Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Interested in Debating?
Hey everyone, I don't think many people are aware of this but there is a section of this forum dedicated to debating called "Debate Hall". However in order to join this exclusive section requires being inducted into the debators. To be inducted you must prove you can debate thoughtfully.

So this thread is to inform everyone that such an area exists and to see if this is something anyone is interested in.

Topics have included:
- People and Technology - is today's society more dependent on technology than in the past?
- The Use of Profanity - What makes the words so inappropriate?
- Bullying
- Piracy - Should actions be taken?

(2013-12-05, 12:42 AM)orboknown Wrote: The typical measure for getting in is a pm debate with a member,typically me or sparrowhawkyou must be 14 or older to do this
You gain access to the forum once you get approved and cefurkan  edits your permissions

(2013-12-05, 07:35 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Pick a mature topic to discuss in pm. If you defend your side efficiently, we will discuss it and come to a group vote on whether you join or not.
It's really easy.

Give us a topic and explain your side. We have to defend the opposing side and if you can convince us why your side is in the right (or wrong) then you join.
Don't give us a simple topic that seems stupid. Give something reasonable that can be explained on both sides. (PRO vs. CON)

I'm open for pms whenever. Orboknown doesn't need 5 different topics at a time, he's already crazy. :p

SparrowHawk has offered some potential topics that you send a pm about.

(2013-12-05, 07:51 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: A few topics of interests that have not been introduced to the Debate Hall :
  • Is television an effective way of building the minds of children?
  • Are "violent" video games appropriate for children?
  • Are single sex schools more effective than co-ed?
  • Do celebrities get away with more crime?
  • Should High schools provide daycare services for students with babies? (I had the same idea.)
There are many of topics out there. You can also use resources to support your answer. Make sure you give us a link to your resource if it was found using the Internet.

Members:
- Orboknown
- SparrowHawk
- Knost
- PcKaveman
- Snoozn
- Anomandaris Giovanni Rake
- Uncle Lung Fish
- Nitz_x
- Pein
- Rock gyo
- Lamb
- Guider 456
- KingOH
- Quanto_Konami

(Will update list as more people join)

Please send pms to anyone that is a member of Debate Hall. I suggest Sparrowhawk, Orboknown and myself for the time being simply because I know the three of us will get back right away.

Other members of Debate Hall, if you are still active and are willing to receive pms then just let me know
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
The typical measure for getting in is a pm debate with a member,typically me or sparrowhawkyou must be 14 or older to do this
You gain access to the forum once you get approved and cefurkan edits your permissions
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Hmmm.....idk if i'd be good at this, but i'll try Big Grin
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
Just shoot one of us a pm with the topic and which side you are taking
Alright are the topics you listed the ones we're debating right now?
The dh has a few different rules concerning topics, but take any topic you want.l

Just wondering if we should list the members already in pck
Those are topics that could be used. If it helps people I can offer up suggested topics

Edit: I'll add a list in the first post
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
Oh, ok then. I like the bullying topic.
Just remember to.pm us which side you are taking
I don't care to join a debate hall, but I'd love to debate that there is nothing wrong with profanity. I think it's a colorful and creative way to express your emotions.
Take it up with cef. I would love to expand the language barriers in chat
I think you could have fun in the debate hall there Alduin. It's a place to argue with people essentially. Besides, you can offer up topics as well and see what other people's opinions are on them.
i should try this once again......sometime maybe Tongue
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
If I forgot your name on the list and you were previously a debater (Person with access to Debate Hall), just let me know Smile I tried to add as many people as I could
Pick a mature topic to discuss in pm. If you defend your side efficiently, we will discuss it and come to a group vote on whether you join or not.
It's really easy.

Give us a topic and explain your side. We have to defend the opposing side and if you can convince us why your side is in the right (or wrong) then you join.
Don't give us a simple topic that seems stupid. Give something reasonable that can be explained on both sides. (PRO vs. CON)

I'm open for pms whenever. Orboknown doesn't need 5 different topics at a time, he's already crazy. :p
I can debate, but it depends on what I'm debating on... So I guess I can try it out...
Resident noob
A few topics of interests that have not been introduced to the Debate Hall :
  • Is television an effective way of building the minds of children?
  • Are "violent" video games appropriate for children?
  • Are single sex schools more effective than co-ed?
  • Do celebrities get away with more crime?
  • Should High schools provide daycare services for students with babies? (I had the same idea.)
There are many of topics out there. You can also use resources to support your answer. Make sure you give us a link to your resource if it was found using the Internet.
(2013-12-05, 07:35 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Pick a mature topic to discuss in pm. If you defend your side efficiently, we will discuss it and come to a group vote on whether you join or not.
It's really easy.

All of this is true. But especially the last line. Im sure pck will also be fine wuth handling pns
Which one of you clowns of the debate hall should I PM? Sparrowhawk....Orboknown...Pckaveman...

Hmmm....
Im handling prys atm so go pm one if the other two
do u real wan to debate of new any thing bout game with me or knost viet or duno
[Image: attachment.php?aid=446]
Mm interesting indeed... shall have to keep this thread in mind for the future perhaps...

However, I was wondering why some people had 'debater' under their names; this thread answers that question Tongue
[Image: attachment.php?aid=448]
~^±|I|±^~Pyro Piglet~^±|I|±^~ 
»»»»»»[IGN: Tanklet]««««««
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Tannnkkkkk join
Even though I am doing this in college, I do not think I would be very good at it.  I tend to look at things from as many sides and different angles as I can, before I make a decision... I can even argue against my own points... >.<
(2014-09-28, 04:03 AM)pbmurphy7 Wrote: Even though I am doing this in college, I do not think I would be very good at it.  I tend to look at things from as many sides and different angles as I can, before I make a decision... I can even argue against my own points... >.<
Besides doing it in college, I'm in the same boat as you (:
I'd like to bump this thread with every intention of bumping.. Not every intention, that's just weird. Lol
Anyways.. Bump! Come and debate! Argue! Fun!?

[Image: 1745785111.gif]
You could have just thrown in a topic @SparrowHawk ^.-

How about whether or not bratwurst are "fancy hot dogs" (even though hot dogs are quite different for each country) ?

Or whether or not it is okay or wrong to refer to the monsters in this game as Pokemon? Tongue That certainly opened up quite a debate in chat yesterday!!

Maybe the news today. Do you think they just tell us want our governments want us to hear or whether media is, in fact, impartial?

Just a few ideas Smile
You pc one of the people up top for a debate.. o-o With your topic idea.
If it helps people I can offer up suggested topics
Hello. And Bye.