Monster MMORPG Game Official Forum » Official Forums » Idea Development » Premium Membership/something to do about the Advertising.[Orbo and Cinn's idea]
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premium Membership/something to do about the Advertising.[Orbo and Cinn's idea]
So we've all heard that the priority for the game is advertising. and we all know that not very many of us want to do it, for whatever reason. The usual way of advertising is putting out money to get your product(in this case, the game) out there and heard about. I understand CeFurkan just went through school so he doesn't necessarily have a lot of money to use to this end.
We've already got people donating to the game. We could take this money, and use a small percentage of it and put that money toward advertising.
Also, we can have a "premium membership" type thing (with perks to be worked out[maybe premium members get an item that increases the chancxes of a certain type of monster appearing, or something]) where we use all the money that people pay for premium and put that towards the advertising for the site.
Whaddya guys think?
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2013-07-16, 06:15 PM)orboknown Wrote: So we've all heard that the priority for the game is advertising. and we all know that not very many of us want to do it, for whatever reason. The usual way of advertising is putting out money to get your product(in this case, the game) out there and heard about. I understand CeFurkan just went through school so he doesn't necessarily have a lot of money to use to this end.
We've already got people donating to the game. We could take this money, and use a small percentage of it and put that money toward advertising.
Also, we can have a "premium membership" type thing (with perks to be worked out[maybe premium members get an item that increases the chancxes of a certain type of monster appearing, or something])  where we use all the money that people pay for premium and put that towards the advertising for the site.
Whaddya guys think?

Not a fan unfortunately. I think this would kill the free to play aspect of the game and with "premium member" you would create a big disconnect. I think it could really hurt the game tbh.

If Cef wants advertising, he needs to add content to the game, fix the  things that need to be fixed and then get positive reviews from websites for the game.

I know most of these things are in progress, but how slowly they develop will determine how quickly this game will grow imo.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
I 100% agree with knost. I dont believe online segregation will accomplish anything more than a drop in our number of active players. And, in reality, that is all adding a premium membership option would do: give an air of segregation. I believe what we need to do is, upon continuing our outside advertisement, we need to further promote player donation within the game. Perhaps with an event.
420 Blaze it Lol
Premium membership can come at v3.5 of the game when clans and many more things are implemented.

I thought about this yesterday, and the benefits could be:

Golden name
+ x% Exp and gold after battle
Remove advertising from game
1 zenith per month (if it is monthly)
An option to disable forced battles
A warning box if you try to run from ancients/legendaries/zeniths

But this shouldnt be added now :S
If donators and nondonators don't segregate, i don't see why premium members and nonpremium members would.

Would just be another donator thing, just with a fancier title to go with it. And the money would be used to advertise the way advertisement should be done: by paying for it.

I would love for the focus of advertisement to be shifted to more important things like enhancing gameplay or adding more content, but as is that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.
scuttle scuttle
(2013-07-16, 06:37 PM)Cinnamon Spider Wrote: If donators and nondonators don't segregate, i don't see why premium members and nonpremium members would.

Would just be another donator thing, just with a fancier title to go with it. And the money would be used to advertise the way advertisement should be done:  by paying for it.

I would love for the focus of advertisement to be shifted to more important things like enhancing gameplay or adding more content, but as is that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

If this is just for the donators than why not just take some of the donation money for ad's?

I don't think anyone would pay for it bh.

I see what your idea was and its a valid one, but if Cef wanted to spend money on ad's for the game he would have done it already.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2013-07-16, 06:41 PM)Knost Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 06:37 PM)Cinnamon Spider Wrote: If donators and nondonators don't segregate, i don't see why premium members and nonpremium members would.

Would just be another donator thing, just with a fancier title to go with it. And the money would be used to advertise the way advertisement should be done:  by paying for it.

If this is just for the donators than why not just take some of the donation money for ad's?

I see what your idea was and its a valid one, but if Cef wanted to spend money on ad's for the game he would have done it already.

That's true.

Suppose it's because I'm not sure what Cef is doing with the current donation money. Setting up a new way for people to donate and saying "okay this money is for this yadda yadda" gives us a better idea of where it's going.

Hopefully.
scuttle scuttle
(2013-07-16, 06:36 PM)Legolas Wrote: Golden name
+ x% Exp and gold after battle
Remove advertising from game
1 zenith per month (if it is monthly)
An option to disable forced battles
A warning box if you try to run from ancients/legendaries/zeniths

I like everything except the disable forced battles and warning box.

Force battles are an anti-bot thing and needs to be in the game.

The warning box would make farming for rare monsters way too easy.
scuttle scuttle
(2013-07-16, 06:37 PM)Cinnamon Spider Wrote: Would just be another donator thing, just with a fancier title to go with it. And the money would be used to advertise the way advertisement should be done: by payin

See, thats just it. The fancier title of "premium member" gives the idea that those who are not premium are lesser and not as important. And mant nonpremium members may not have the means to upgrade. The term "donater" is respected, tho it does not make those who dont or cant donate feel inferior.
420 Blaze it Lol
(2013-07-16, 06:46 PM)Cinnamon Spider Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 06:41 PM)Knost Wrote:

That's true.

Suppose it's because I'm not sure what Cef is doing with the current donation money. Setting up a new way for people to donate and saying "okay this money is for this yadda yadda" gives us a better idea of where it's going.

Hopefully.

Yeah, but i think you're asking for a transparency that Cef's not going to give lol

I get what you're saying though, I do.
(2013-07-16, 06:49 PM)torito747 Wrote: See, thats just it. The fancier title of "premium member" gives the idea that those who are not premium are lesser and not as important. And mant nonpremium members may not have the means to upgrade. The term "donater" is respected, tho it does not make those who dont or cant donate feel inferior.

If that's the case, we can change the title to something less premium-y, I guess. The name was just different from "donator" because it would mostly be a forum thing, rather than an ingame thing.

Though so far it seems the idea has been shot down haha.
scuttle scuttle
(2013-07-16, 06:49 PM)Knost Wrote: Yeah, but i think you're asking for a transparency that Cef's not going to give lol

I get what you're saying though, I do.

Yeah, probably. :/

Thanks for your honest opinion though. I appreciate it.
scuttle scuttle
(2013-07-16, 06:52 PM)Cinnamon Spider Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 06:49 PM)torito747 Wrote: See, thats just it. The fancier title of "premium member" gives the idea that those who are not premium are lesser and not as important. And mant nonpremium members may not have the means to upgrade. The term "donater" is respected, tho it does not make those who dont or cant donate feel inferior.

If that's the case, we can change the title to something less premium-y, I guess. The name was just different from "donator" because it would mostly be a forum thing, rather than an ingame thing.

Though so far it seems the idea has been shot down haha.

Well, dont say 'shot down'. Its everyones job to find anything wrong with an idea in order to work out any flaws. Its really not a terrible idea
420 Blaze it Lol
(2013-07-16, 06:54 PM)torito747 Wrote: Well, dont say 'shot down'. Its everyones job to find anything wrong with an idea in order to work out any flaws. Its really not a terrible idea

Thanks. :)

I'll change "shot down" to "flawed" then.

Hopefully more people will give their opinions on it soon. I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.
scuttle scuttle
Like Knost said, not a big fan.
One of the main reasons I started playing this game is because it's free.
Would be sad to start pulling people in front of another just cuz they pay.

P.S. Another color? ARE YOU MAD lol. The chat is like a kiddie's drawingbook already with all the purple and orange running around as it is.

Quick Edit:
There is a huge increase of international players, just saying, why not start translating some stuff for them?
On french chat (a long while back) they asked for some translation to french.. I'd be happy to help, I am sure a lot of others are too.
It would be a huge improvement for the game if we can state: Available in EVERY language (or almost)
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
(2013-07-16, 07:41 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: There is a huge increase of international players, just saying, why not start translating some stuff for them?
On french chat (a long while back) they asked for some translation to french.. I'd be happy to help, I am sure a lot of others are too.
It would be a huge improvement for the game if we can state: Available in EVERY language (or almost)

I asked that to CeF two days ago, the answer: "nop"

I´d be glad to translate it to spanish Smile
(2013-07-16, 07:46 PM)Legolas Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 07:41 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: There is a huge increase of international players, just saying, why not start translating some stuff for them?

I asked that to CeF two days ago, the answer: "nop"

I´d be glad to translate it to spanish Smile

I made this suggestion too.. I would be able to translate to Dutch and French. I'm sure for German, Croatian (largest increase in Europe past days), Italian, .. we can find someone in a heartbeat.
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
(2013-07-16, 07:41 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: Quick Edit:
There is a huge increase of international players, just saying, why not start translating some stuff for them?

Love the translating idea. I was going to ask some people to translate the new rules, but figured that would be kinda job-like and I have no way to pay besides monsters and gold.

And thanks for your opinion on the premium member thing too.
scuttle scuttle
I know its been said, but id also be more than happy to help translate to spanish.
420 Blaze it Lol
(2013-07-16, 06:29 PM)torito747 Wrote: I 100% agree with knost. I dont believe online segregation will accomplish anything more than a drop in our number of active players. And, in reality, that is all adding a premium membership option would do: give an air of segregation. I believe what we need to do is, upon continuing our outside advertisement, we need to further promote player donation within the game. Perhaps with an event.

Though it sounds cool, I agree with torito. Thats why I sropped playing Pockie Pirates
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Google Chrome auto-translates everything for me? 

I know I'm a few months off of the original post, but I don't see this as being a bad idea. It doesn't mean you "have" to pay. It's just saying if you pay you get better perks which is how it should be honestly. 

I wouldn't mind the forced battles being turned off. There's no need for forced battles with forced addition problems. lol

Either way again I don't see this as bad, but I could see how some would feel like they're being left behind, but at the end of the day you can't make everyone happy. I'd also like to add I think with better rewards would mean more incentive for people to donate. I know tons of people who play games online that could donate but don't see it worth it, and honestly some Monsters with fixed abilities isn't all that worth it.. Not very enticing. Just my opinion though. Smile
actually i am  planning an awesome system for v3  as referral and advertising system

i will remove stupid voting but bring a lot better system

for example you will make an advertisement thread

and you will enter url and verify and get new in game currency etc Big Grin
I don't like the idea of removing voting actually. I do think you should clean up the voting links, and maybe reduce them a bit. 26 is quite a few to go through, and I know a lot of new players get a bit intimidated by so many links. A reduction would probably help you a lot. I'd suggest only keeping the links that get you the most amount of "Visitors/Clicks/Hits" whichever.
hey henrie its me drake fiar
im the one who ordered the sergal head in october 2012
was wondering were you went and when the head will be done.
I was also wondering if you have any WIP pictures of it.
Im hoping I didnt get ripped off.
either skype me at ravingsergal
email me at ravedragonfiar@gmail.com
or pm me on Furaffinity/user/drakefiar
just please henrie, contact me.
Personally, I believe that people with Donator titles should have specific perks, not a full on Premium Membership, of course, the higher ranked donator title it is the better the perks.
Resident noob