Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Idea development/social
this thread will be where members can idea-bounce before actually creating a thread for one individual idea.
for example,we could be discussing items and then arrive at the conclusion we need rare items inserted into the game.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.

I have a question/idea/feature whatever...

One thing which disturb me the most is that: When you click on a button, no matter which one the current browser window refreshes. Is there a possibility to open the "client" in a seperate window or could you move it into an iframe or something like that? If it's not possible the just ignore this idea/../.. x3
[Image: joicd6S6fWeMd.png]
Hi all,

I have some idea for the movement in gamepage:

Currently the when player move I thing the client is request to server right away and then reload map region. It feel like laggy. So I think may be the movement and and monster appear rate could apply at the client side for better performance. Client dont know what monster will appear, when user agree to battle the the request will be sent.

Just a thought, dont blame me if I dont know about current system and my bad english.

Thanks

ok,lets get at it now guys.
Cefurkan has agreed to implement the user groups idea. woots.
now we need to set up some guidelines for the different groups. Ie-
who is gonna run certain groups
what the boundaries of each group shall be.
general ideas about requirements for each group.
the UGs as it stands now- https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-U...3#pid57333
ok well i dont know
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
well look at each group.the name says what it is for.
who is good at each of those?
I have an idea Big Grin for options that are serious, have a pop-up pop up that asks "are you sure you want to do this?" becuase twice during a battle, I accidently hit "surrender end battle"... secondly can you please take 2 losses off of my record and two losses off of my monsters please? just the ones on my team. You will notice a few monsters with only 1 loss instead of 2. Thats because the first time I did it, they werent on my team, but since I only did it once, I didnt make a big deal out of it.
Cannot edit your profile and i doubt Cefurkan would.
The "are you sure" thing has been suggested before and pretty much turned down
I'm just going to dump my ideas into a bucket here.

Nice additions I'd like to see:
-multiple monster battles
-maybe a dark blue tint on the gameplay window at night time
-super powerful npc trainer (to give us something to train for, similar to red in pkmnGSC, but higher lvl)
-all the adverts put on the bottom of the page so there's more room for interfaces.
-a total revamp of the battle screen. I can live with lack of animations, but I constantly have to scroll around to figure out whats going on.
-a bump sound when walking into a wall (just so I don't think the game's lagging when i cant walk over a starfish)

New ideas to add flair
Pink slip battles- PvP with one monster on one, where one player has to catch the other's monster to win. (a KO will result in a draw)
Badge system- I know, working on it. But being able to view how many "ancient gems" a player has by clicking them would be nice. It would actually be cool to use that for PvP; (ie: someone who has 6 ancient gems can only duel someone else with 6. Saves time on having to fish profiles for monster levels)
A plot- I'd be willing to drum a storyline up for you guys if you're interested. PM me.
Item Crafting- throw a new twist on gameplay. Combine an enhanced gem with a monster box, catch a vulpace with it and have it turn into a stellpini on the spot.
Original Music- no, I'm not going to tell you to code music into the game, but embedding a music player on the page with a tracklist (like myspace music) could do the trick, like having youtube vids play on the page. (I don't know why, I just like associating music with games. When I hear the GSC dark cave theme, it makes me feel the nostalgia of playing silver for the first time ever)
KO- fainting is for nintendo games. Less similarities to the pokemon series will keep you under the radar.
Chat Channels - keep the giant chatroom, but then make mini channels for each town. It'll probably get more people talking to one another.

Yeah, I make it sound easy, and I know it's probably a pain to code, but hopefully these ideas might be interesting enough to follow up on. I'm really critical about the MMOs I play, but I think this one has potential. I'm loving how I can play this game on my cellphone and internet tv. Can't really do that with other MMOs.
The only problem that I found in it is how much it's slow: the fact that there is a continuous need of refresh and checking for "if I'm walking on wall" really slow down the game ( that take hour of farming in any case ) I don't know, maybe this problem have already been asked, but I really think that something like an application’s client interface would be good to speed up the game. I know that it would ask some line of code, but after all, just coding some map and skin.
And it would enable animation (that even if slow down the game, make it more appealing to newbie. There just a need to put a disabling option somewhere).
Most of the code is still server based - the most important part, the monster stat or gold- enabling only avatar personalization (client only, opponent can't see, but it could be a cool addons) and thing like teleport... (...fly...cough). Making a bot is something possible even for browser game, so nothing would actually change here.

After that the monster art, but ehy! I like mostly only silver/gold poke, and this is a matter of taste to begin with.

I have an idea for the "battle time", why not put our character and Monster as Pokemon?

Explaining:

Well here in this MMORPG you found a monster and when we fight them only we select the action that our monster do to the enemy monster...why dont put our "character" (The human form that we choose) behind our monster like in Pokemon? or that the human throw the monster box and begin to fight like in Pokemon.?

Is only an idea dont say me im so noob Sleepy Confused Dodgy Sad
(2012-02-20, 07:51 PM)Painin97 Wrote: I have an idea for the "battle time", why not put our character and Monster as Pokemon?

Explaining:

Well here in this MMORPG you found a monster and when we fight them only we select the action that our monster do to the enemy monster...why dont put our "character" (The human form that we choose) behind our monster like in Pokemon? or that the human throw the monster box and begin to fight like in Pokemon.?

Someone should draw the sprite, end rescript the battle animation, that is totally null now. Also it *could* slow down the game even more, but it's the kind of improvement that could be added only after a big UI redesign as the one that there is now make this kind of animation hard to script.

(2012-02-21, 02:02 PM)MonsterTek Wrote: Wow so i made a great idea or a noob idea? Confused I dont know but i have another idea. Big Grin
(2012-02-21, 02:02 PM)MonsterTek Wrote: Why dont put "monster masters"? I mean like in Pokemon, all have their bosses and gym badges, why this great MMORPG dont have the same?:
What about gyms and "masters" of certains monsters?
(2012-02-21, 02:02 PM)MonsterTek Wrote: Smile Thats for all.
(2012-02-21, 02:02 PM)MonsterTek Wrote: Posdata: yeah i love Pokemón xD
(2012-02-20, 07:51 PM)Painin97 Wrote: I have an idea for the "battle time", why not put our character and Monster as Pokemon?

Explaining:

Someone should draw the sprite, end rescript the battle animation, that is totally null now. Also it *could* slow down the game even more, but it's the kind of improvement that could be added only after a big UI redesign as the one that there is now make this kind of animation hard to script.

I guess, you miss quoted? You may was tring to say to me that line?
Quote:"Wow so i made a great idea or a noob idea? [img]images/smilies/confused.gif[/img] I dont know but i have another idea. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]"
No, ah... -sorry if my english is just bad- the idea is impossible until some kind of UI redesign -the interface of the game, i think it could be kind of hard to script this kind of animation, before of that-. In any case, an UI redesign would be a good thing because the one that there is now is kind of "unpolish" -I really don't remember how to call it in english-, I have to navigate/scroll to get all the info, and I can't use key to input the command to the monster in battle - or I still haven't find wich one do what -.

For the npc-or gym leader, monster master, call them as you want-... this game is 1 year old, community published. As soon as the gm have fixxed the mayor problem, the story will come.
I would like to ask maybe there will be a pop up when there is a PVP challenge because sometimes I did not realize someone invited me to pvp until that person told me :O
its worth a suggestion, and i think people have wanted this before hydra
My idea: a safari zone, somewhere where you pay alot of gold to catch uncatchable monster's , would be base 2 mill + having to buy special safari boxes at a increased price
You dare Challenge ME ?

Thanks I see, and also when we are in the monster centre, under 'Set Team Monster', the monster we deposit should display what item they are holding instead of have to click on show detailed on every monster to view the item ">.>
(2012-02-24, 05:35 PM)Anomandaris Giovanni Rake Wrote: My idea: a safari zone, somewhere where you pay alot of gold to catch uncatchable monster's , would be base 2 mill + having to buy special safari boxes at a increased price
rain was doing that with his hunting zone, but dropped it
(2012-02-24, 06:02 PM)orboknown Wrote:
(2012-02-24, 05:35 PM)Anomandaris Giovanni Rake Wrote: My idea: a safari zone, somewhere where you pay alot of gold to catch uncatchable monster's , would be base 2 mill + having to buy special safari boxes at a increased price
rain was doing that with his hunting zone, but dropped it
oh , ok well that settles that i guess unless another mod picks it up

You dare Challenge ME ?

Information 
(2011-11-16, 10:26 PM)orboknown Wrote: this thread will be where members can idea-bounce before actually creating a thread for one individual idea.
for example,we could be discussing items and then arrive at the conclusion we need rare items inserted into the game.
In the battle and ''My team'' interface there should say the type of the monster we are choosing or battling with, it could be very helpful when battling Big Grin !!!

explain what you mean by type
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
(2012-03-01, 09:39 PM)Guider456 Wrote: explain what you mean by type
If it is fire type, grass type, etc...

Also making double-battles triple-battles and a new game system without having to refresh every 5 seconds would be cool!!
it does show it all you have to do is click on the monster's picture in battle then click the picture in show details and it'll lead you straight to the monsterdex, where it'll say the monster's type(s).
(2012-03-01, 09:46 PM)Guider456 Wrote: it does show it all you have to is click on the monster's picture in battle then click the picture in show details and it'll lead you straight to the monsterdex, where it'll say the monster's type(s).
Ahhh thanks i didnt knew that Tongue

you are welcome
Dont know how difficult this would be but in pokemon i like to keep my storage boxes organized by number. Would it be possible for us to arrange the way our monsters are sorted in the storage system?
It would probably jusr require a good bit of coding.
That said, i think that for ideas we should try to branch out from anything in pokemon and make this game truely our own.
Put an NPC named Cefurkan that has a full team of level 100's. If you beat it you win 1mil ;w;
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2012-03-07, 11:09 PM)Ghost Wrote: Put an NPC named Cefurkan that has a full team of level 100's. If you beat it you win 1mil ;w;
Lol, too easy.

How about the NPC named CeFurkan that has a full team of level 100's with stats at 999. If you beat it you win 3 million.