Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(2011-09-06, 07:17 AM)Treason Wrote: That's not nice. Cm's should have the same rights as we members do.If it wasn't for memebers there wouldn't be any Cm's! and also CeFurkan could of made bots do the work.
You are backwards...

You actually mean "Members should have the same rights as [CM]s" And one thing, we're moderators. Moderators have a private section.

We discuss about different topics that should not be viewed by a regular member. We are still members but in a higher authority position.

Rules and Regulations are everywhere you go. The Law is everywhere you go. You can't escape from it. There are people who enforce rules and laws to maintain peace.

If you don't like it, find 1 place where none of it affects you. There are different types of Governments. Some of them will place bugs in your house to find your private junk. What you do, what you say, whatever. They will see/hear it. Some of the governments don't. Or do they? Tongue

Also, life isn't fair. Get over it.
EDIT: Never Saw That o_O but i back you up Dei
[Image: patrick_star_signature__by_astra_star-d393bi2.jpg]
(2011-09-06, 05:13 PM)Deidara Wrote:
(2011-09-06, 07:17 AM)Treason Wrote: That's not nice. Cm's should have the same rights as we members do.If it wasn't for memebers there wouldn't be any Cm's! and also CeFurkan could of made bots do the work.
You are backwards...

You actually mean "Members should have the same rights as [CM]s" And one thing, we're moderators. Moderators have a private section.

We discuss about different topics that should not be viewed by a regular member. We are still members but in a higher authority position.

Rules and Regulations are everywhere you go. The Law is everywhere you go. You can't escape from it. There are people who enforce rules and laws to maintain peace.

If you don't like it, find 1 place where none of it affects you. There are different types of Governments. Some of them will place bugs in your house to find your private junk. What you do, what you say, whatever. They will see/hear it. Some of the governments don't. Or do they? Tongue

Also, life isn't fair. Get over it.
sounds like ur talking about anarchy at one point lol.
void ur not allowed to mention that site.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Lemme say this...

What could be possibly more important to merit a whole channel to the staff? I don't have a clue as to the staff's actual role in the game development (sprites/graphics/drawings/etc) other than the moderating part. On a different forum/game I'm staff on, we do have a whole forum for staff discussion that's mostly devoted to the updates and ideas that could be implemented, but we don't have an IRC channel for that (not that I know of), and instead use PMs for topics that need to be discussed promptly. But if you really want to, go ahead and make a channel just for the channel staff. I just don't care much for the whole channel idea, since I've never experienced it yet. There isn't much of a need, unless you have a large group of chat mods on at the same time, because it's hard coordinating mass PMs when there's only two people to a PM at any time. There hasn't been a way to conduct a group PM like the forums... unless you make a private channel.
I believe that it would be a great idea to have some sort of IRC channel for people who don't feel like chatting in-game. Most of the in-game chat is related to the game, and the general topics being discussed rarely change to things not related to the game. An IRC chat would allow users to chat about topics not necessarily directly related to the game, and it would serve as a place to just hang on out and chat. It is incredibly easy to create a channel, and we could go and make a channel very easily on some server. Like #monstermmorpg on SynIRC or something. The idea of a chat only for Chat Masters seems a bit ridiculous to be honest, because, seriously, what the heck are you going to talk about? Are you going to complain about some users are being ridiculous or something? The lack of topics to be discussed in an all Chat Master chat will probably be a problem, and I think that the chat will probably be used for Chat Masters to have "private conversations" about things not even related to the game. Like Dawn said, the only thing Chat Masters really need to discuss is matters about game development, and that can easily be done through PMs or through the secret forum board. A chat only for Chat Masters is not needed.
Dei , the law is dead and the human is alive :p
(2011-09-07, 11:06 AM)Lamb Wrote: I believe that it would be a great idea to have some sort of IRC channel for people who don't feel like chatting in-game. Most of the in-game chat is related to the game, and the general topics being discussed rarely change to things not related to the game. An IRC chat would allow users to chat about topics not necessarily directly related to the game, and it would serve as a place to just hang on out and chat. It is incredibly easy to create a channel, and we could go and make a channel very easily on some server. Like #monstermmorpg on SynIRC or something. The idea of a chat only for Chat Masters seems a bit ridiculous to be honest, because, seriously, what the heck are you going to talk about? Are you going to complain about some users are being ridiculous or something? The lack of topics to be discussed in an all Chat Master chat will probably be a problem, and I think that the chat will probably be used for Chat Masters to have "private conversations" about things not even related to the game. Like Dawn said, the only thing Chat Masters really need to discuss is matters about game development, and that can easily be done through PMs or through the secret forum board. A chat only for Chat Masters is not needed.
I didn't even bring up the only chat master server so Ima ignore the rest of that crap.

Anyways.. *hugs Lamb* Smile
friendly hug.. Not love. I don't love you.

And that is exactly why I wanted an IRC Chat in our forum. The in-game chat sucks <_< It does.

It doesn't have to be an IRC Chat. It can be any chat. As long as it's in the forum :/

But I recommend an IRC Chat.

Shoutbox is easy to use too.
I support.
Whew. Well this was a trip down memory lane.
Thumbs Down 
nice ideaSmile
but i think forum is not for chat its for discussion
I don't want to continue a discussion from almost 6 years ago, since this idea will most probably not come about. However, I still think it was a good idea.

(2017-04-11, 11:25 AM)GurvinderSingh Wrote: but i think forum is not for chat its for discussion

I definitely agree that forums provide a place for more thought-out discussions, which is useful and needed. However, I also think that an IRC channel (or I guess now with fancier chat mediums, we can go with something like Discord) provides a place for a different type of discussion, where people can speak their thoughts in real-time. There's a time and place for both, and I still think that having both would be beneficial overall.
Dang. All these OG players. It was a great time
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
You're the real OG here Smile
I miss all you guys, but I guess everyone has to move on eventually. Big Grin It sure was a great time though
It really was! I have so many nice memories from back then. Actually, I'm still somewhat in contact with a bunch of people whom you may remember. I still technically have contacts with Nightcore, Guider, snowprincess, mvnator, GiantBlobofSlime, Ash (I forgot her actual username but I think it was Ash-something lol), orboknown...and I think that's it (I'm seeing some other people on my FB friend list right now but I'm forgetting their usernames Sad). Nitz_x deactivated his Facebook so I lost contact with him, and orboknown is inactive on FB so I guess I lost contact with him as well. Nightcore is the only person I really still talk to on a regular basis; I showed her this thread and we were reminiscing about old times... was definitely a nice nostalgia trip! Smile
(2017-04-21, 04:46 PM)Lamb Wrote: It really was! I have so many nice memories from back then. Actually, I'm still somewhat in contact with a bunch of people whom you may remember. I still technically have contacts with Nightcore, Guider, snowprincess, mvnator, GiantBlobofSlime, Ash (I forgot her actual username but I think it was Ash-something lol), orboknown...and I think that's it (I'm seeing some other people on my FB friend list right now but I'm forgetting their usernames Sad). Nitz_x deactivated his Facebook so I lost contact with him, and orboknown is inactive on FB so I guess I lost contact with him as well. Nightcore is the only person I really still talk to on a regular basis; I showed her this thread and we were reminiscing about old times... was definitely a nice nostalgia trip! Smile

Dang. That's nice! I don't really have contact with anyone OG anymore
Well, you have me! Big Grin
(2017-05-24, 09:37 PM)Lamb Wrote: Well, you have me! Big Grin

True :p
(2017-04-12, 07:55 PM)Lamb Wrote: I don't want to continue a discussion from almost 6 years ago, since this idea will most probably not come about. However, I still think it was a good idea.

(2017-04-11, 11:25 AM)GurvinderSingh Wrote: but i think forum is not for chat its for discussion

I definitely agree that forums provide a place for more thought-out discussions, which is useful and needed. However, I also think that an IRC channel (or I guess now with fancier chat mediums, we can go with something like Discord) provides a place for a different type of discussion, where people can speak their thoughts in real-time. There's a time and place for both, and I still think that having both would be beneficial overall.

I think an IRC is a great idea in bringing in more people and keeping the community together. Most places have moved from older forms of communication and started using Discord as a method of socialization and community building. And many people have Discord accounts anyways and if not, it's super easy to make one.

People like to talk and I believe having a quick and free way to access a platform where they can chat is definitely beneficial for everyone.

In-game chat...is well...ok but using something like Discord would definitely help keep the community alive.