Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not sure if this has ever been suggested.

I use to play a different browser game where you could download the graphics folder. It had all the monsters, tile sets, and all of the graphics in it. Basically the game would read the graphics off of your computer. This helped with lag and customization.

Customization because it would allow players to change the graphics to better suit their taste. It was a lot of fun to do so and the developer eventually adopted some of the packs for the game so you had an option of a few different ones to choose from the game options. The standard pack was the only one you could use without downloading the files.

Standard you could download and for those who didn't wish to download any content would automatically be locked into it, just as we are now. The game would look just like it is now.

Customized versions would all be downloaded and you would change the pictures in the graphics folder for game. The file name stayed the same only the graphic changed. So if I wanted a Farmouse to look like a killer zombie mouse, i would save the killer zombie mouse as the farmouse file name. Killer zombie mouse would have all the same stats, moves, whatever the farmouse would have but it was different.

I am not that great with computers so I am not sure how it all works with the coding. All I know is it is a browser based game and it worked well for them. The community had a lot of fun with it.

I am not inclined to say which game it was because I am not sure if that would be advertisement. If one of the game developers here would like to know, I will happily pm them the game name.

If a super mod says it is okay, I will list the name so they can see more what I am talking about.

A few other notes. The math, formulas and everything stayed the same, those were unchangeable. It was only a different graphic. That is all.

As far as copyright infringement goes, I am pretty certain there would be none. We would be using the games filenames and the different graphics would be on our harddrive, not the server. So only I would see what I that killer zombie mouse where as anyone else would see a farmouse. (unless of course they changed it to a fluffly bunny mouse or something lol, then they would see that.)

Thank you,
Snoozn
This would be better suited for downloads.

And I don't like it =P

It would be an optional feature for those that wanted to use it. So if you didn't, you just wouldn't use it or download anything and play like we all are now.
But if you are useing Internet explorer the page of the game is already laggy for that browser adding a download feature would make the site crash for Internet explorer users.
[Image: animebanner.png]
(2011-11-06, 07:41 PM)Madmax Wrote: But if you are useing Internet explorer the page of the game is already laggy for that browser adding a download feature would make the site crash for Internet explorer users.
thats why we tell everyone not to use IE.use firefox,chrome or safari.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2011-11-07, 12:57 PM)orboknown Wrote:
(2011-11-06, 07:41 PM)Madmax Wrote: But if you are useing Internet explorer the page of the game is already laggy for that browser adding a download feature would make the site crash for Internet explorer users.
thats why we tell everyone not to use IE.use firefox,chrome or safari.
Safari is butt Tongue
safari works just as good as firefox.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.