Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I used a status move with one of my monsters and it froze it because of the frosty ability.

I have a screen shot of it and I can give my alt account info if needed in PM
[Image: thelegendssigf.png]
The Bloodbath Arena Leader for the Legends Guild.
My Monster Fanfiction story!
you're saying it froze itself when you used a status move?
frosty works only when you use a damage move though :/
and maybe clarify who the "it" mentioned is.
please post screenshot here
Here
[Image: 2cp6gsi.jpg]
The pic is above
drake poison is status...it should freeze the enemy,since it's status and not damage
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Status moves currently do minimal (base power 1) damage because of how they are coded.  So technically, they are damaging moves.

There's two ways this can be fixed:

We can wait for V3, where Status moves won't do the 1-5 damage they currently deal.

OR we can change the wording of these abilities from "when a damaging move is used" to "if your attack successfully hits.

The first is preferable, as it preserves how the game is 'meant' to be played.  The second will make Status moves 20x more powerful, even in V3, as they'll activate these freezing, burning, 'on hit' effects 1000% of the time.  With the evolving weapons update coming soon, this could create a problem.  The weapons (Burning Weapon, etc.) will have a version that inflicts their effect about 30% of the time.  On top of whatever effects the Monster would normally have.

This is a problem currently, but the best fix is patience.  c':
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Agreed.  I figured as much but I thought it should be brought to your attention as this totally kills PVPing for now Undecided

Edit: I think there may be a reasonable programming fix. (Not that I know but it could help)
Is there a way of preventing the trigger if the base power of the move is 1?
Or changing the code for the same reason a Freezing Weapon wont work with a status move by making it apply to physical and special type moves.
Since Cef is working on improving the PvP aspect of the game next, perhaps this should be made one of the important points.  All the same, I'mma just ask that you hang in there.  x'D  It will get fixed, promise.
On further analysis-it doesnt kill PVPing.  That turned out to be a gross exaggeration :-)

But the possibility was certainly there.  Effect Expert+Sleep Master+Scary/Crippling/Mind Breaker+a move that 65% of the time results in sleep or freeze would be pretty bad but such monsters dont exist :-)

Edit: There is a monster that can do the above but the probability of finding such a monster is low :-)
Well, it helps that the chances of an effect occurring are done separately.

Burning Weapon - 10% chance to burn
Attack with Burn Effect - 65% chance to burn
Blazing - 25% chance to burn

It doesn't add up to 100% chance to burn.  It adds up to three chances to burn at the mentioned percentages.  And, of course, Perfect Body and Burn Immunity trumps all of the above, lol.
The immunities are unreliable as they are rarely considered "good" abilities and would not merit placement on a top tier team.
Perfect Body does work and is a top tier ability and there are certainly other ways to circumvent it, 
(priority based strategies and attacks that kill off status also work)
but its a lot more powerful Undecided
But I think the magnitude of the problem is certainly no more severe than a player getting an Ancient with an awesome nature and abilities, which the game is apparently OK with...