Poll: Support or Don't Support?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Support
66.67%
Don't Support
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Bindings/UI customization
Ok, so my idea is mostly meant to help with the flow of this game. I use a laptop to play this game, and using my trackpad, constantly clicking monster radar and then clicking on run (and, on rare occasions, battle lol) when looking for dima or pota can get annoying. Also when searching in grass, having to click on my items, click on Sort by Letter: A and then click on Attractive Player seems unnecessary. I was thinking we could be given an option to customize key bindings for the different main items on the toolbar, or at least, the game could have preset key bindings on the toolbar. I have noticed that command+R clicks run so I assume incorporating the keyboard into the game a little more has already been considered.

I would also like to point out real quick that I believe this to be an incredibly well made game, especially for a beta, and I know only the very basics about coding video games, so if this is actually a tough feature to put in the game, I want it to be known that this is an extremely minor nuisance at worst. I don't know why it would be tough to put in the game. It seems simple, but once again, I dont know very much about coding so I figured I'd mention that.

Anyway back to my idea, I was also thinking we could also add an option to customize the toolbar itself like putting the main items in the slot of our choice, or putting other items in the toolbar (i.e. attractive player, horrifying player, repel, etc) Basically, I would personally enjoy the ability to customize my UI just a little more.

If anybody has any other UI design related ideas or improvements of my idea just post here and I will edit my post to include any that I think would improve the game.

Thanks to anyone who actually read that whole load of mostly nonsense and poor grammar
-Mal
[Image: dcdfcdfe.jpg]
Okay seriously, I like how people have ideas to improve the game, but can we NOT USE WALL O TEXT?

PLEASE?

I cannot understand anything and most of us do NOT want to take the time to read a wall of text. Please use some paragraphs, more commas, and a bigger font. This is seriously like, illegible.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
Not exactly constructive criticism of my idea, but I will fix this to the best of my ability. Also, I believe I used an appropriate amount of commas. More would be silly.
Since we had more item slots in the toolbar, this was already suggested o.o
(2012-08-05, 05:55 AM)MaliciousMonster Wrote: Not exactly constructive criticism of my idea, but I will fix this to the best of my ability. Also, I believe I used an appropriate amount of commas. More would be silly.
This is quite constructive, since the idea itself is pointless if no one can understand it (which was the point I was trying to make).

I will offer criticism on the idea after it's formatted properly.
CeFurkan Wrote:
haha i said it wasn't constructive on my idea. It was very constructive on proper paper formatting. Normally, I would be more attentive towards this inconvenience, but the time at which I am writing this has affected my brain power. I apologize for the inconvenience.

and Spar I hadn't seen one related to this, but my search was mostly a skimming of thread titles so I see how I may have missed it thanks for letting me know sorry for reposting a suggestion
I wonder if this could be done with a userscript for greasemonkey.

Mods can you leave this open for me? I'm going to see what I can do and then report what get's done when I know more.
CeFurkan Wrote:
Yeah I had just found it myself well I'm glad Cefurkan said it may be added to the new design. Also, at least my key bindings idea does not appear to have been suggested yet so my thread is not pointless haha Besides, I'd like to see what ideas other players had about the UI in general
Tbh, I never really cared about the user interface because I liked the design and I'm very much used to it. The only thing I cared about in my suggestions were improving game play and adding new features.

We've had key bindings suggestions already but it was a bust because you know, we need some of the keys on the keyboard and they already have their automatic functions so none of them would work in the game. (the f# numbers)
I don't know I mean the keys w,s,a,d only work when the game screen is active which is why when you talk in chat you have to click on the screen again before you can move, so why can't the other keys work the same way? Besides, keyboards have a lot of keys. Also, I hadn't seen the key binding one either. One day I'm gonna go through and read them all so I don't rehash old ideas anymore haha
Well, I'm not really all in for the key binding idea.

I can deal with r = run and enter = enter battle.

even though my fingers are now aching.. i'll probably have to start using the touch screen feature more often maybe.

--

gah i hate it when my fingers forget a word that my mind said.
(2012-08-05, 06:21 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Well, I'm really all in for the key binding idea.

I can deal with r = run and enter = enter battle.

even though my fingers are now aching.. i'll probably have to start using the touch screen feature more often maybe.
I actually think this could be done, looking at page script.

If I could figure out the script to make something autopress, there is no reason why I can't bind that via greasemonkey. Someone with more experience than I would have a much easier time doing this, but... Its possible.
CeFurkan Wrote:
O are you one of the people who works on the game Nitz? That is awesome. I'm considering studying programming in college and I find all of what you guys do beyond interesting. Also, if this could actually be put in the game I would love to see it. I feel like it would be a really good, subtle addition to the feel of this game. Thanks so much for testing this idea out for me. It's really appreciated to see how responsive you guys are.
(2012-08-05, 06:36 AM)MaliciousMonster Wrote: O are you one of the people who works on the game Nitz? That is awesome. I'm considering studying programming in college and I find all of what you guys do beyond interesting. Also, if this could actually be put in the game I would love to see it. I feel like it would be a really good, subtle addition to the feel of this game.
He doesn't work on monster mmorpg lol
(2012-08-05, 06:36 AM)MaliciousMonster Wrote: O are you one of the people who works on the game Nitz? That is awesome. I'm considering studying programming in college and I find all of what you guys do beyond interesting. Also, if this could actually be put in the game I would love to see it. I feel like it would be a really good, subtle addition to the feel of this game.
I do not work on the game, but I do have some IT knowledge, its very basic though.

I know very minor programming.

It looks like I'll have to play with some javascript, and if I can get that to work, I might be able to change it to a userscript. You'd need to get Firefox and add Greasemonkey to use it, but I'm sure this can be done, may the great Princess Celestia smite me down if it can't x.X

I'll look into this when I'm more awake, right now I'm not processing more half of what I read so this is impossible.
CeFurkan Wrote:
O haha well he seems to know a enough about it so Ill take it. He may not be official, but hey, all help is appreciated.

well thanks a lot for the support Nitz