Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilds Being In-Game
Wink 
I'm not sure about this or how it would work but.. O.o

If you're in a guild, it should be found in your in-game profile too. To post in forum, there should be a legit guild registration thread and you post your registration in that thread and only your registration.

Those who have the authority of approving that guild can post the approval or disapproval. There should be an in-game function in the Control Panel handling who is in a guild and who isn't, only allowed by a guild leader.

We record guild leaders in-game and forum accounts and know who should have access to that tab and who shouldn't. The ranks and other things in a guild have nothing to do in-game, so we shouldn't worry about that.

Under Control Panel, there's a new tab named "Manage Guild" and inside of it would list the following :
  • Adding A Member - Member's Username - This person is added to the guild.
  • Drop A Member - Member's Username - This person is dismissed from the guild.
  • Anything else needed :/
  • Anything else needed :/
Once a member is added, they receive a pm saying they were added to the guild. Same thing with being dismissed.But to be truthful and responsible, members first have to be talked to about joining or leaving before they are added or dismissed.

Feel free to post any suggestions.
we could make "guild leaders" a usergroup and have certain people able to edit user permissions to keep up on all that.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
A lot of people have been asking about this and I would love if it were added in Big Grin will create a pretty unique aspect to the game that will help make it more enjoyable and more friendly.
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
guild's not unique flamez lol.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
well to this game ya most people who have come to this game have never played a game like WoW, COD, etc. and something like a guild can be new to them hence "unique" Big Grin
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
This idea would be cool, especially being able to manage your team outside the forum
You dare Challenge ME ?

For a guild to be completely official, what should the requirements be? If it has all the necessities a guild should have.

Maybe.. A guild logo/mascot?
Guild name, of course.
Leader.
At least 3 members before becoming official?
well if its for the game...the starter would need to be above a certain rank *say in the top 2,000 or whatevs* because it would be kind of hard to set up a system in the game where somebody could create a team...and it get 3 members...berfore it can become an "official" team
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
The Leader's top trainer rank, yes that could work.

Well, each guild has to have a forum thread. That is important '-'

Teams having their own chats, that's on the leader. Not for the game :/
yes...but as it stands its not kosher for teams to have their own chats...in fact players can get into trouble for talking about other chats o.0

And since that is the case...it would be best for them to have their own chats...so they wont have to sneak around o.0
Well, for our own team chats, we can run it by CeFurkan? As long as it's not taboo :/ Perhaps IIRC works.

And it's not really sneaking around as it belongs to the team and only team members can access it.
and some people might say pms are the answer to that dilemna...but have you ever tried having a discussion with 3+ people at the same time via pm?

yeah...we could run it by cefurkan...but we already have...and we know his stand on having chats outside of monstermmorpg

or it could be as simple as having a spot for a chats url to be inserted...and once you are in the team you just click on the chat option to take you to the team chat
Yes Quanto ._. As a mod, I've had plenty of discussions with 5-6 mods, transacted through pm.

I could run my tactics with other leaders. For me, only I can distribute it and I set down rules for distribution. I only let like, 1 other person to be able to distribute my links.
and you know how much of a pain a pm convo can be... also rankings for teams would be nice *while we are dreaming that is* like say the teams get ranked by total points of the various members etc etc

also working on ideas like this is better suited for a semi-private chat then for a forum...for obvious reasons
What if we managed to get 250 guilds here? It would clog the game of different chats for each one.

I believe I had a suggestion about clan ranking already.
and didnt you see my edit to the team chat idea? here I'll repost it "
or it could be as simple as having a spot for a chats url to be inserted...and once you are in the team you just click on the chat option to take you to the team chat"

also even if you already had a suggestion for team ranking...is there anything wrong with me talking about a way it could be ranked in this thread? *since this thread is about how clans would be in the game*
No, I did not. About that "quick list", it'll have to be run through by CeFurkan :/

And no there isn't anything wrong =_= I was just using it as a reference.
Well now that you have referenced it...i'll go look at it and refresh my memory Tongue

Also more on how the clans could be integrated in game...have a permanent quild/clan/team button at the top...
people who are not in a clan would see an application...when they fill it out...if they are high enough rank...the team would be created with the name etc they put...if they are not high enough rank it will display a message on the rquirement(s) to make a team
About that application, where would it be? Should it be both forum and game?

If in-game, about the "Manage Guild" tab, maybe when someone isn't a leader, they don't see the Manage Guild (ofc) but see Register Guild. Then Register Guild will be replaced with Manage Guild, if CeFurkan can do it O.o

Well, before registering in-game, it should be put in forum. That way, we all know who is who and what is what.
eh all my ideas have to do with the game...I may be a forum mod...but i dont have a clue on what to do with the forum *except skins and whatnot...but cefurkan wants a white skin...so there really isnt a point*

also where is the thread with the clan ranking suggestion? *a url for it would be marvelous*
Eh, I just checked it, it doesn't have much. I didn't really put much thought into it then.

It mostly had clan points to deal with clan rankings. Like, if a member of CT battled a member of A, and whoever wins, say it was A that won, the person would've won the whole clan some points to ranking.

It would probably be too graphic for an organizer to do it here or for the browser game to keep a tab on clan experience points. Wait, I'm over thinking. Maybe it could since it keeps track on the individual player.
Alright idea time:

1) Guild Master:

Each guild leader would have a forum title allowing them to semi control their teams thread, the guild master would have a forum button with either something they could design specific to their guild / clan, if they were unable to they could just contact another guild / (or possibly a mod who can do buttons) to make that their forum button, the regular guild members would could choose between keeping their default forum button or take a guild button according to their eank

In game , the Guild Masters would be a group, just like donators and mods (excluding the bright text) when you hovered over the Guild Masters name it would say something like : X-Player, Regular Player and Guild Master, he would be ale to manage application to the team in game (i.e, a regular user fills out the guild application, and it gets approved as meeting the requirements, the Guild Master would receive a Guild Application pm, and would be able to use the Manage Guild portion in game to add the member.

Once added the person applying (if they are accepted) would receive an in game pm, as well as the title under their name of : Member of the "some guild name here"

The manage guild would work with 3 prongs, you could add guild members when they met the requirements and drop members when they wished to quit, this would remove the user's Guild Member title from their profile. Their would also be a quick link to the Guild Masters team forum page under the manage guild option to update the thread with new / leaving members

2) Team Chat : If teams want chat, the leader can set it up themselves, adding team chat in game would slow the entire game down a good bit, plus, as with akatslowi, they could have a forum outside here.

3) Guild Ranks Competitions :

The guilds would receive points when members challenged each other to a guild match pvp, made alliances , etc. with the other guilds, there could be one thread for al the guilds in game to challenge each other, the members could challenge each other by declaring a guild match pvp, (next part is just an idea) there would be one(or more) forum mods, who would be responsible as Guild Mods, they would keep the teams points up to date and assign prizes / whatever else happens to the top guild of that month, the thread would have an all time points section and a points section for any given month

4) Starting A Guild:

To start a Guild , the user would need to be an active forum member (can't let people who won't be active run a team), and have a certain rank in game. to start the Guild they would have to contact one of the (or all of the) Guild Mods for approval of the guild (akatslowi and other established teams could by pass this process) , the applier would need to state the Guild's theme, interested members and provide a link to their profile page for Guild approval. Each Guild Master would be in charge of his guild and manage it, if there is more than one starter of the guild , one ,member would be a Co-Guild Master, and one would be the Guild Master to handle the Guild.

Keeping the Guild Alive :

Each guild would need to have a proof of life type thing, where the members are not only an active pat of the guld's forum presence , but also it's on-line presence, if a Guild Master cannot keep his guild active or himself wants to quit or go inactive, he must provide a letter of inactivity to the Guild Mods, who will discuss with the Guild Master possible options including :

a) The disbanding of the Guild
b) Finding Temporary Guild Leadership
c) being inactive on one side (i.e the Guild Master could be inactive from the MMO side but be an active part of the team from the forum side
You dare Challenge ME ?

Quote:Each guild leader would have a forum title allowing them to semi control their teams thread, the guild master would have a forum button with either something they could design specific to their guild / clan, if they were unable to they could just contact another guild / (or possibly a mod who can do buttons) to make that their forum button, the regular guild members would could choose between keeping their default forum button or take a guild button according to their eank
Sounds nice but one problem...the smallest modship that can be given is for a sub-forum...as of right now..in any forum type I know of...there exists no way to give modship over 1 thread exclusively
Quote:2) Team Chat : If teams want chat, the leader can set it up themselves, adding team chat in game would slow the entire game down a good bit, plus, as with akatslowi, they could have a forum outside here.
And about team chat...I was thinking it could be handled like home pages are here *with just a small section to put a url...but with a slight alteration...only some base addresses would be able to be added for example *and only for example* mibbit,xat etc etc
Quote:4) Starting A Guild:
To start a Guild , the user would need to be an active forum member (can't let people who won't be active run a team), and have a certain rank in game. to start the Guild they would have to contact one of the (or all of the) Guild Mods for approval of the guild (akatslowi and other established teams could by pass this process) , the applier would need to state the Guild's theme, interested members and provide a link to their profile page for Guild approval. Each Guild Master would be in charge of his guild and manage it, if there is more than one starter of the guild , one ,member would be a Co-Guild Master, and one would be the Guild Master to handle the Guild.

Hmm now for a clear cut way to determine activity in forum and game...6 hours plus online on the forum...and rank 2,500 plus in the game? *those are just numbers and can be easily changed*
(2012-04-20, 02:01 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote:
Quote:Each guild leader would have a forum title allowing them to semi control their teams thread, the guild master would have a forum button with either something they could design specific to their guild / clan, if they were unable to they could just contact another guild / (or possibly a mod who can do buttons) to make that their forum button, the regular guild members would could choose between keeping their default forum button or take a guild button according to their eank
Sounds nice but one problem...the smallest modship that can be given is for a sub-forum...as of right now..in any forum type I know of...there exists no way to give modship over 1 thread exclusively
Quote:2) Team Chat : If teams want chat, the leader can set it up themselves, adding team chat in game would slow the entire game down a good bit, plus, as with akatslowi, they could have a forum outside here.
And about team chat...I was thinking it could be handled like home pages are here *with just a small section to put a url...but with a slight alteration...only some base addresses would be able to be added for example *and only for example* mibbit,xat etc etc

Hmm now for a clear cut way to determine activity in forum and game...6 hours plus online on the forum...and rank 2,500 plus in the game? *those are just numbers and can be easily changed*

as i understood it, Uncle has control of the akatslowi page, so i meant that way, also i didn't mean necessarily a mini mod ship, i just meant they could control the main aspects and let have the Guild Mods help the with the rest (hence why there might need to be moe than one guild mod, each one could choose to handle / help x amount of teams

Cefurkan won't allow xat or anything like that right now, so there's no point imo of suggesting team chats, just let them do stuf via pm or set up their own thing.

the numbers could be worked out after the idea was approved ,there's no reason to start making plans before we know what is happening, as long as the players are active the guilds will live otherwise...
You dare Challenge ME ?

Argh, I'll udpate this post with replies =_= I hate reading walls.
(2012-04-20, 01:40 PM)Anomandaris Giovanni Rake Wrote: Alright idea time:

1) Guild Master:

Each guild leader would have a forum title allowing them to semi control their teams thread, the guild master would have a forum button with either something they could design specific to their guild / clan, if they were unable to they could just contact another guild / (or possibly a mod who can do buttons) to make that their forum button, the regular guild members would could choose between keeping their default forum button or take a guild button according to their rank
Semi control their teams thread? Forum button for all members of that guild? A button for each rank or what????

Quote:
In game , the Guild Masters would be a group, just like donators and mods (excluding the bright text) when you hovered over the Guild Masters name it would say something like : X-Player, Regular Player and Guild Master, he would be ale to manage application to the team in game (i.e, a regular user fills out the guild application, and it gets approved as meeting the requirements, the Guild Master would receive a Guild Application pm, and would be able to use the Manage Guild portion in game to add the member.
Different titles than players was a suggestion I think and multiple colors in chat can be crazy for the eyes. Applications is alright and an automatic pm is good too.

Quote:Once added the person applying (if they are accepted) would receive an in game pm, as well as the title under their name of : Member of the "some guild name here"
I kinda thought it would be better in their profile too but it can both ways as the [cm] title does.

Quote:
The manage guild would work with 3 prongs, you could add guild members when they met the requirements and drop members when they wished to quit, this would remove the user's Guild Member title from their profile. Their would also be a quick link to the Guild Masters team forum page under the manage guild option to update the thread with new / leaving members
About that quick link, it could be a new tab in the game. Maybe we can add it under the "Forum" option named "Guilds" and once you click on Guilds, it would give the list of current guilds in-game.

Yes, thank you '-'

Quote:3) Guild Ranks Competitions :

The guilds would receive points when members challenged each other to a guild match pvp, made alliances , etc. with the other guilds, there could be one thread for al the guilds in game to challenge each other, the members could challenge each other by declaring a guild match pvp, (next part is just an idea) there would be one(or more) forum mods, who would be responsible as Guild Mods, they would keep the teams points up to date and assign prizes / whatever else happens to the top guild of that month, the thread would have an all time points section and a points section for any given month
Ehh prizes, I'm not really fond of that and top guild of the month, I'm not fond of that either. About wars, I made that to be declared either on the opposing team's thread or in All-Team Communications.

We might just have a thread for guild applications. About Co-Guild Masters, I don't think we should give them access to Managing Guilds in-game because they could probably damage it. I mean, they can be used as secretaries, you know? Take notes and stuff about updates and pm it to the head master.

Quote:Keeping the Guild Alive :

Each guild would need to have a proof of life type thing, where the members are not only an active pat of the guld's forum presence , but also it's on-line presence, if a Guild Master cannot keep his guild active or himself wants to quit or go inactive, he must provide a letter of inactivity to the Guild Mods, who will discuss with the Guild Master possible options including :

c) being inactive on one side (i.e the Guild Master could be inactive from the MMO side but be an active part of the team from the forum side
A letter of recognition (almost) with a legit reasoning. We can't have them coming in and out in and out making us lock/unlock the thread '-' So maybe, before leaving, we give them a 2-day pass to formulate what their leaving deal is. If the 2 days expire, we lock the thread and they contact us via pm or something about the lock.

Well, instead of being spammed by pms, there should be a thread where no one posts unless they have something about their guilds. Also, another thread stating what everything in the guild is, such as why are requirements necessary and such.

Basically explaining everything about the do's and don'ts of a guild. Also talk about what "disbanding" means, since we do have children O.o Disbanding of the Guild means that your guild will no longer be active and all of your members shall disperse from the guild and do whatever they please.

Bleh.
(2012-04-20, 06:22 PM)Kamidara Wrote: Argh, I'll udpate this post with replies =_= I hate reading walls.
(2012-04-20, 01:40 PM)Anomandaris Giovanni Rake Wrote: Alright idea time:

1) Guild Master:

Each guild leader would have a forum title allowing them to semi control their teams thread, the guild master would have a forum button with either something they could design specific to their guild / clan, if they were unable to they could just contact another guild / (or possibly a mod who can do buttons) to make that their forum button, the regular guild members would could choose between keeping their default forum button or take a guild button according to their rank
Semi control their teams thread? Forum button for all members of that guild? A button for each rank or what????

Quote:In game , the Guild Masters would be a group, just like donators and mods (excluding the bright text) when you hovered over the Guild Masters name it would say something like : X-Player, Regular Player and Guild Master, he would be ale to manage application to the team in game (i.e, a regular user fills out the guild application, and it gets approved as meeting the requirements, the Guild Master would receive a Guild Application pm, and would be able to use the Manage Guild portion in game to add the member.
Different titles than players was a suggestion I think and multiple colors in chat can be crazy for the eyes. Applications is alright and an automatic pm is good too.

Quote:Once added the person applying (if they are accepted) would receive an in game pm, as well as the title under their name of : Member of the "some guild name here"
I kinda thought it would be better in their profile too but it can both ways as the [cm] title does.

Quote:The manage guild would work with 3 prongs, you could add guild members when they met the requirements and drop members when they wished to quit, this would remove the user's Guild Member title from their profile. Their would also be a quick link to the Guild Masters team forum page under the manage guild option to update the thread with new / leaving members
About that quick link, it could be a new tab in the game. Maybe we can add it under the "Forum" option named "Guilds" and once you click on Guilds, it would give the list of current guilds in-game.

Yes, thank you '-'

Quote:3) Guild Ranks Competitions :

Ehh prizes, I'm not really fond of that and top guild of the month, I'm not fond of that either. About wars, I made that to be declared either on the opposing team's thread or in All-Team Communications.

We might just have a thread for guild applications. About Co-Guild Masters, I don't think we should give them access to Managing Guilds in-game because they could probably damage it. I mean, they can be used as secretaries, you know? Take notes and stuff about updates and pm it to the head master.

Quote:Keeping the Guild Alive :

A letter of recognition (almost) with a legit reasoning. We can't have them coming in and out in and out making us lock/unlock the thread '-' So maybe, before leaving, we give them a 2-day pass to formulate what their leaving deal is. If the 2 days expire, we lock the thread and they contact us via pm or something about the lock.

Well, instead of being spammed by pms, there should be a thread where no one posts unless they have something about their guilds. Also, another thread stating what everything in the guild is, such as why are requirements necessary and such.

Basically explaining everything about the do's and don'ts of a guild. Also talk about what "disbanding" means, since we do have children O.o Disbanding of the Guild means that your guild will no longer be active and all of your members shall disperse from the guild and do whatever they please.

Bleh.
Quote: Semi control their teams thread? Forum button for all members of that guild? A button for each rank or what????
The Guild leaders would be in a group assigned to a Guild Mod, the Guild Mod would be the Guild Leader's go between, the Guild Leader would post the initial thread, which they would have the mod's help to edit / change as necessary , this would be the mod's only function beyond regular mod duties.

The buttons could be designed either by the team themselves or by getting someone to do it for them , this is something optional they could design, the forum could have default buttons offered for Guild Leader's and member's.

Quote: Different titles than players was a suggestion I think and multiple colors in chat can be crazy for the eyes. Applications is alright and an automatic pm is good too.
Exactly, there name would remain the same as always , it would just add the guild leader to it, and maybe there could be a functionality for players to have the guild they are in displayed under their name (when hovered over) as well.

Quote:

that would probably be a better place for it, that way there isn't a laundry list of stuff under one tab

Quote: Ehh prizes, I'm not really fond of that and top guild of the month, I'm not fond of that either. About wars, I made that to be declared either on the opposing team's thread or in All-Team Communications.
i didn't mean prizes like monetary or anything, the prizes would be team driven if they decided to do so, for example if one guild wishes to compensate member's for beating rival guild's that up to them. As for declaring war on the opposing team's thread, that would probably work better than my idea.

Quote: We might just have a thread for guild applications. About Co-Guild Masters, I don't think we should give them access to Managing Guilds in-game because they could probably damage it. I mean, they can be used as secretaries, you know? Take notes and stuff about updates and pm it to the head master.
that's kind of what i was getting at, but yes, one would be like the "leader" and the other would be recognized as like the second in command who aids the leader.

As for a thread for guild applications, this could involve my idea of the Guild Mods as well, they would discuss the new guild applications, compare them against whatever requirements need be met to make the guild and speak to the guild's leader about his responsibilities and what the Guild Mods are there for.

Quote:

Exactly, the Guild Leader would tell the Guild Mods (via the letter ) that the team was being disbanded , the Guild Mods would discuss the details of their leave and do whatever was agreed upon , and 2 days sees fair to me to decide

As for the thread about guild stuff, maybe(if the title actually is made) this would be run by the Guild Mods and used by the Guilds for whatever it is they need and each could have there own thread of their Guilds Do's and Dont's , as well as one thread made by the Guild Mods explaining the Guild do's and dont's on a entire game scale.

And as you pointed out we could have like a "My guild is disbanding , what does this mean ?" FAQ type thread, because , like it or not there will probably some guilds that aren't as successful and end up disbanding.
You dare Challenge ME ?

why do you guy's quote so much ,it is so hard for me to read
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
Ikr >.< I get so confused, especially when Rake quotes. Rake, you have several fail quoting lol.

Also, about Guild Mods, Super Mods are automatically them since we are secondary admins. We can assign some green mods there.
eh i like the little back and forth as well *even if it looks like spam*...those walls of text...though easy to read...dont really help me get the creative juices going...
I'm kinda lost. I feel as though we moved from in-game to forum >_>