Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I believe with the new version of monstermmorpg, should come with new improvements. As you may know the population is growing with more and more active , long-term players. As the new generation grows I believe we should also have a new generation of [cm]s. 
Often times or not, [cm]s aren't on all the time. It's mainly us players who are training, hunting, and collecting badges. The members of the new generation. As you all may have known, there was a recent scam when a member posted a hacked server in chat. Sadly, no [cm] was to be found to delete and ban the user, and prevent any mishaps, but had there been a [cm]s of the new generation, who are onling most of the day and time, it could have been prevented.

Yes you must donate to become a [cm], but not everybody can do that. I believe the title should be earned not given because they donated. A new guy can come in donate such and such money become a [cm] and abuse their powers. Or even if they are voted on by other [cm]s and approved by CeFurkan, doesn't mean they will always work out. They can get the power, and with that power, get power hungry. 

The common saying is " with great power comes great responsibility." I believe that we have players in the member database that have proven themselves to be great candidates to become a [cm]. These people are helpful to newer players, kind, and know how to handle situations correctly.

We have active members here in the M30 forum , and in the M30 game where they help out with the game. Like the wiki page move, or the emails, the move list, the naming of places. We have done a lot to contribute. We are always willing to help, rewards or not. We are dedicated members to the game whether we are [cm]s or not. It would not hurt to give us non [cm]s a chance to become one. If you like the idea it can be incorporated, properly thought out in further detail, and put into effect.

Some [cm]s don't get on as much as they used to and are often inactive. I think that we should have an induction ceremony. Where x amount of candidates are chosen by current [cm]s and are given the chance to become a [cm]. Of those x amount of candidates, 2 or 3 are chosen. There will be different trials, known as trial week consisting of 7 days.  Each day 1 of the x amount of candidates are removed from the contest. Like one day it may be help so and so many people , or handle this situation, and on the final day we are given the [cm] title, and you have to use the power correctly. Maybe one of the current [cm]s goes in disguise and acts like a disrespectful member and see's how you use your [cm] knowledge and power to deal with the situation. 

At the end of trial week, 2 or 3 candidates are left , and a induction ceremony is given to them as they rise to become new [cm]s and help protect the game , keep it fun and safe, and apply the rules. Just a fun thought.

Will finish my thought tomorrow I'm tired and I errors and sentence infragments and what not :0

Your friendly buddy,

Sasori/Phantom
[Image: gHLfEiG.png]
Click If You Want to become a LEGEND
The Legend Arena Leader for the LEGENDS GUILD
I like this idea..but i doubt CeFurkan or any others would accept
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
We can try. My favorite saying is " Try and fail, but never fail to try"
Interesting idea. Although i do see at least one or two cm's online every time I'm on. I don't think there's a shortage of cm's at the moment.
@phanto:mine to ^_^

@Double T; i am on 16 hours a day give or tak *summer,breaks,and weekends[sometimes]* and typically 4 hours every weekday give or take,and sometimes i don't see any cms online..sometimes? who am i kiddin..most of the time
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Interesting,cant wait to see dei,knost,henrie,and cefurkans reply to this
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
i hqve noticed some of  the cms like to ignour newer players..idk if its just me but some do and some are veryhelpful to newer players(ex:aniki)   i would love to ssee this hqppn on acccount of the factthe older cm arnt very helpful
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
This is so true, I was there w/ zach when the user was posting the link and no [cm] was there to delete that post. But the people who were there were "us", the regular players grinding, hunting, ans getting badges. If a couple of us that are on like everyday were a [cm], then incidents like this can be prevented again. Even if real life situations come first, some teens should be [cm] even if we maybe kinda busy. We have to prevent this from ever happening again. We know what comes first, but if we want this game to exceed, to have more valued players, we can't have this game reputation to be ruin by just one person.
Zachmatt sometimes I see cm's clogging the chat with their posts and talking happily in the afternoon. I see Knost and Patrick online now. Even at late night I see a cm online who I never see online in the day. (Different time zones and countries.) I think there are enough active cm's. This is from my experience though.
I fully agree that CM's shouldn't have to pay to get their position, and that potentially this can bring problems. However, currently I have to agree with most of the other people in this thread that currently the cm's are doing a good job.
(2013-02-26, 02:58 AM)Lanster98 Wrote: This is so true, I was there w/ zach when the user was posting the link and no [cm] was there to delete that post. But the people who were there were "us", the regular players grinding, hunting, ans getting badges. If a couple of us that are on like everyday were a [cm], then incidents like this can be prevented again. Even if real life situations come first, some teens should be [cm] even if we maybe kinda busy. We have to prevent this from ever happening again. We know what comes first, but if we want this game to exceed, to have more valued players, we can't have this game reputation to be ruin by just one person.
There's never going to be a way to prevent bad things from ever happening. Cefurkan has it under control.

Count to 10 and breathe. Everything is and will be, OK.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2013-02-26, 03:06 AM)Knost Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 02:58 AM)Lanster98 Wrote: This is so true, I was there w/ zach when the user was posting the link and no [cm] was there to delete that post. But the people who were there were "us", the regular players grinding, hunting, ans getting badges. If a couple of us that are on like everyday were a [cm], then incidents like this can be prevented again. Even if real life situations come first, some teens should be [cm] even if we maybe kinda busy. We have to prevent this from ever happening again. We know what comes first, but if we want this game to exceed, to have more valued players, we can't have this game reputation to be ruin by just one person.
There's never going to be a way to prevent bad things from ever happening. Cefurkan has it under control.

Count to 10 and breathe. Everything is and will be, OK.
Hackers have multiple accounts so really we don't know if this is actually "under control". Even if it is, someone else may do the same thing. And how do games grow? By recommendation and if this game is on Youtube saying that it sucks and stuff because of one person, then it will start losing players.
My point is adding new Cm's isn't an automatic fix. Making a bigger deal about this than it is ( which you are) is what will freak people out. 

The response to this situation was great and Cefurkan is controlling what he can control ( which is a lot). 

Just calm down.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Are you referring to lanster or me ?
(2013-02-26, 03:15 AM)Sasori Wrote: Are you referring to lanster or me ?
Me but what I am saying is kinda true man. -_-'
Lanster. 

I'm not opposed to adding a couple new , but that decision isn't mine to make lol
(2013-02-26, 03:18 AM)Knost Wrote:
Lanster. 

I'm not opposed to adding a couple new , but that decision isn't mine to make lol
Yes I know, its CeFurkan
Let me play devils advocate. Lanster. What knost is saying is correct. Yes there was a problem and CeF and company are doing their best to fix it. Calm down and don't over exaggerate the problem. Newer players may come by see this andd be frightened by it and not want to play in fear of their hard work being futile. So calm down. Let the higher UPS handle the situation. You Zach rock and company have down your best to raise awareness and let the higher UPS know what the situation is. Knost. You have to cut lanster a little slack.she's worried like all of us. One person makes a difference. For instance Martin Luther King Jr.(black history month) , Abraham Lincoln , Micheal Jordan. All these people have made a significant difference and they are only one being. It only takes one time to screw up things. Remember every big thing has a small beginning . So as we should not be frightened we should still be concerned and aware.
(2013-02-26, 03:23 AM)Sasori Wrote: Let me play devils advocate. Lanster. What knost is saying is correct. Yes there was a problem and CeF and company are doing their best to fix it. Calm down and don't over exaggerate the problem. Newer players may come by see this andd be frightened by it and not want to play in fear of their hard work being futile. So calm down. Let the higher UPS handle the situation. You Zach rock and company have down your best to raise awareness and let the higher UPS know what the situation is. Knost. You have to cut lanster a little slack.she's worried like all of us. One person makes a difference. For instance Martin Luther King Jr.(black history month) , Abraham Lincoln , Micheal Jordan. All these people have made a significant difference and they are only one being. It only takes one time to screw up things. Remember every big thing has a small beginning . So as we should not be frightened we should still be concerned and aware.
I'm a dude :[ its cool for mistaking me for a "she" plus my profile picture has L.A.N(my name) -_-'
[Image: keep-calm-and-eat-bacon-art-poster-print.jpg]
Whilst this is a viable idea, I don't think that new CMs are necessary right now...I think that the current CMs are doing a great job, and at the moment, it isn't the right time to recruit people to become CMs when it's mainly as a response to the hacking scam. Maybe in the future...but right now, I think there are enough CMs, and I can name several who are on daily.
Lol I'vebeen dealing with this in chat also. I'm out of slack lol
(2013-02-26, 03:27 AM)iRemember Wrote: [Image: keep-calm-and-eat-bacon-art-poster-print.jpg]
Whilst this is a viable idea, I don't think that new CMs are necessary right now...I think that the current CMs are doing a great job, and at the moment, it isn't the right time to recruit people to become CMs when it's mainly as a response to the hacking scam. Maybe in the future...but right now, I think there are enough CMs, and I can name several who are on daily.

You took the words right out of my head bro. *sigh* One thing we can do is to raise awareness by making skyrock's post(the one which warns us about the fake server) a sticky. Even though this already passed, new players should have warnings in case anything like that happens in the far future.

New player- I'll check the forums
*sees skyrock's post about fake server at the top of the forum list*
Exclamation I'll be on my guard Wink
Yes I know I gotta keep my cool. Yes I know that CeF and other members trying to deal w/ this. Yes I know not to over exaggerate. Yes I know not to alert new players. Go on? Yes I know a lot of stuff, but I am seriously just telling the "truth". Many games, electronics, shoes, etc. get promoted because of "YouTube." I know that to you guys, this website isn't a deal for you, but to new players, YES!!! Yes I know if someone finds out about this, they gonna freak out. Seriously we can not really do much about it now. More hackers maybe on their way to doing the same thing. I don't know if all you care about is a pastime or something, but I actually do like to play, yes I over exaggerate sometimes, but I am telling the truth of what "will happen". I may stop playing(may not be a big deal), but then the trend will continue because of one incident. So really, gamer here, love games, I do not know about you guys. Pastime or hobby? I would love to play this game more often, but stuff like this will make me quit. I love challenge games, and I know that if this game loses players, CeF and others may get worried. I know the reason to creating a game is for "money", but some people want others to enjoy a fun, free game that will bring exciting challenges and to interact with other people. Don't tell me to keep my cool again, etc. I know what to do.

-Lanster98
Lanster Your not overreacting at all. This problem may have passed, but.."Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Certainly something can be done to make sure new players as well as existing players won't fall for the same trap, or maybe a bigger trap in the future.
People here have lost their prized monsters. They will get over it, it's just a game, no big deal, but it's these kinds of problems that drive away players.

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Something worst might happen. This is a cruel world and we gotta take measures.
TT, aren't I telling the truth though? Recommendation by YouTube, again may not be a big deal but it will be one day. Who knows? Maybe someone you know maybe able to do the same thing. I know we can't prevent(we can warn a bit, but still kinda isn't enough). People will come up w/ new stuff to trick people. Trust me on this, I know(I ain't not hacker >_<), this will happen again, but maybe w/ a more experienced hacker... maybe whole server like playstation? We don't really know, keep cool ya, ya, blah, blah Tongue don't respond back to me, I'll keep responding back.(It's true)
@Lan
I believe you. I heard about a game that was taken control of by hackers that blackmailed the owners. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but measures have to be taken to prevent the same thing happening to this game. Crazy but true.
My point (again) isn't that Lan doesn't have good points, but that he's already made them and is continuing to make them over and over again. Which is helping nothing.

Cefurkan will help those who lost their prized mons, measures have been taken to keep this at a one time  situation and awareness has been raised ad nauseum. 

The best thing we can do is calm down, not blow this out of proportion and come up with intelligent ideas to help future players from getting sucked into things like this (love the sticky thread idea). 

All that said, chill out. All this 'the sky is falling' talk is doing is causing drama. 

Hopefully, people can be smart enough to move on and continue playing this game. 

Chill.
most of the cms did not donate any money on the game
i can select new ones with the suggestion of previous ones

donation is important since if someone donates, then he gives importance to the game
with the new version most of the cms are back and there are always 2-3 cms everytime in chat so i dont think there is any need of more cms
We keep our eyes out for players who have been here a long time and spend a great deal of time in the game.  These are the types of players granted CM-ship.

It only takes one Chat Moderator to watch the chat.  We don't really need 17 on at a time. *chuckle*  Anyone wanting to be a CM should just keep playing the game and being active around the forum and chat.  Stick around long enough, and you will usually be promoted.

That said, deep breaths everyone.  Nobody is 'hacking' the game.  The only people who had an issue were the ones 'joining the European server', which does not exist.  Don't trust everything you see in the chat box.  So long as you stick around on Monstermmorpg.com, you are safe.

Locking this thread.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]