Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Monster Desings - Please Comment
Hello everyone! I'm back with a few new works.

The latest commissions were not re-desingning, but replacing a few monster with a new concepts by me.

Let's begin the tour. First I had to replace Jawguile by Psyentists
[Image: jawguile_by_psyentists-d4rzc5c.png]

I didn't wanted to change the main theme to the monster, considering their owners may've got attached to them. So I tried to desing something new yet still somehow reminding on the old monster.

My new concept has been inspired by the Kerivoula picta (painted bat)
[Image: large.jpg]
[Image: Kerivoula-picta.jpg]

Let me present you: Flederjaw the new Steel/Dark type Legendary monster.

[Image: flederjaw___monster_mmorpg_new_concept_b...75x3hd.png]

The second was a little bit more challanging, since I dind't wanted another moth/butterfly monster as the one I had to replace, Behemoth by P00CHYENA.
[Image: behemoth__by_p00chyena-d6b45yd.png]

But I got inspired to another bug Monster that hopefully will win your hearts. It was inspired by one of the collest bugs that I know, a kind of stag beetles, Lucanus cervus.

[Image: stag-beetle--lucanus_cervus.jpg]

Ladies and Gents, here is Lucablo, the Bug/Dark type Zenith monster!

[Image: lucablo___monster_mmorpg_new_concept_by_...75xbgw.png]

And finally but not last, I had to draw a new dragon to replace Herophoenix by RinaTiger-Art

[Image: fakemon___commission_for_herophoenix_by_...689whl.png]

I tried to keep the new one in a similiar color scheme as I didn't wanted to upset the fans of this nice dragon. I hope you will like my dragon as well.

Here it is, Drachnige our new Dragon/Dark type Zenith monster!

[Image: darchnige___monster_mmorpg_new_concept_b...75xc1a.png]

Well, that's all for now, feel free to share your feelings about the changes! Blush

[UPDATE:]

Thank you all for your nice comments and help!

I did wanted Lucablo's carapace to be a bit shiny but not too much since the real Stag beetle is also a bit matte.
And I wanted a dark-blue-greenush single color because he is dark type, but If you think he will look better with color, we
may try Smile Here are the two versions, that I came up with one with the traditional colors of the stag beetle he was based on because it's giving it a bit more highlight and life, and another with a more darker blue because I tought that might fit with it's type.

Tell me which one you like

[Image: lucablo_recoloring_by_hegedusroberto-d75ztb2.png]
[UPDATE]
Alrighty then, Red Lucablo it is Big Grin
I like all three...the Flederjaw is amazing!  

For the Lucablo, maybe something more with the coloring?  I don't know...some kind of highlights or something in the shading?

The original Heropheonix was good, but your concept is good also!

Great work!!
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
Red-Eyes Black Dragon, IS THAT YOU?!?!
lol...that's where I've seen that before!  Thought it looked familiar...
black dragons never fail. 

Awesome work
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
extremely awesome ,everyone loves cool dragons
pm me if you have questions
-bobbob123
Lovely, lovely artwork. Flederjaw and Drachnige are incredible.

I'm incredibly thankful for your adherence to the old concepts while still making them original. You completely reworked a fake evolution into something new, and you kept Drachnige looking like Herophoenix. (I would've liked to see Drach keep Hero's mane, but that can be saved for another monster. Big Grin) Lucablo is looking a bit bland in terms of color, though; I'd recommend taking Char02's advice and adding some highlights to make its carapace look shinier.

Overall, excellent work! You've earned yourself another deviantART watcher. Big Grin
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
Awesome... Love themSmile
Thank you all for your nice comments and help!

Well, I did wanted Lucablo's carapace to be a bit shiny but not too much since the real Stag beetle is also a bit matte.
And I wanted a dark-blue-greenush single color because he is dark type, but If you think he will look better with color, we
may try Smile Here are the two versions, that I came up with one with the traditional colors of the stag beetle he was based on because it's giving it a bit more highlight and life, and another with a more darker blue because I tought that might fit with it's type.

Tell me which one you like

[Image: lucablo_recoloring_by_hegedusroberto-d75ztb2.png]
Very nice!!  I like the top one better...it shows off your artwork better, imo.  The blue hides too much detail.
im with char02 on this one, the first looks awesomesauce.. if it would be ingame now i would run to the spot to get it right away Smile
APPROVED

I luv the dragon <3

The beetle is also amazing.

And the fledderjaw too.

You my friend,
are a genius.
i like how u did drachnige it looks really cool also i like the blue lucablo the dark blue makes the green eyes look more intense and love flegerjaw made him a bug version of a mawhile evo that is really great keep up the good work Robert Fiddler
I agree with the others; I prefer the red Lucablo.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Red lucablo is better yes.
It looks like CeF replaced something other than the monsters you intended, and Jawguile, Behemoth, and Herophoenix are still in the game. Can you talk to him about this?
ok guys it was my mistake that i accidentally assigned Jawguile to 2 different artists at the same time

and they delivered at the same time Big Grin

so i had to use one of them to replace another monster

this Jawguile was matching as elemental type more to replace another monster ^^

sorry about that
i love all of them , you can never go wrong with a black and red dragon
pm me if you have questions
-bobbob123
0_0 SO MUCH EPICNESS CANNOT BE CONTAINED! MIND BLOWN!
[Image: Page%202.png]
BEHOLD! THE DREXLE GOLEM TITAN!
These are awesome, I especially really loved your moth design when I saw it ingame!! Also, very cool mega-mega mawile XD I like where you took that idea a lot.
These are fantastic, and when I saw your moth design in-game, I was very taken with it! Mega-mega mawile is also extremely nice XD I really like where you went with that concept. geometry dash
very good post, thank you for sharing useful information, keep posting
i like this monster, great
I like this character.
They are so beautiful
They are stunning.