Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MonsterMMORPG's IRC Channel
Oh yes, today is that day...MonsterMMORPG now has its own official IRC channel! For those of you who don't know already, IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat and it is basically a huge network of servers and channels in which millions of people chat daily. Some MonsterMMORPG users got together and thought that it would be a great idea for there to be an IRC channel for MonsterMMORPG, so players could engage in discussions not necessarily related to the game. We believe that it will help the community become more friendly, and, you know, more like a community.

Before you start chatting with #monstermmorpg, you will need to become familiar with the following rules of the chat:
  • Chatspeak is frowned on. If you're too lazy to expand "ur", "any1", "sum1", etc. to their correct form, then don't bother attending #monstermmorpg.
  • Do not intentionally misspell words. This includes "teh", "liek", "pwn", and other variations.
  • No acronym expanders (lol -> Laughing Out Loud). They are irritating.
  • No auto-greets. If you like someone enough to greet them, then do so.
  • Do not ask questions that can be easily answered by browsing the FAQ. Likewise, if you can figure it out through a quick Google query, please DO so and don't bother the channel.
  • IRC is not your personal diary. Don't interrupt established conversation with whatever is currently rambling through your mind. Most of the time, no one cares. Use common sense for this one, friends.
  • Respect the operators. Anyone with a ~, &, @, or % next to their name on the user list (or a star if you're using Mibbit) is a channel operator. Don't talk back to them, or you might wind up banned.
  • Respect the decisions made by said operators. If you are banned, do not private message anyone asking to be unbanned, or why someone banned you. The ops have their status for a reason; just hope you get unbanned and follow the rules in the future.
  • Do not ask why someone else was banned, or why operator X did Y and Z. The operators know what they are doing and it is none of your business.
  • REFRAIN FROM TYPING MESSAGES IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
  • Don't flood.
  • Don't advertise. That means your website, forums, IRC channel, anything.
By following these rules your experience at #monstermmorpg will definitely be an enjoyable one.

List of #monstermmorpg's channel operators:
  • Guider
  • Dawn (AKA NinjaFish)
  • garbagekeeper
  • Lamb (me!)
  • Orboknown
  • Gekido(Deidara)
So yeah please respect us. We will be keeping the chat clean.

Have fun chatting!

By the way Dawn's a total boss at IRC. Ask her anything you need to ask.
I refuse to use it '-'

I hate IRC chats now.

Also, I H8 UR WRDNG RLZ.

Hah.
Guys, don't mind Dei, he's just depressed at the moment because he didn't have a green person next to his username when he was on.
(2011-09-11, 02:20 AM)Lamb Wrote: Guys, don't mind Dei, he's just depressed at the moment because he didn't have a green person next to his username when he was on.
I want red. Anyways, I don't like IRC Chat. It's ugly compared to the pictures <_<

And the color text is HORRIBLE.

(2011-09-11, 02:22 AM)Deidara Wrote:
(2011-09-11, 02:20 AM)Lamb Wrote: Guys, don't mind Dei, he's just depressed at the moment because he didn't have a green person next to his username when he was on.
I want red. Anyways, I don't like IRC Chat. It's ugly compared to the pictures <_<

And the color text is HORRIBLE.

Learn to use mIRC then. It has better text/color choices. And you can do a lot more stuff on there than the mibbit if you don't like it.

And what pictures? D:
i dont like it... just its format and everything about it.. idk maybe when more people get on i will but for now.. ya.. i dont like it
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
Why not Dark_Flamez?
me neither lol i was on it making lamb annoyed to some extent
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
Well, I'm sorry, but I found it annoying that you were forcing me to guess who you were. >.>
I kinda rather have a chatango instead. Like really, I just really dislike IRC now <_<

I've been on some and they were okay.. a little okay..

But we should have a chat.. like.. on p-o. We should have a chat like that o.o just saying.

but whatever.
Pokemon Online's chat is very similar to IRC's chat, just saying.
(2011-09-11, 03:19 AM)Lamb Wrote: Well, I'm sorry, but I found it annoying that you were forcing me to guess who you were. >.>
you asked who i was and i said guess didnt have to

Credits to SparrowHawk
ya i enjoy chats like p.o or maybe mini chats where u can talk to other players privately not thru just pm but i feel like it will be a long time before that is brought to our game here..
(2011-09-11, 03:20 AM)Pein Wrote:
(2011-09-11, 03:19 AM)Lamb Wrote: Well, I'm sorry, but I found it annoying that you were forcing me to guess who you were. >.>
you asked who i was and i said guess didnt have to

Whatever...

(2011-09-11, 03:21 AM)Dark_Flamez Wrote: ya i enjoy chats like p.o or maybe mini chats where u can talk to other players privately not thru just pm but i feel like it will be a long time before that is brought to our game here..

Like I said before, Pokemon Online's chat is very similar to IRC. Also, IRC has a private chat feature.

lamb i understand but id rather it be on the game and just the look, format, and feel of it doesnt feel right to me =/ i dont like it
(2011-09-11, 03:25 AM)Dark_Flamez Wrote: lamb i understand but id rather it be on the game and just the look, format, and feel of it doesnt feel right to me =/ i dont like it

If you don't like the look, format, and feel of it use mIRC or something.
Voids is there Big Grin
[Image: patrick_star_signature__by_astra_star-d393bi2.jpg]
ill see lamb im occupied by other things right now -.- i am squeezing my anger management ball -.- i want to hit some 1 right now
(2011-09-11, 03:28 AM)Lamb Wrote:
(2011-09-11, 03:25 AM)Dark_Flamez Wrote: lamb i understand but id rather it be on the game and just the look, format, and feel of it doesnt feel right to me =/ i dont like it

We really need to make it official, don't we? There's like a bunch of layouts. I think the gray layout look better: https://prntscr.com/2ztm3

But I'm not so sure how to get that with the Mibbit... Meh. Thinking time.

But mIRC is technically better than Mibbit in terms of function and look. ^^ Mhm.

(2011-09-11, 03:42 AM)Dawn Wrote:
(2011-09-11, 03:28 AM)Lamb Wrote:

We really need to make it official, don't we? There's like a bunch of layouts. I think the gray layout look better: https://prntscr.com/2ztm3

But I'm not so sure how to get that with the Mibbit... Meh. Thinking time.

But mIRC is technically better than Mibbit in terms of function and look. ^^ Mhm.
Then, can you make one please? A chat. Make all the moderators, moderators or whatever.

I should be a moderator there
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
^ nope
dont necessarily need all mods from here ones there i mean how many ppl are actually gonna be on the chat i suggest only super mods

Credits to SparrowHawk
Haha, whatever, I dont want to be a mod at that failistic chat. I just wanna troll there.
CeFurkan Wrote:
now its a fail huh.. of course..
(2011-09-11, 03:47 AM)Nitz_X Wrote: I should be a moderator there

adkfj;akdfj

I learned one important thing from a nice chanop I met and knew for a while.

She told me... that it wasn't always a good idea to make people who didn't know much about the IRC an op or something. I get the reasoning, because right before that, someone accidentally reset the channel just because he was 'experimenting' while he was admin. Plus, most of the staff that do moderate IRC chats do have experience with IRC commands and the like.

I guess, just learn the ins and outs or something. I dunno. I can't do anything about it, since the access list isn't something I can change.
(2011-09-11, 03:50 AM)Dawn Wrote:
(2011-09-11, 03:47 AM)Nitz_X Wrote: I should be a moderator there

adkfj;akdfj

I learned one important thing from a nice chanop I met and knew for a while.

She told me... that it wasn't always a good idea to make people who didn't know much about the IRC an op or something. I get the reasoning, because right before that, someone accidentally reset the channel just because he was 'experimenting' while he was admin. Plus, most of the staff that do moderate IRC chats do have experience with IRC commands and the like.

I guess, just learn the ins and outs or something. I dunno. I can't do anything about it, since the access list isn't something I can change.
U can just use google for commands lmfao XD

Okay, seriously, we need more people in the chat. The deeply romantic conversations Dawn and I have are nice, but it would also be nice if we had some other people to talk to. SO PLEASE COME IN THE CHAT THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Im in there...but not another living soul is in sight...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
im there!
CeFurkan Wrote: