Poll: Have you been unlucky today?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
28.57%
No
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today is Friday the 13th

Some Facts & Myths
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Facts
------
Every month that begins on a Sunday will contain a Friday the 13th, and there is at least one "Friday the 13th" in every calendar year. Sometimes, it can occur as many as three times in a single year.

In 2012, 'Friday the 13th' occur in January, April and July.

The fear of Friday the 13th has been called Friggatriskaidekaphobia or Paraskavedekatriaphobia.

The fear of the number 13 is called Triskaidekaphobia.

Friday the 13th is the birthday of some famous personalities.
----------------------------------------------------
Fidel Castro was born on Friday, Aug. 13, 1926.
Canadian actor, Christopher Plummer was born on Friday, December 13, 1929.
Tom Kenny, known for being the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants , was born on Friday, July 13, 1962.
Alfred Hitchcock, famous Film director and film producer, was born on Friday, 13 August 1899.

Myths
---------

"Friday the 13th" is a date considered to be bad luck in western superstition. Several theories have been proposed about the origin of the "Friday the 13th" superstition.

One theory states that it is a modern amalgamation of two older superstitions: that thirteen is an unlucky number and that Friday is an unlucky day.

In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness, as reflected in the twelve months of the year, twelve hours of the clock, twelve gods of Olympus, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve Apostles of Jesus, the 12 successors of Muhammad in Shia Islam, 12 makes a dozen, etc., whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, transgressing this completeness. There is also a superstition, thought by some to derive from the Last Supper or a Norse myth, that having thirteen people seated at a table will result in the death of one of the diners.

Many professions have regarded Friday as an unlucky day to undertake journeys or begin new projects. Black Friday has been associated with stock market crashes and other disasters since the 1800s. Some people refuse to go to work on Friday the 13th; some won't eat in restaurants; many wouldn't think of setting a wedding on the date. Lot of people remain in the grips of this very old superstition.
Okay... so what?
yeah and i didnt even notice

some are lucky on this day though
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
2 hours into the new day (pst) and im unlucky on my game ;0
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
still only 1 engi whole day so quite unlucky
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Had slept in school for my class night.. didn't see any ghosts there lol Smile
[Image: 1z69xds.jpg]
If you want a signature like this, I can make you one by ordering in this thread: http://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-Mu...First-Time
some planes don't have a 13th row of seats.
some hotel's don't have 13th floors.( 11th floor, 12th, 14th...what?)
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2012-07-15, 05:54 PM)orboknown Wrote: some planes don't have a 13th row of seats.
some hotel's don't have 13th floors.( 11th floor, 12th, 14th...what?)
Eh, I killed them all saying that no matter what.. You can name it the 12th floor to the 22nd floor. It will always be the 13th floor, even without a title.
Ahem.

I was born on September 13th, on a Friday.

I don't believe in all this superstitious garbage, a Friday which happens to be the 13th of any given month is just another day.

People need to calm down.

Thanks. Smile
Lamb, you were born on the day Tupac died.
I am the stone that builder refused, I am the visual, the inspiration that made lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright, The same spark that lights the dark, So that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in ya box, The bullet in ya gun, The inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son

The story that just begun, The promise of what's to come, And I'mma remain a soldier till the war is won
(2012-08-04, 07:04 PM)Goat Wrote: Lamb, you were born on the day Tupac died.
;-;
You have encountered a random Goat! this only happens everyone 274890573894675984570983547689034 years!
Goat literally only exists to troll Lamb.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
and to tick off people wrt pokemanz
Lamb and I are the same person. Ever thought of it that way? It all makes sense now...
I am the stone that builder refused, I am the visual, the inspiration that made lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright, The same spark that lights the dark, So that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in ya box, The bullet in ya gun, The inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son

The story that just begun, The promise of what's to come, And I'mma remain a soldier till the war is won
Nah.
(2012-08-04, 08:03 PM)Goat Wrote: Lamb and I are the same person. Ever thought of it that way? It all makes sense now...

Lol. XD