Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does Monster encountering system work
Information 
I have been getting a lot of questions about how the encounter system works so let me clarify:

Every time you move a step in monster encounter zones (grass/cave/sky), the system generates a true random number between 1-10,000.
If you add up the encounter percentages of all monsters on the map, it will always equal 100% and each monster is assigned a set of number values with the rarest monsters having the lowest values.

So what does this mean?

A monster with a 0.1% chance of appearing has 10/10,000 chance of appearing. If it is the lowest encountered monster on the map, the numbers 1-10 are assigned to it. That means this monster will be encountered every time a number between 1 and 10 is selected.

Let's say the second rarest monster on the map has a 1% chance at being encountered. This second monster will be assigned the numbers 10-110 and if the random number generator selects any number in that range, this monster will be encountered.
thanks! now we know . . .
*Sigh*. That's how it works huh? Great, just great. Thanks for sharing.
That only means that ancients with encounter rate of 0.01% has a probability of 1/10,000. hmmm!
(2013-03-25, 03:32 AM)Psywar Wrote: That only means that ancients with encounter rate of 0.01% has a probability of 1/10,000. hmmm!

*Gumble*. Geez man. At least it's not higher than 10,000.
Next update ancients will have.. 0.000001 xD lol jk
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
wow... it sounds abit complicated to me but i think i get it abit... sometimes i have a hard time to understand things.. its almost the same chance as finding a shiny pokemon ... am i right??
(2013-03-25, 06:55 AM)Kieshara Wrote: wow... it sounds abit complicated to me but i think i get it abit...  sometimes i have a hard time to understand things.. its almost the same chance as finding a shiny pokemon ... am i right??
sort of

in a sense that you got to be very lucky to find 1. btw encounter rate of shiny in pokemon is 1/8192.
nice to see this Smile
its gonna help
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
1 out of 10,000 chance of finding a ancient. those odds are not in my favor. havent found an ancient yet :/
[Image: gHLfEiG.png]
Click If You Want to become a LEGEND
The Legend Arena Leader for the LEGENDS GUILD
fact:

you haven't tried to count from 1-10,000 in your life ever and you won't do it ever, but you're always trying to find an ancient even if the odds is 1/10,000 =)
I never consciously look for rares. It's a frustrating and tedious process. Instead, I just play the game normally and occasionally, I'm bump into one and be pleasantly surprised. It's much more satisfying that way.
sounds like a good philosophy.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
i don't need to know the numbers to find a monster, i got luck Smile
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
I think if ancients would appear 0.02 percent it would be perfect ! Who agrees ?
This is the signature of Crobbywobby. Nothing more to say.
Thanks for clarifying
Warband Of The Ancients
[Image: sagebunny2_zps4cbebfeb.png]
Thanks for letting us know!

Is there any way you could incorporate a step counter? I think it would be helpful for those who are on the hunt for ancients so that they have a rough idea of how many steps they have taken and how far they are from 10000.
taking ten thousand steps does in no way guarantee that you will find an ancient.  each step has an equal chance of finding an ancient, and that percentage does not lessen or raise dependent on the amount of steps which have been taken.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
I understand how you choose a monster when you get an encounter, but how do you factor the possibility of not encountering a monster. you say it equals up to 100 percent but that leaves no percent for possible no encounter.

also if you've ever taken staticstics you know that the probability follows a normal curve, look it up if you need, its why walking 10000 steps wont automatically find an ancient, that would be to easy

p.s. I have counted to 10000
(2013-05-22, 08:03 PM)lance4494 Wrote: p.s. I have counted to 10000
that's an achievement you should be proud of, you're 1 in a million . . .
(2013-03-24, 05:42 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: I have been getting a lot of questions about how the encounter system works so let me clarify:

Every time you move a step in monster encounter zones (grass/cave/sky), the system generates a true random number between 1-10,000.
If you add up the encounter percentages of all monsters on the map, it will always equal 100% and each monster is assigned a set of number values with the rarest monsters having the lowest values.

So what does this mean?

A monster with a 0.1% chance of appearing has 10/10,000 chance of appearing. If it is the lowest encountered monster on the map, the numbers 1-10 are assigned to it. That means this monster will be encountered every time a number between 1 and 10 is selected.

Let's say the second rarest monster on the map has a 1% chance at being encountered. This second monster will be assigned the numbers 10-110 and if the random number generator selects any number in that range, this monster will be encountered.

okay. sorry if this is nub question.

but...

when you say 1st monster is 1~10
then say 2nd monster is 10~110

what if you land on a 10? you get monster 1 or monster 2?

i read it carefully and i can clearly see you say for monster 1, "...between...". so i would assume monster 1 does not appear when you hit 10. and monster 2 appears when you hit 10.

but when you speak about monster 2 you say, "This second monster will be assigned the numbers 10-110..."

so again sorry if this is of a bother. but can you please clarify?

x.x Why couldn't I find this sooner?

i am still curious about this...

Probably because your logic doesn't make sense.. 
1-10 is mon 1.. So 11-110 will probably be mon 2.

Can't have 10 assigned to two mons..
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
(2013-06-23, 10:06 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: Probably because your logic doesn't make sense.. 
1-10 is mon 1.. So 11-110 will probably be mon 2.

Can't have 10 assigned to two mons..

can you actually confirm such a thing? has the admin specifically stated this? do you have eyes on the code? if not any of this then no you can not confirm this. i am sorry. and don't get me wrong i would assume 10 to be assigned to only a single monster too.

if you read in the quote...

(2013-03-24, 05:42 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: I have been getting a lot of questions about how the encounter system works so let me clarify:

So what does this mean?

you can see the word 'between'. the word 'between' suggests that a 10 spawns monster 2. and since he does say NOT say 'between' in paragraph where i made it Italic. it very much looks like 10 will be monster 2.

but i would still like to confirm this. and the only way to OFFICIALLY confirm it is from CeFurkan or someone who has eyes on the code.

however the admin, CeFurkan does not seem to be very keen on making a response in this topic.

and for...
(2013-05-22, 08:03 PM)lance4494 Wrote: I understand how you choose a monster when you get an encounter, but how do you factor the possibility of not encountering a monster. you say it equals up to 100 percent but that leaves no percent for possible no encounter.

also if you've ever taken staticstics you know that the probability follows a normal curve, look it up if you need, its why walking 10000 steps wont automatically find an ancient, that would be to easy

p.s. I have counted to 10000

i would have to guess there are two dice rolled. the first one to determine if you get an encounter rate or encounter nothing at all. in the case you get an encounter rate then the encounter rate system will randomly roll a number for one of the monsters in that assigned area.

this is just a guess though.
HuhHuhHuh

would be nice to have some official confirmation. but it does not seem like the Admin even cares. :/
(2013-07-04, 05:10 PM)HOTSOUP Wrote: HuhHuhHuh

would be nice to have some official confirmation. but it does not seem like the Admin even cares. :/

if really important things please pm me for fast response

here the thing

(ratio > lowerBound) && (ratio <= upperBound)

what does that mean ?

for example it is ancient
so it has to be 1

and lets say second monster is legendary

so it adds 1 to 8 and = 9

so it has to be greater than previous lower bound 1 and lower or equal to new bound which is 9

if the new number is one of 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 you encounter with legendary
Ancient rates should be raised to 0.02% so I can get more monsters to spend money on.. lol
hi I’m new to the game in playing actually for 3 days now and I like the game but I have a few question, I wanne know if the Attractive Player item you can buy in shop does help in encountering rare monster and also I have experience that I lost not ancient but I have lost 3 Zenith cus I was going too fast to give a better explanation I use my mouse to walk around and I use the R key to run from monster I don’t wane fight sometime you can go pretty fast that way and when the monster your looking for come it happen that I ran form it accidently .... is  there a way that in one of your update (may sound selfish) you can make it so that you can’t run away from a Zenith, Legendary and Ancient monsters Big Grin
(2014-03-15, 04:39 AM)gcanz Wrote: hi I’m new to the game in playing actually for 3 days now and I like the game but I have a few question, I wanne know if the Attractive Player item you can buy in shop does help in encountering rare monster and also I have experience that I lost not ancient but I have lost 3 Zenith cus I was going too fast to give a better explanation I use my mouse to walk around and I use the R key to run from monster I don’t wane fight sometime you can go pretty fast that way and when the monster your looking for come it happen that I ran form it accidently .... is  there a way that in one of your update (may sound selfish) you can make it so that you can’t run away from a Zenith, Legendary and Ancient monsters Big Grin

we made zenith and above 100% run away since people were abusing some encountering speed game mechanics

also attractive player doesn't affect encountering ratios

it just affect how many steps you need to walk to encounter a monster