Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum search error
whenever i use the search function in the forum and i want to click on one of the displayed threads i get following error 

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

This happens with every thread i get displayed by the search. The threads are still exactly at the place the search functions says so its not like they where deleted or something. I dunno why but you just simply can't get directly to them, which is in my opinion the sense of the search function.
Are you searching for threads by thread name or by posts?
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Yea, this is an issue o-o

Happens to me as well.
Happens to me every single time. I just go into the forum listing where it is and search for the thread there.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
(2013-02-14, 06:06 PM)orboknown Wrote: Are you searching for threads by thread name or by posts?
i search by keywords and the entire post

(2013-02-14, 11:44 PM)TexasToast Wrote: Happens to me every single time. I just go into the forum listing where it is and search for the thread there.
yes that's what i had to do too, but i think this is not the way a search function should work
It mostly happens when you search then you click the direct link to the thread... apparently the 404 error will pop, so instead I look at the section then manually browse Big Grin
Constantly dying yet never dead
(2013-02-15, 08:51 AM)Spawn Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 06:06 PM)orboknown Wrote: Are you searching for threads by thread name or by posts?
If you search by thread name it'll work. I tried it out yesterday before I posted and It worked fine.
Also should screenie the steps for us if possible while you're searching.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2013-02-15, 04:13 PM)orboknown Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 08:51 AM)Spawn Wrote:
If you search by thread name it'll work. I tried it out yesterday before I posted and It worked fine.
Also should screenie the steps for us if possible while you're searching.
now i am kind of confused. As you said i tried searching by thread name and it worked. Then i tried searching by entire post again with the Keyword "unique" and suddenly it worked too. Then i tried the same again (seaching entire post) but with the keywords "unique power" and then i did not work and i get the error again. It is really strange because either by using unique or unique power i get some similar threads which i can access directly when i used "unique" as keyword but can't access when i use "unique power". So i don't really know why it sometimes works and sometimes not.