and mass effect and ends up being way too similar.

This time i take a step away mix more things to stay away from the reference(s), so i can proudly say this is (more) original and have more thought than just blatant copying.

But then, again, it's something follow alone, so yes, you can say it does look like arbiter. And i still don't know what is that.

As for the stick on Mobus head, It's a reference to Moby Dick, an old literature about a largggge whale. 
Check it out, TexasToast! Big Grin

(smaller image to save space) 

[Image: 1_by_sinnelius-d79j7u3.jpg]
when mobus was white he sorta looked like the arbiter but he looks allot better as psychic type in the jet black form and the goat mon im making is my own but i like the new mobus
OK, pretty much any art thats being made now could possibly have already been made so LEAVE IT ALONE. The truth is, your drawings are perfect the way they are. Keep up the great work! Big Grin
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Mobus looks MUCH better with black skin! It's a nice combination of the initial draft and the new design.
AAA, quick update! 

I got some interview to take care of!
Gonna get back to this real soon!
And thank you for tuning in Smile

I hope to push the design the completion soon! Smile
i checked evry day to see if you replied good job sinnelius cant wait for the next mons
Lineart cleanup and some color block in. 

[Image: tumblr_n2xlalFwWC1t2m04ko1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n2xlalFwWC1t2m04ko3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n2xlalFwWC1t2m04ko2_1280.jpg]
it looks like when you are going to shade them in they will be amazing detail is so amazing just not shaded in (looking at awe at how awesome they will be when there done
(2014-03-24, 11:16 AM)shadowananime Wrote: it looks like when you are going to shade them in they will be amazing detail is so amazing just not shaded in (looking at awe at how awesome they will be when there done
Haha i don't know shadow. thanks. 
Cef prefer to keep the line art so maybe not well shaded... some choices here. Without and with effects.

[Image: tumblr_n2y9ghwOj61t2m04ko1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_n2y9ghwOj61t2m04ko2_r1_500.png]
Effects version seems to glitch here. :/
i think cef might like effect version more but i like them there great oh yeah and i like the effect version also even if its glichted Big Grin
Personally, I think the version without the effects looks better. Tbh.
420 Blaze it Lol
Let me start with this:

REPYUNIDAI LOOKS AMAZING!

Now that that's out of the way, I'd recommend taking out the effects. They're large, obstructing, and don't make a lot of sense. Otherwise, PERFECT!
(2014-03-24, 08:56 PM)TexasToast Wrote: Let me start with this:

REPYUNIDAI LOOKS AMAZING!

Now that that's out of the way, I'd recommend taking out the effects. They're large, obstructing, and don't make a lot of sense. Otherwise, PERFECT!

This is pretty much exactly what I was trying to say
420 Blaze it Lol
I like your work!!!! like all of it!
Just keep posting  Big Grin You gonna make it Smile waaauw
            thx PRYSMA 2
  [Image: 7G5XCZU.jpg]
Repyunidai is ancient matirial!!!!!  That one is awesome!
            thx PRYSMA 2
  [Image: 7G5XCZU.jpg]
Hey Santy,Torito,Texas thanks! 
wow, it's pretty big.

Ok then, gotta go with Repyunidai #1. Gonna do some adjustment with the lineart so it looks more pleasing in the eye.
And maybe some contrast adjustment.

Come share your gallery too folks, if you have deviantart or tumblr. 

here's mobus, with and without effects.

[Image: tumblr_n2zdp29ItJ1t2m04ko1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n2zdp29ItJ1t2m04ko2_1280.jpg]
Now with Mobus, I don't have a preference for effects or no effects. However, I do think you should add a little more shading, as the colors look very flat, especially with the bubbles.
Very well Texas...i might pick the one with effects then. 
Everything here is all color block in so... pardon the flatness. But i hope it illustrates the design i want to achieve from the original sketch.

And here's Ordulong.

[Image: tumblr_n2zq0bhCsh1t2m04ko2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n2zq0bhCsh1t2m04ko1_1280.jpg]
i like the ordolong with effects like earlier i siad he looked like he was crying acid and i agree with texastoast on mobius i think with enough shading he will look amazing