Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters going beyond lvl 100
(2012-09-02, 07:32 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: Are we seariously going to do this!? I love this game right now... and im looking forward to the big update, but dont do this... it would ruin the game imo! Some might like it, but i DONT! Wink
don't worry if we bring this, it won't hurt the game
it will make a lot more fun

as i said if i bring this lets give example of hardness

for example Fendark requires 12,000,000 EXP total at the 100 level

so in order to get 101 level you would need to collect 12,000,000 more exp and you won't be able to use exp max or any other item

also don't worry there would not be any bug if i code. so you would be have to hit 12,000,000 EXP and start gaining more with only battling :d

but i did not decide on this issue yet. this maybe possible in the future
(2012-09-02, 07:52 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 07:32 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: Are we seariously going to do this!? I love this game right now... and im looking forward to the big update, but dont do this... it would ruin the game imo! Some might like it, but i DONT! Wink

don't worry if we bring this, it won't hurt the game

it will make a lot more fun

as i said if i bring this lets give example of hardness

for example Fendark requires 12,000,000 EXP total at the 100 level

so in order to get 101 level you would need to collect 12,000,000 more exp and you won't be able to use exp max or any other item

also don't worry there would not be any bug if i code. so you would be have to hit 12,000,000 EXP and start gaining more with only battling :d

but i did not decide on this issue yet. this maybe possible in the future
I like challenges and that sir.. Has to be the ultimate challenge in the game :o

So, after you gain that 12m exp for the next level after 100, will it decrease or go higher?
by thinking about this stuff, it makes it a reality. >.< NO
I agree with viperianw.... NO!
[Image: mmorpgp.jpg]
My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental problems!
Why are you guys against a level higher than 100?

It's a super challenge that it would take even the higher up players to achieve. Also, remember, game is being updated with new maps, NPCs, Ancient Sages (Gym Leaders), so it would kinda be semi-easy to bypass it.

It's easy enough to get to level 100. If the level cap is 200, it's fine because there were other games with levels over.. 38k (38,000) and that was horrible cuz the game was horrible Dodgy
YEAH! but majority doesn't rule here. ;(

:'( Sad Sad

Kami, don't you dare think like that <.<
1. Don't call me "Kami" anymore. My username is SparrowHawk, call me Hawk.
Personally, I think if something like this is going to be implemented now is the ideal time to do it (Like Hawk said, we're updating maps, etc.). I'm sure people won't like all the changes either, but hey! Change takes time to get used to. Eventually you'll probably just get used to it |'D
[Image: GolurkSig.png] Sig by SparrowHawk. Go check his sigs out.
You guys got used to the Averium Isle Maps and now we are getting 520 new, completely different quality maps. That's a big change that you have to get used to :o

That's a whole new challenge because you won't know what monsters you'll come across on these new maps. Just the changing of the maps is a whole challenge because a lot revolves around it.

IMO, changing the level cap to a higher number seems minor to this :/
I am the Lord Viperian, the Bane of the machinations of Change itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2012-09-02, 08:12 PM)Viperianw Wrote: I am the Lord Viperian, the Bane of the machinations of Change itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You fail at your position for not understanding change :o

-typo
there isn't a typo. and for every time i "fail" i get closer to success, so *sniff*.
But im actoually looking forward to the new maps, npc's and new monsters! But i just dont want to change the lvl cap....!
(2012-09-02, 08:17 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: But im actoually looking forward to the new maps, npc's and new monsters! But i just dont want to change the lvl cap....!
Why are you against it? =.=
What gonsalez said. -_-

Because 100 is a versatile number. 100 degrees celsius is boiling point, 100% is an A+, 100 pennies equals a dollar, etc. It's just a good number. Anyways, if we were to make the cap over 100, we would be copying pokemonlake. -_-
Im not quite sure why.... but all the other games i've played with no lvl cap sucks, so i guess thats why i dont like the idea
100 is the square of 10. It is just an all-around good, solid number.
(2012-09-02, 08:23 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: Im not quite sure why.... but all the other games i've played with no lvl cap sucks, so i guess thats why i dont like the idea
Games are different from each other Smile

Anyways, if this is to be added, let's see how it would work out since CeFurkan is the only one who can add to it and make it work.

He said that Exp Max (an item that can make a monster level faster) isn't going to be allowed. So that's 1 easy trick out of the book.

He also said that in order to bypass level 100, you have to take on the initial exp amount before it. So, consider level 100 another challenge level. Fendark is 12m exp at level 100, it takes 12m exp to get to level 101. That's super hard. The question that stands on that is "Will it increase for every level or decrease to a steady pace?" Meaning, will the 12m exp increase so it gets way harder to get up to level 200 (if that's the cap) or will it decrease to around 500,000 exp a level and slowly increase? The 500k exp was just a random number that comes from like.. level 98.

Even the toughest of the players (not being collectors) will have a hard time getting pass level 100. So, everyone is at a fair game there. You can't buy yourself out of level 100 into the 101-200 level area. Monsters will get stronger and we aren't going to be similar to the original boring Pokemon.

If donation came into this, it'd probably be a high price for leveling. Say, $15 USD (once again, random. I can't read minds) just to gain 1 level above 100? So, that's also another easy trick taken away.

Think about the difficulty.
If this gets added.... i hope furkan will make it good! I've said my opinion and we'll se how this will turn out^^
(2012-09-02, 08:30 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 08:23 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: Im not quite sure why.... but all the other games i've played with no lvl cap sucks, so i guess thats why i dont like the idea

Anyways, if this is to be added, let's see how it would work out since CeFurkan is the only one who can add to it and make it work.

He said that Exp Max (an item that can make a monster level faster) isn't going to be allowed. So that's 1 easy trick out of the book.

He also said that in order to bypass level 100, you have to take on the initial exp amount before it. So, consider level 100 another challenge level. Fendark is 12m exp at level 100, it takes 12m exp to get to level 101. That's super hard. The question that stands on that is "Will it increase for every level or decrease to a steady pace?" Meaning, will the 12m exp increase so it gets way harder to get up to level 200 (if that's the cap) or will it decrease to around 500,000 exp a level and slowly increase? The 500k exp was just a random number that comes from like.. level 98.

Even the toughest of the players (not being collectors) will have a hard time getting pass level 100. So, everyone is at a fair game there. You can't buy yourself out of level 100 into the 101-200 level area. Monsters will get stronger and we aren't going to be similar to the original boring Pokemon.

If donation came into this, it'd probably be a high price for leveling. Say, $15 USD (once again, random. I can't read minds) just to gain 1 level above 100? So, that's also another easy trick taken away.

if it comes it will increase or stay same

so like 100-101 = 12m new exp
101-102 = 12m new exp

or increase

100-101 = 12m new exp
101-102 = 13m new exp

Not like current levelling thing Big Grin

but other things come prior now

move generating system
monster assigning system
npc assigning system
(2012-09-02, 08:41 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

101-102 = 12m new exp

or increase

100-101 = 12m new exp
101-102 = 13m new exp

move generating system
monster assigning system
npc assigning system
Yes, of course everything before this has to be added. This isn't as important, just another fun challenging feature.

The way you have it, staying the same or increasing by adding 1 more million exp just makes the challenge even more difficult. Not a lot of users will have monsters over 100 because of it which makes it totally fair.

Achieving the initial level 100 is easy as it is.
(2012-09-02, 08:43 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 08:41 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

101-102 = 12m new exp

or increase

100-101 = 12m new exp
101-102 = 13m new exp

move generating system
monster assigning system
npc assigning system
Yes, of course everything before this has to be added. This isn't as important, just another fun challenging feature.

The way you have it, staying the same or increasing by adding 1 more million exp just makes the challenge even more difficult. Not a lot of users will have monsters over 100 because of it which makes it totally fair.

Achieving the initial level 100 is easy as it is.
yes getting 100 level is not very hard

but the reason is that i don't want people grinding. i want people to collect as many as different monsters. hopefully when we start adding hundreds of new monsters each week, it will be a lot of fun :d

but for super hardcore players we may increase level cap to 200
I'm collecting all the monsters that look cool to me and to raise them to a very high level :O
Don't worry about the collecting, each player is bound to have different monsters and raise them.

It just takes a few tweaking to the top trainers to be suited for both collecting and battling. If it's like that, I'm sure all users will do both. Also, we are getting some old users back as well Smile

200 being the level cap is fine to me. That's why I don't go higher. Having anything above 200 is insane :O
Monster prestige mode o.o
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2012-09-02, 08:55 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: I'm collecting all the monsters that look cool to me and to raise them to a very high level :O
Don't worry about the collecting, each player is bound to have different monsters and raise them.

It just takes a few tweaking to the top trainers to be suited for both collecting and battling. If it's like that, I'm sure all users will do both. Also, we are getting some old users back as well Smile

200 being the level cap is fine to me. That's why I don't go higher. Having anything above 200 is insane :O
i don't think so anybody could hit 200 level Big Grin

well if you have ideas about top trainer ranking system post them at this thread

https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-H...nformation
so will it go on forever? the first post on this said lets be unique, but i know of a pokemon game that kept on going as well, ShockZekrom had a level 250 swampert.
(2012-09-02, 10:14 PM)night phoenix Wrote: so will it go on forever? the first post on this said lets be unique, but i know of a pokemon game that kept on going as well, ShockZekrom had a level 250 swampert.
nothing is decided yet
(2012-09-02, 10:15 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 10:14 PM)night phoenix Wrote: so will it go on forever? the first post on this said lets be unique, but i know of a pokemon game that kept on going as well, ShockZekrom had a level 250 swampert.
nothing is decided yet
why can't we just got to only 100 ? :/ ..if this game wants to be unique,we should just allow 8 mons per team,etc.
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2012-09-02, 10:32 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:

nothing is decided yet

why can't we just got to only 100 ? :/ ..if this game wants to be unique,we should just allow 8 mons per team,etc.
You just failed the meaning of "unique".

8 monsters on a team = a change.
Higher levels than 100 = a change.

They're "unique".
(2012-09-02, 10:35 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 10:32 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:

nothing is decided yet

You just failed the meaning of "unique".

8 monsters on a team = a change.
Higher levels than 100 = a change.

They're "unique".
.-. having levels over 100 will make pvp fail ._.
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]