Poll: So which version would you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1a)
36.36%
1b)
54.55%
2a)
0%
2b)
0%
3)
9.09%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PVP System - general
We've been disscussing in chat about what could be improved/changed in the current PVP system and here are the probably most common ideas:

1)Completely Redo: 
a) "Hardcore"
During a battle, the pvpers cant open any other page than the battle page (each time its linked to the battle), and they see only:
Enemy hitpoints; Enemy lvl; Name etc; Stat changes (not the stats); Status changes; All damage information as now
b) "Normal"
In addition to a you see the enemy stats and his moves
Time for choosing move (both cases) is about 10-15 secs, if you dont choose, the system autochooses but no game loss OR about 20-25 secs and if you dont choose the system chooses but after e.g.5 times you loose

2)Fine tuning:
a)"Newbie"
Longer switch time if monster fainted, longer move choose time; after 5-10 times kicked
b)"Veteran"
short move time, short switch time, no kicking

3) 2a AND 2b and let the one requesting choose the type

*Advertising* - my opinion
As you might see, the 1a/b increases the needed "skills" and "knowledge" for pvp, making not only the monsters decide a battle, but letting the "trainer" participate in it.. Which, in my eyes, is the real meaning of pvp, as having good mons and asking mlinka for a good moveset shouldnt be the whole game.. It also makes it easier for emissary/zenith teams to win as most people know the ancients and legends and their weaknesses but not every emissary
1b is definetley the best
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Got the 1a vote from me. Pvp would be perfect like that.
scuttle scuttle
Ah and btw, the detailed times etc can be decided later on, at first its important what "type" is preffered by most players

EDIT: used the wrong account, just pretend this is written by touraccount Smile
lol so much idea's:p Thats why i think there should be options:p
I like the idea of 1 a and 1 b tbh.

My main concern is choosing a move after you've fainted your opponents monster.

When your opponents monster faints you should be informed of which monster they then bring into battle somehow and then you should be given 10-15 extra seconds to choose/re-choose your move, switch out or attack.

Also I would be fine with bumping the choice times from 10seconds to 15 seconds in between. I think this would help keep battles running smooth.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
u got my vote Smile
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2013-07-15, 04:22 PM)Knost Wrote: I like the idea of 1 a and 1 b tbh.

When your opponents monster faints you should be informed of which monster they then bring into battle somehow and then you should be given 10-15 extra seconds to choose/re-choose your move, switch out or attack.

Also I would be fine with bumping the choice times from 10seconds to 15 seconds in between. I think this would help keep battles running smooth.

Big Grin

If the system is changed completely than it shouldnt be difficult to add extra 10 secs after the monster change.
(2013-07-15, 04:28 PM)ShadowAce Wrote:

If the system is changed completely than it shouldnt be difficult to add extra 10 secs after the monster change.
I almost wish we could think of a creative way to let players know when a monster is brought into battle...

Time to think lol
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Define creative. I'm sure there could be a way to code in an announcement dialogue box like "your opponent has decided to change monsters! How do you react?"
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2013-07-15, 04:30 PM)Knost Wrote:

I almost wish we could think of a creative way to let players know when a monster is brought into battle...

Time to think lol

How about making an own turn, giving a player 30 secs to switch. and noone can attack! and then the next turn both can attack as usual?
(2013-07-15, 04:34 PM)ShadowAce Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 04:30 PM)Knost Wrote:

Time to think lol

How about making an own turn, giving a player 30 secs to switch. and noone can attack! and then the next turn both can attack as usual?

I think thats an idea. Maybe make it more like 15 sec and then once the monster has been chosen both players can resume battle.

Things is though, how do you inform both players that they would be able to choose again?
When there is changed a mon you can say that on the move list?

So someone change, it said, opponent change a monster and then when it is on screen, say you can choose a move
i think this changing only works if your monster fainted
(2013-07-15, 05:47 PM)ShadowAce Wrote: i think this changing only works if your monster fainted

Thats the idea. Its not needed any other time. I think it needs to be more obvious though. My initial thought was a pop up window but that would make it to laggy.

IDK there has to be a way to make it work.
Put a fifteen second freeze into the system when a switch is made, so that the pvp'er has time to switch and then once that switch is made allow commands to start coming in again?
(2013-07-15, 06:03 PM)orboknown Wrote: Put a fifteen second freeze into the system when a switch is made, so that the pvp'er has time to switch and then once that switch is made allow commands to start coming in again?

thats what i meant, when a monster faints, no player can attack that turn, and the player whose mon fainted has 25 secs to switch in.. after that, a new turn starts like usual
(2013-07-15, 06:03 PM)orboknown Wrote: Put a fifteen second freeze into the system when a switch is made, so that the pvp'er has time to switch and then once that switch is made allow commands to start coming in again?

I like that. Make it to where it wont let you pick a move until the choice is made.

Coming out of that then there should be 15 sec to choose (once its unfrozen) so you can refresh and make your decision in plenty of time.
Exactly. This way, it remains fair n that you can't get decimated by a move you had no way to counter.
(2013-07-15, 06:11 PM)orboknown Wrote: Exactly. This way, it remains fair n that you can't get decimated by a move you had no way to counter.

Well the problem is its a free turn for you opponent to try to gain the upper-hand and while this is how its set up, I dont believe swinging blindly does anyone any good. It's just annoying.

Allowing time for clarity after a faint will make it to where people dont run a spam move because they dont know whats coming next.

Again, I suggest we extend the period between moves to 15 seconds and implement this new "Faint freeze screen" idea.

15 seconds (or until they choose) for the fainted monsters user to choose their next mon and then 15 more seconds for both users to choose their move (attack or switch).
Yea, that's what I meant haha.
I'm fine with both of these things.
EDIT: We should get a notification or something when people quote us so we know we're being replied to XD
(2013-07-15, 06:24 PM)orboknown Wrote: Yea, that's what I meant haha.
I'm fine with both of these things.
EDIT: We should get a notification or something when people quote us so we know we're being replied to XD

That would be nice.
it would be. That's a whole nother thread doe
1b all the way!!
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Okay, you guys know I don't pvp...however, looking at this from the perspective of a veteran player who might someday get into pvp and have to start from scratch, why not have all of the initially mentioned options?  First, the player requesting the pvp chooses either "Newbie" or "Veteren"...then chooses "Normal" or "Hardcore".  The player receiving the pvp either accepts or delines the match according to the conditions selected by the requester.  I have seen many times where players wish to test their monsters and may want to see what they are working against during the match in order to know better what to improve upon for the serious matches.  I can also see new pvp'ers learning their way through the steps...i.e: newbie/normal, newbie/hardcore, veteren/normal, veteren/hardcore...and becoming stronger pvp'ers.  I don't know if a vote from a non-pvp'er counts...but there's my 2-cents worth anyhow. Smile
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
(2013-07-15, 07:17 PM)Char02 Wrote: Okay, you guys know I don't pvp...however, looking at this from the perspective of a veteran player who might someday get into pvp and have to start from scratch, why not have all of the initially mentioned options?  First, the player requesting the pvp chooses either "Newbie" or "Veteren"...then chooses "Normal" or "Hardcore".  The player receiving the pvp either accepts or delines the match according to the conditions selected by the requester.  I have seen many times where players wish to test their monsters and may want to see what they are working against during the match in order to know better what to improve upon for the serious matches.  I can also see new pvp'ers learning their way through the steps...i.e: newbie/normal, newbie/hardcore, veteren/normal, veteren/hardcore...and becoming stronger pvp'ers.  I don't know if a vote from a non-pvp'er counts...but there's my 2-cents worth anyhow. Smile

I think this is a great suggestion and iirc I think Freak suggested something very similar. The problem I see with this atm is that we dont have a solid "base pvp system" that works smoothly yet.

I think once we have a system that runs well, then we may be able to implement something like you've suggested (which Im all for btw).
(2013-07-15, 07:21 PM)Knost Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 07:17 PM)Char02 Wrote: Okay, you guys know I don't pvp...however, looking at this from the perspective of a veteran player who might someday get into pvp and have to start from scratch, why not have all of the initially mentioned options?  First, the player requesting the pvp chooses either "Newbie" or "Veteren"...then chooses "Normal" or "Hardcore".  The player receiving the pvp either accepts or delines the match according to the conditions selected by the requester.  I have seen many times where players wish to test their monsters and may want to see what they are working against during the match in order to know better what to improve upon for the serious matches.  I can also see new pvp'ers learning their way through the steps...i.e: newbie/normal, newbie/hardcore, veteren/normal, veteren/hardcore...and becoming stronger pvp'ers.  I don't know if a vote from a non-pvp'er counts...but there's my 2-cents worth anyhow. Smile

I think this is a great suggestion and iirc I think Freak suggested something very similar. The problem I see with this atm is that we dont have a solid "base pvp system" that works smoothly yet.

I think once we have a system that runs well, then we may be able to implement something like you've suggested (which Im all for btw).

But we can try it? And maybe it work? And when not you delete itSmile

yes the problem is however that it will tke time to implement all. the veteran newbie thing is easy to do, it just determines the time and move count... However, and thats why I made this thread, I believe thats the whole pvp system should change and thats why I suggested 1a and b. And if enough people want the change, cefurkan might change it. But if f.e. most people were confident with the current system, then why overdo everything? More or less, this thread is to find out how many people would prefer the new suggested version over the current one