Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PR Chapter 5: The Road To Victory...Or Defeat. (Part 2)
Pokemon Rausten
Chapter 5: The Road To Victory...Or Defeat. (Part 2)

Evan follows Jared along the street to Jared's uncle's house. After a few minutes of walking, they near the outskirts of town. Jared takes a quick right and follows a small dirt road. The road leads them to a two-story house, in the shadow of a skyscraper. A woman is outside with a Roselia and Wartortle in a small garden. The Roselia plants seeds, which the Wartortle sprays with a bit of Water Gun. She stands up and waves to Jared. He opens the gate and goes in the yard. "Aunt Mary!" Jared shouts as he runs up to her. They hug and Jared introduces Evan. "This is my friend, Evan. He's from Renaville across the river. He's a Pokemon trainer like me!" Mary holds out her hand. "Nice to meet you Evan, I'm Jared's aunt, Mary. Welcome to our lovely little home." Evan takes her hand and shakes it, "Nice to meet you too. So what are your Pokemon doing?" He gestures towards the Wartortle and Roselia, who are still at work in the garden. "They're helping me plant vegetables in my garden." Mary says, then calls to them. "Shell, Rose, Come meet our new guest." The two Pokemon walk up and each give a little bow to Evan. Jared pulls out his Pokeballs. "Hey guys, remember Starly and Treeko?" Jared tosses his Pokeballs and the two come out.

Starly and Rose greet each other as good friends. Treeko and Shell stare each other in the eye for a second. "Uh oh..." Jared says. "What's going on?" Evan asks. Before Jared can answer, Shell uses Water Gun on Treeko. Treeko avoids it and uses Bullet Seed, which Shell stands and takes in the bottom of his shell. He laughs at Treeko, who gets angry and runs up to Shell. He begins pounding at his shell, which has zero to no affect on the turtle. Treeko hops back, panting from attempting to fight. Shell walks back to the house laughing. Treeko sits on the ground defeated. He utters a small sigh and hangs his head. "Why did Treeko fight your Wartortle like that, Mary?" Jared returns Treeko to his ball and says, "It's not her Wartortle, it's my cousin Mark's." Mary nods in agreement. "Treeko's angry because Shell evolved before he did, even though they hatched at the same time. They actually used to be best friends." Evan looks at the Pokeball in Jared's hand. "Well, that's too bad." Mary returns Rose to her ball, and Jared does the same with Starly. "Well boys, might there be a reason why you've stopped by?" she says as she picks up her gardening tools. "Actually there is," Jared says, "Me and Evan decided we're gonna set out on an adventure. He wants to get all the badges, and I wanna become the best coordinator. We were gonna come get supplies, but we ran into some trouble with some boy." Jared then tells his aunt the story of what happened. "Oh that's awful!" Mary says, "Let's go inside and tell your Uncle Max, he knows the Police Chief." They go up the path into the house to find Jared's uncle.

The house looked nothing like the outside portrayed. There were fabulous works of art everywhere in the house. As soon as you walk in, a huge mural of a field with Pokemon frolicking about can be seen. There were also sculptures on different tables around the house as well. While entering the living room, Evan sees a sculpture of two Bellsprouts holding up a Pokeball. The Pokeball seems so real Evan almost wants to touch it, just to see if it is. They enter the living room and the TV is on. A couch is placed in front of the TV, and a man is sitting on the couch next to Shell. "Max," Mary says, "Jared's here, and he brought a friend." The TV turns off and Max stands up, stretching his legs. "Jared!" he says as he hugs Jared, "How has my favorite nephew been?" Jared smiles and hugs him back, "I'm your only nephew, Uncle Max." Max laughs, "So you are. And who's your friend?" "That's my friend Evan, he's a trainer from Renaville." Max shakes Evan's hand. "Oh so you're from Renaville then? I suppose you know the Professor then?" Evan asks, "Yeah I do, he gave me my first Pokemon, Totodile." Evan takes out Totodile's ball and releases him. Totodile hops up and down, excitedly. Shell hops off the couch and sees the new water Pokemon. Shell smiles and pats Totodile on the shoulder, who returns the same gesture. "Wow," Evan says, "They became friends so quickly." "Of course," Max says, "They're both water Pokemon. They have a type connection. You ever hear the saying 'Birds of a feather, flock together'? Well, Pokemon of the same type generally hang out together. That's why trainers who stick to one type generally form a good bond with all their Pokemon." Max pets Totodile on the top of his head. "So what brings you boys out here? Going on a journey I suppose?" The boys reply, "Yeah. But we kinda need your help first. A mean guy named Hart stole Evan's Scizor after a trade, and we need you to tell the police so they can do something." Max places his hand on Evan's shoulder, "I'm sorry," he says apologetically, "There have been numerous accounts of Pokemon being stolen because of this biker gang that hangs out around Cyrem. They call themselves the Beedrill Bandits. That boy probably stole your Pokemon to get into the gang. I'm afraid that until they're caught, your Scizor is lost." Evan's heart sinks, "So there's nothing you can do?" he asks around the lump in his throat. Max nods slowly, "I'm afraid so." Evan wipes the tears in his eyes. "Do you know where they are?" Max looks at him puzzled, "Well, I think so. But I don't think you can do much." Evan pulls out his other Pokeball. "Me, Totodile, and Pidgey are gonna try at least. I want my Scizor back." Max smiles, "Well you have alot of spirit, and I hope you the best. Get in the car boys, I'll take you there." They all go out the door and get in the small car in the driveway. They head towards town, ready to battle.

Max takes them to what was supposed to be a skyscraper that never got finished. Halfway up the tower, a jumble of girders and pipes shows where the workers had stopped. Graffiti covered the outside walls. Mostly of Pokeballs and Beedrills. "This is the place." Max says as they get out of the car. "I wish you boys the best of luck. I hope you make it out safely. I'll try to get the police out here as soon as possible. Again, good luck boys." Max drives off, leaving them standing there by the road. Evan turns to Jared and asks, "Are you ready?" Jared nods and they walk into the building.
On the inside, the building is quite run down, with trash everywhere. There are bottles and wrappers piled up in the corners, and other assorted garbage on the floor. The lights are mostly flashlights strapped to the walls and flipped on. They look around and listen for voices. Evan turns his head and hears what sounds like a familiar voice. He points towards a door on the far side of the wall. "I think I hear Hart's voice in there." He says. They go towards the door, and a large man in a motorcycle jacket walks out with Hart at his side. Hart sees Evan and gets surprised. The tall man turns towards Hart, "These friends of yours?" he asks in a gruff voice. Hart shakes his head, "Nope," he says, "Just some losers who want to donate their Pokemon I guess." The man smacks him on the back and laughs. "Hahah, well, I think the gang could use some new Pokemon. Let's see what these boys got. Come on out Machoke!" He tosses his Pokeball and a Machoke pops out. It flexes it's huge muscles at the boys and punches into the ground. "Now, are you boys going to give up your Pokemon, or are you going to fight?" Evan pulls out his Pokeball. "I'm going to beat you!" he says, "Then I'm gonna get back my Scizor from Hart!" Hart holds up the Pokeball. "Sorry, he's mine now." He walks into the back room. Evan goes to follow him, when Machoke hops in front of him and blocks his path. "Where are you goin', son?" the tall man asks, "We still ain't had our battle!" Evan walks backwards slowly. "Alright then," he says, "Come on Pidgey!" he tosses his Pokeball and the little bird pops out and flaps it's wings. "That's more like it!" the man says, "Let's go!"
Pidgey flys up into the air, "Okay Pidgey, Gust!" Pidgey flaps it's wings quickly and air pushes at the Machoke. "You think that'll do anything?" the man says. "Machoke, show that thing your Karate Chop!" Machoke hops into the air and brings it's hand down onto Pidgey. Pidgey flips sideways and barely avoids the chop. "Pidgey, hit it with your Fury Attack!" Pidgey begins pecking repeatedly at Machoke, who blocks most of the shots. "Machoke Karate Chop now!" The man shouts at Machoke. It listens and swings a chop sideways at Pidgey. It connects with Pidgey's wing, which knocks it down to the ground. "Now Machoke," the man says, "finish that thing off with your Mega Punch." Machoke nods and pulls his fist back for a powerful punch.

Suddenly, as Machoke is getting ready to punch, a blast of water comes from the side and knocks it off balance. They all look towards the direction of the water and a boy is standing there. He has black straight hair that hangs over one eye, and standing next to him is a Wartortle. He's wearing a purple long sleeve shirt and black jeans. He smirks and says "Hey Jared, Dad told me you would be here, so me and Shell rushed over. Looks like we got here just in time." Jared smiles, "Mark!" he says, "I'm so glad you're here!" Mark walks up with Shell. "So, you decided to go up against the Beedrill Bandits, looks like you've got some guts, little cousin." Jared shakes his head, "I didn't. My friend Evan did." he points to Evan. "Oh?" Mark says, "Hello Evan, I'm Jared's cousin. You're the one with the Totodile, right?" Evan nods. The man interupts them. "Well now!" he says, "Is this gonna be three on one? That seems kinda unfair. To you! If you're looking for a fight, come on then!" he tosses out two more Pokeballs. A Raticate and a Houndour pop out. Mark walks up, "I suppose I can do it. How about you?" Evan and Jared nod. By this time, Pidgey has gotten up and walks over to where the boys are standing. Jared pulls out his Pokeball and sends out Treeko. Now the boy and their Pokemon are facing the man and his. "Alright then, Raticate, Houndour, Quick Attack! Machoke, get that bird with your Body Slam!" The boys all call out to their Pokemon. "Shell, Water Gun on Houndour!" "Treeko, Bullet Seed!" "Pidgey, Steel Wing!" The six Pokemon meet in the center of the room in a clash of power. Treeko and Raticate quickly begin battling it out. Shell sends the Houndour back in a rush of water, and Pidgey's wing knocks Machoke to the ground. Machoke pops up and gives a quick kick to Pidgey, who hops up and counters with a Gust, knocking Machoke back down. Raticate begins biting at Treeko who blocks all the attacks with swings from his tail. Wartortle blasts the Houndour with water, dousing any flame it's attempting to make. It finally attempts to bite Shell, and finds it's teeth clamped on hard turtle shell. Shell does one more Water Gun, fainting the little dog. "Good job Shell!" Mark says as he returns his Pokemon. The man simply returns his Houndour without a word. Now Treeko has been pounding at Raticate, slowly diminishing it's health. "Now Treeko, finish it with your Bullet Seed!" Treeko sends a stream of seeds at the Raticate, all of which connect with it. It faints on the ground, defeated. Jared returns his Pokemon, as does the man. Now, it's just Pidgey and Machoke battling it out. "Pidgey, use Gust, then hit it with Fury Attack!" Pidgey launches a gust of wind at Machoke, who simply crosses it's arms and stands against the wind. Pidgey swoops down to launch a Fury Attack. "You think that will work?" the man asks with a laugh, "Machoke, Thunder Punch!" Before Evan can tell Pidgey to change course, his beak connects with it's electrically charged fist, sending him flying backwards, paralyzed. "Oh no!" Evan says, "Pidgey, get up! You can do it!" Pidgey attempts to get up and is brought back down by it's paralysis. "Sorry son," the man says with fake sympathy, "That bird of your's is done for! Now Machoke, take it out with your Mega Punch." Machoke walks over and gets ready to finish off Pidgey. As it's walking over, Pidgey suddenly begins to glow. "Whoa!" Evan say in surprise, "What's going on?" Mark tells him, "Pidgey's evolving into Pidgeotto now. Looks like you've trained it well to have it evolve so quickly." They watch as, instead of Pidgey, Pidgeotto stands up with a flourish of it's feathers. It faces the surprised Machoke. "Well now," the man says, "Ain't that somethin'? Too bad it won't help ya much. Machoke, let's finish that thing with your ultimate Two Punch Thunder Strike!" The Machoke's fists become charged up as it makes it's way towards Pidgeotto.

To be continued in the next chapter
Pidgeotto vs. Machoke, Feathers vs. Muscles!

((Well, that was the second part of The Road To Victory...or Defeat. Hope you all enjoyed it. I've made a full recovery and my fingers work just fine. Go ahead and comment, tell me any grammar or spelling mistakes, and give me some ideas for the next chapter ^_^))
[Image: greyvodo.png]
Pigey evolving so was expecting, good chapter Tongue
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
Wait you were expecting it? I'm predictable!!?!?!?! D: *cries*
Moved to Chapters
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Wait...I used to put them in Chapters, then they'd get moved...People need to make up their minds where to move my stuffs.
because you are putting them in chapter form,i say they go in chapters.
(2011-10-13, 06:14 PM)orboknown Wrote: because you are putting them in chapter form,i say they go in chapters.
The chapters are more for the fanfictions of our monsters, not pokemon.

That's why I made "Off-Topic Fanfiction" for things like this.

All Off-topic fanfictions made go there.

And to Grey..

"Why did Treeko fight your Wartortle like that, Mary?" Jared returns Treeko to his ball. "It's not her Wartortle, it's my cousin Mark's."

Mary should say "It's not my Wartortle, it's my cousin Mark's."

Since you said that Mary replied o.o

so move it all back to offtopic FF then?
(2011-10-13, 08:00 PM)orboknown Wrote: so move it all back to offtopic FF then?
I already did before I posted here ._.

So sit down Orb! Or you get no cookies for dinner!

ooooooooooooo
ok then.

I'm sorry dad. ;-;
That's right Orbo, listen to your father! *puts on apron and begins making cookies*

Also, if you look, Mary didn't say it, Jared did, I made that rather unclear... @.@ I fixed it though.
My father is several states away from you.and from dei.and anyone i know on this site.
Are you sure? Because who knows, I might live near him...I might even be him! *dun dun dun*
nah you aint my dad.
...That may be...But I am your mother! *dun dun dun*
definitely not.
(2011-10-13, 10:57 PM)Grey Wrote: ...That may be...But I am your mother! *dun dun dun*
Lmao

and yea you did make it unclear and it didn't really seem like Jared said it at all ._.

if i read it more than in a cursory fashion i would notice almost all the mistakes.
great
waooo, so good
it looks quite nice