Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we should be able to keep a thread "hiding" from people. say if i am working on a thread for a guild or a competition, and i am getting help by someone, would it not be cool if we could deside to just show for that one person as a private link, but not the entire forum community? i don't want to share a unfinished thread..

If a button or something that was called "keep private" or something came, we could get a private link and whoever got that link could see the thread..

This would also be cool for teams and guilds who want to use the forum in private, talking to each other and having guild competitions that no one else see's since they are not in that guild. 

The forum post count could also get a small "private posts" to add for the total, so that would not be messed up with. 
Just a suggestion Smile
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
Support! Smile

- Xbox
Great idea... But i guess this is something thats difficult to make Tongue
(2013-08-11, 06:12 PM)Arlaxeon Wrote: Great idea... But i guess this is something thats difficult to make Tongue

i dont know Tongue 

i just know that if i was making some kind of thread and wanting ideas on changes/things to add and the person who is helping me is sitting on the other side of the planet i would prefer to show him/her the thread, but i would not want to show a halfdone thread to the entire forum community Smile

I support this! But super mods, game assistants and game admins should be able to see them without getting the link Wink
[Image: mmorpgp.jpg]
My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental problems!
(2013-08-11, 07:13 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: I support this! But super mods, game assistants and game admins should be able to see them without getting the link Wink

yeah, i agree Smile

Well, before making the thread, you can always send a pm to the other user with your ideas and stuff.
Collaborate on it via pm, then when it's ready, you post it as an official thread.
(2013-08-11, 07:20 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Well, before making the thread, you can always send a pm to the other user with your ideas and stuff.
Collaborate on it via pm, then when it's ready, you post it as an official thread.

thats true though, but it would be easier for the other users to see what you mean.. as not everyone is equaly good in english, i think it would be best if we could show what we mean rather that using time on explaining Smile 

just my opinion ofc, others could find it easier the way you just explained

No i want to watch your every move
What if all the Ancient Greek Sculptures are actually Victims of Medusa 0_0
(2013-08-11, 10:15 PM)Zerion Wrote: No i want to watch your every move

Hahahah you are creepy ;-;

theres an idea. I remember seeing something similar on another site a while back, apparently the function had a lot of bugs though.

but still is a neat idea.
(2013-08-15, 09:05 PM)vexsis Wrote: theres an idea. I remember seeing something similar on another site a while back, apparently the function had a lot of bugs though.

but still is a neat idea.

IF the programmers do it well, it should not have any bugs in it^^ but as far as i know, this is impossible to make functionable without bugs.. I just though it was a nice idea really Tongue

i don't think so this is quite easily possible
never heard such feature
(2013-08-16, 11:27 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: i don't think so this is quite easily possible
never heard such feature

I googled some around and found something quite interesting. i did not read entirely everything, but i did read something about privating threads on forums hosted by MyBB, which is what this forum site i hosted by. i can PM you the link if you are interested? Smile

Meh, whatever. since we are hosted by MyBB, i guess it does not hurt to put up a link to their community site lol

https://community.mybb.com/thread-123108.html

Can you share a draft?
[Image: sicktag_by_bohochickky-d7tbbcd.png]
 that would not be messed up with. 
asdfgh
it is good
This allows you to collaborate on a topic for a guild or competition without showing it to the full community until it is complete bitlife. A "keep private" option that provides a private link for selected users to access the thread may be an extremely helpful and practical tool for joint projects or sensitive talks.
asdfghjkldf