Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immune Status Attacks
Edit: So it appears that ghost type moves can trap normal type monsters and decrease the accuracy of normal type monsters.  Should this be happening?

Do attacks that are status effects, should they apply, if the monster is immune to the attack?

E.g A psychic attack burns a dark type monster?
No response?
I for one am not sure I understand the question... it's somewhat grammatically ambiguous...

Are you asking if status effects are still applied to an opponent's monster even if it is immune to the attack type itself?
In other words, are you asking if a monster who is immune to psychic attacks could still be burned by a psychic move?
That's proly what he'scasking Tom lol
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
(2013-04-25, 05:08 PM)Cabintom Wrote: I for one am not sure I understand the question... it's somewhat grammatically ambiguous...

Are you asking if status effects are still applied to an opponent's monster even if it is immune to the attack type itself?
In other words, are you asking if a monster who is immune to psychic attacks could still be burned by a psychic move?
That is exactly what I am asking...Smile
I completed a quick test and these were the results:

*Note: the move I used was not a status move, it did damage with an added effect of inflicting a burn

-> The move did no damage because of immunity (as usual)
-> The move did not inflict burn
-> The move did decrease the opponent's stats
Status moves won't work on immume types...

[Image: 8bdb409aa08943509482736.png]
yup status moves dont work on immune monsters or types and that includes perfect body Big Grin
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2013-04-26, 05:51 PM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: yup status moves dont work on immune monsters or types and that includes perfect body Big Grin
My Grimarrow was tickled by a Monason in PVP (and its accuracy was lowered)

Edit: And when my Grimarrow attacks with a ghost type move it can trap normal monsters....
[Image: thelegendssigf.png]
The Bloodbath Arena Leader for the Legends Guild.
My Monster Fanfiction story!
Hopefully someone will have an answer to this before the tournament begins ;-)
Still unanswered Undecided
No support, think that it shouldn't damage the other mon (obviously) but why shouldn't the effect it implies work?
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
Its not a matter of supporting, its a matter of a bug question:
If a ghost type move cant cause a normal monster to be burned should it cause a normal monster to be trapped/have its accuracy lowered?