Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, fabulous prizes! They're the reason we go out of our way, jump through hoops, and compete with our fellow player: to get neat shwag. So, here's my question to the players, when tournaments, guilds, and quests are implemented into the game - what should your reward be?

IMHO, lol:

o Quests should be the only way to unlock an Ancient monster - limiting each player to one obtainable Ancient of each species and really increasing their value past that of a legend. I also think these quests should be pretty lengthy, and just like legend in Pokemon, there should be no guarantee that you get said uber being. (Of course, we all have our Ultimate Boxes, don't we?)

o Tournaments should be held semi-regularly, with participation unlocking small "bonus maps". They don't need to be detailed, but they might offer one or two monsters that are otherwise unobtainable. Perhaps you earn 1 point for participating, 3 for winning, and every 5 points a small map opens; special event tournaments might feature special "this time only!" maps?

o Seems silly, but I also like the idea of "random events". Monsters suddenly gaining one level, a random UV increasing by one point, items found on the ground while walking around, ninja attacks that trigger a battle with some NPC around your level, things of that nature. It makes the game kinda exciting. c:

(I'll be adding to the list as people post, so we'll have a quick reference and fewer double-posts. <3)

Henrie says:
  • Quests should unlock Ancients, one per species per player.
  • Tournaments should be worth points, 1 for participation, 3 for victory, and every 5 points a small map with a couple exclusive monsters should be made available to the player. It'll drive collectors nuts.
  • Random events. Monsters suddenly gain 1 level, 1 UV point, items found on the ground, surprise NPC battles...
Kamidara says:
  • Awesome items as a reward for long quests, eg. a key to a hidden map.
  • Membership maps!
Psywar says:
  • Major tournaments should have UV upgrades/nature changes as prizes.
the quest idea doesn't seem to bad, I like the fact of only being able to obtain one making it worth much more, but what if someone sold it would they be able to get another one
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2012-04-23, 11:40 PM)Pein Wrote: the quest idea doesn't seem to bad, I like the fact of only being able to obtain one making it worth much more, but what if someone sold it would they be able to get another one
Well, if you sold it, then someone bought it. Just like donation monsters, I'm sure they'd go up for sale every now and again. You'd be able to obtain multiples, it'd just likely cost you a pretty sum of money, or perhaps you'd trade away Ancients you don't like for ones you do. c: I just don't want to jump onto the Market and see a billion of a legend for sale.

What about you? What would you like to get for completing a long quest or winning a tournament?
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Yes, I've suggested long quests to where you can get an awesome item for your hard work.

Like.. In order to get to this one place that contains an Ancient, you first have to go -random map- battle this NPC for this item, then go to this -random map-, talk to the professor, go to this -random map- and cross over to here and catch -random monster-, then go back to professor while having the said caught monster in your team and he gives you a special item, special item could be a random key or something and you get access to -random map-.

=P

Umm about the maps, if we get our official map maker that works for the game instead of just giving us maps and leaving, maybe we can have the idea of bonus maps. There were plenty of ideas for other maps that aren't for the public like.. Membership maps, if we ever get membership. Only those with membership passes go to those maps, the map is excluded for about 1 week and once that week is over, it is released to the public.

CeFurkan is going to be hosting some epic tournaments with epic prizes and such. I look forward to that *_*
how about holding major tournaments with a price of nature change/full uv upgrade...
*THINKS* Hmm what to think of. Whats a good idea? I'm bursting my brain of thinking of an idea for the game. I totally like the idea but what else to add? Maybe adding to many thing will be too much for some players and they'll quit. So I'm going with the current idea. Big Grin
[Image: 4ab640cb58ed8813afd342449a09e628.jpg]
 3DS FC: 0103-9714-7767
 Name: Dexter
 Friend Safari: Electric

support, will brainstorm additional stuffz
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
i'll brainstrom too, because i love dem fabulous prizes Smile
You dare Challenge ME ?

Random events...those things are awesome...even if it is just a tree randomly vanishing one of the times you use ram....I mean you do know...that for it to actually be "random" there would have to be some negative random events?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
that makes it more fun though :p
yes I know...I adore random events...although I do believe they should be as degrading in some cases as they are rewarding...yall want monsters to be able to gain levels,uvs etc etc from random events? Make it so as the opposite can occur as well *even if there is a lower chance of a negative event*
omg someone's monster losing a level and downgrading to a challenge level. it would be hilarious.
haha that would be soo epic I don't know if I could stop laughing at the person that happened to Tongue

You know what? I think i would buy an exp max for the poor guy/gal...especially if it was 69/84...getting that 1 mil exp...and then hitting a lv decrease random...I could just imagine the look on their face Tongue
it would make my day.
anyways...if you don't object...we make a list of possible random events...and then delete most of this little back and forth we have been having?
sure, minus the deleting part. 0.-
You don't need to delete =.=

Some of your events are evil ;-;