Poll: Which Monster do you like the best from the first batch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reptide
41.67%
Dractanium
41.67%
Psywar
8.33%
Gigagrizz
0%
Juvecub
8.33%
* You voted for this item.

• 19(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Knost's Take. -- New monster Added Finished! --
It's epic o3o although, I recall Cefurkan doesn't really add drawings where the ends are cut... so... you'll have to draw in the rest of the lower body....
Constantly dying yet never dead
Dractanium line work finished...ish. 

This guys gonna be my Ancient Monster I think.

[Image: dracotanium_zpsf0f3732a.png]
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
How can everyone start with lineart like that, and end with a masterpiece? I start with a lineart like taht, too... then I get blasted to bits by the darned coloring QQ
(2013-01-09, 08:51 AM)Rock127 Wrote: How can everyone start with lineart like that, and end with a masterpiece? I start with a lineart like taht, too... then I get blasted to bits by the darned coloring QQ
First off, doing clean line work isn't all that easy...ok its pretty easy, but its not like anyone can do it, so give people that can draw a clean, anatomically correct outline some credit. 

That said, I like to think that it's not so much how clean your lines are, but how clearly you can outline your vision. 

Anyone can trace an animal or put together some clean line work, but if you don't know how to fill it out it doesn't really matter. 

Just practice layering your colors an shadows and you'll get the hang of it eventually. 

Its just like legos.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2013-01-09, 08:39 AM)Knost Wrote: Dractanium line work finished...ish. 

This guys gonna be my Ancient Monster I think.

[Image: dracotanium_zpsf0f3732a.png]
Another sweet-looking monster from knost!
This time it's a Ghost/Dragon, i think, is it?
[Image: 10ic592.jpg]
(2013-01-09, 09:14 AM)Tayjo Wrote: Another sweet-looking monster from knost!
This time it's a Ghost/Dragon, i think, is it?
It will be a Steel/Dragon type.
wow so nice its should be ancient what are u naming it?
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2013-01-09, 11:35 AM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: wow so nice its should be ancient what are u naming it?
It says Dractanium on the post so that's probably the name
oh didnt see that
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Should I make the steel grey/rusty looking, chromed out, or something else.

If something else please provide an example picture of what you mean. 

Thanks people!
Chromed sounds cool..

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmOxFc8b-8SKIE36boFf-..._VY_a-H5u2]
(2013-01-09, 09:32 PM)Knost Wrote: Should I make the steel grey/rusty looking, chromed out, or something else.

If something else please provide an example picture of what you mean. 

Thanks people!
Straight steel gray/rusty with some holes O; exposed reptile skin C: c:
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
What do you work on knost? Photoshop?
[Image: FeraligatrSig.png]
LIKE A BOSS

Sai or gimp iirc,btw knost,may you check my linearts? will be much appreciated (: thanks
I use Gimp.
Make a partner for Dractanium, name it Excagon, it's also Steel-Dragon, but its more ferocious looking, and it has sharp parts around its hull, it's like a blade dragon... Instabuy!

EDIT: It's Excaligon, to amp the Excalibur part of its name...
I cant believe the tenticals guy didnt realize I put tenticals on Dractaniums back for him lol
Eh, I noticed them XD Now feed me for my blade fetish :3 GIVE US EXCALIGON NEXT... please? XD
(2013-01-10, 04:45 AM)Knost Wrote: I cant believe the tenticals guy didnt realize I put tenticals on Dractaniums back for him lol
I saw it lol awesome! Big Grin
(I'm a girl)
Hey- what brush do you use?
Also.... those pure black eyes scare me... *hides*
LIKE A BOSS

@Shock - For what specifically? And those Black eyes will be glowing yellow/white eyes soon.

Update: Have most of the base color done and some of the texture and shadowing done for the main body. Still need to do hands, wings, helmet/head and the actual Dragon (under the armor).

Thoughts so far?
[Image: dracotanium_zps0d204c73.png]
(2013-01-10, 10:14 PM)Knost Wrote: @Shock - For what specifically?

Update: Have most of the base color done and some of the texture and shadowing done for the main body. Still need to do hands, wings, helmet/head and the actual Dragon (under the armor).

Thoughts so far?
[Image: dracotanium_zps0d204c73.png]
For lineart.
Oh my... *passes out from epicness*
LIKE A BOSS

Looks more like a rotting corpse dragon than an iron steel work thingy :o

Looks like a ghost type lol

-this is only right now, for the picture you have up-
Looks great knost, and when you say the actual dragon, you mean that this is just the armor of the dragon?
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
any holes gonna be in th armor? o;
(2013-01-10, 10:18 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Looks more like a rotting corpse dragon than an iron steel work thingy :o

Looks like a ghost type lol

-this is only right now, for the picture you have up-
LMAO Yeah, thats because I only have the rusted metal body up there. 

Once the hands and feet are chromed and the black metal wings look more like metal, it should look closer to what I had in my head. 

Though I never had it looking like a dragon sports car in my head so if thats what the original pitch was, my bad lol

(2013-01-10, 10:22 PM)mike521 Wrote: Looks great knost, and when you say the actual dragon, you mean that this is just the armor of the dragon?
Right.

(2013-01-10, 10:24 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: any holes gonna be in th armor? o;
No I want it to look old and sturdy, not old and breaking down lol

I just use the paint brush with feathered edges size 3.0 (for the most part).
That is awesome knost, can't wait to see what it is gonna look like when it is done
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
Old and sturdy is good for an ancient monster.

But the description might need some tweaking then. The original was more of a "improvement every year" kinda thing, meaning that it grew with the world as we got our material for better technology. More elements discovered and stuff.

Like Titanium, Platinum, Diamond, bla bla.
(2013-01-10, 10:29 PM)mike521 Wrote: That is awesome knost, can't wait to see what it is gonna look like when it is done
Me either lol

I hope these updates help budding artists see how the process works a little as thas why I'm posting them and not just the finished works.
(2013-01-10, 10:32 PM)Knost Wrote:
(2013-01-10, 10:29 PM)mike521 Wrote: That is awesome knost, can't wait to see what it is gonna look like when it is done
Me either lol

I hope these updates help budding artists see how the process works a little as thas why I'm posting them and not just the finished works.
Do you use ink?
If so, how you get that calligraphy look removed?
LIKE A BOSS

• 19(current)