Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MonsterMMORPG's Lore
Although NPCs are the main priority as of the moment, the suggestion for having in-game lore has spread... And I am willing to help.
I will attempt another shot at a MonsterMMORPG-related FanFiction, focusing on lore, back stories and origins of the Monster World, but I have another Story ongoing (Biohazard)... This thread will serve as a reservation, for this will be my next project Tongue

Things I am thinking of:
  • We need a name to call the MonsterMMORPG world. It's not quite fitting to just call it the "MonsterMMORPG World"
  • We need a name for the zones, not just Grass Zone, Water Zone etc.
  • A title for the FanFic. Titles are important after all.
  • Will I make it as long as the chapters I do in Biohazard (1800+ words per chapter), or keep it short?
Constantly dying yet never dead
Hey Rock I'll try to help you with some names and stuff
Also with stories as I have some of mine to

Imagination - ON
[Image: 30.png] Captain of KARNAGE (PTD)
Elevate World?

Crimson World?

Monstoric World? Big Grin
[Image: patrick_star_signature__by_astra_star-d393bi2.jpg]
I'm interested with using the word Ancient in it. Ancient World would sound like it's the past though...
Naming. Number one problem of the writing process :/
Should it contain word "World" ??
Nope. Not really... It can be a single catchy name... like Skyrim!
oh that's way better, then i'll start soon on whole story and name
Ancient Luxury?

Ancient Galaxy And have like 4 diff galaxys?
Well, for starters, the meaning of lore is wisdom.

So name of the world..

Ancient realm?
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
Realm... Bullseye.. I like it.
i was thinking that but then you said you didn't like the whole idea of Ancient World , cus it sounds to old and ancient Realms sounds old also :o
I just said random stuff..

(but seriously. Lore means wisdom..)

Change it?
But Fj, Lore can mean story too.
Let's just get some rough drafts... separate threads on their lore. I will try making my own... wait, this was my lore thread... it's now spammed ;-;
Ill help.
Not now, I will be drafting chapter 34 so i can get halfway through. For the meanwhile... yeah fj you can draft on this thread if you'd help Tongue
Im using my ipad... So, prolly tommorow night.. Or later...

I make stories... Kinda, well ancient :p
I have name for it already and credits should go to fjkulit, so Name is

WAR - World of Ancient Relm
The World of Supernatural, ugly, cool, awesome, not so awesome, loser, winner Monsters???
(2012-08-30, 04:22 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: The World of Supernatural, ugly, cool, awesome, not so awesome, loser, winner Monsters???
nope too long how about..........the monster realm Undecided nah thats too lame .-.
[Image: 2vkani9.jpg]
Small words FTW 8D
I like the idea of a world what isn't ***World or ***Realm. A one-word name just sounds better. Tongue

How about Telluria? (Root-telluric, meaning 'earthly') Iono, I'm not a naming genius. x'D
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Well, I did suggest the game to be re-named as Ancient League of Monsters with the following points :
  • We have Ancient Monsters
  • An Ancient League (Ancient Sages/Ancient Arenas)
  • Ancient Gems (The badge thingies)
  • Our whole theme revolves around the Ancient times.. Sort of.
this may seem weird but how about naming each zone by thinking of a word that has as many letters as zones in this game and use each letter to name the zones

(example: in kirby returns to dreamland they spelled out "c.r.o.w.n.e.d." with their lvl names)
why not do the same for the story?
hello people of the light and fellow darksiders shall the darkness protect you!

[Image: blackwayve_sig_by_seviper3-d5cijum.jpg]
bump!
Netherworld-ghost
Biosphere-grass
Anachronism Isle-psychic
Archbeast = ancient monsters.
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
The world this game takes place in is interesting, since the people's society seems to be both magic and technology based. While they have scrolls, magical orbs, potions, and sages, they also have monster boxes, knowledge of space, and advanced cities.

Their society also seems to be based around monsters. In fact, it IS based around monsters. They name their cities and roads after the kinds of monsters that live there. Everyone in the world also seems to have at least one monster, suggesting that the humans and monsters have bonds that go very far back. Maybe even being magical, or genetic in some way.

There is more than one of each legendary or ancient in existence. To explain this, I think that legendaries and ancients are just rare species of monsters that are so powerful that they are considered legendary.

Just putting some of my thoughts in. I support the creation of a lore for this game, so good luck with this idea!
(2012-09-15, 04:41 AM)epicfrogninja Wrote: The world this game takes place in is interesting, since the people's society seems to be both magic and technology based. While they have scrolls, magical orbs, potions, and sages, they also have monster boxes, knowledge of space, and advanced cities.

Their society also seems to be based around monsters. In fact, it IS based around monsters. They name their cities and roads after the kinds of monsters that live there. Everyone in the world also seems to have at least one monster, suggesting that the humans and monsters have bonds that go very far back. Maybe even being magical, or genetic in some way.

There is more than one of each legendary or ancient in existence. To explain this, I think that legendaries and ancients are just rare species of monsters that are so powerful that they are considered legendary.
sounds like pokemon
>.>
(2012-09-15, 04:46 AM)fjkulit Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 04:41 AM)epicfrogninja Wrote: The world this game takes place in is interesting, since the people's society seems to be both magic and technology based. While they have scrolls, magical orbs, potions, and sages, they also have monster boxes, knowledge of space, and advanced cities.

sounds like pokemon
>.>

In Pokemon legendaries are pretty much the gods of that world. They are not just very powerful species, butl ancient forces that created the universe.

Also in pokemon, their society seems to be more tech based, without the magic elements.