Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electronic Dance Music
Hey guys! As you guys probably know, I'm a huge fan of electronic dance music, especially trance. Therefore, I decided to create this thread, in which any fans of EDM can post their favorites, and people wanting to know more about the EDM scene can learn about it here by listening to those songs!

I'll just quote this post to start putting some songs in here, since that list contains my favorite trance songs!

(2012-03-01, 09:23 PM)Lamb Wrote:
  1. Imagine - Armin Van Buuren: This is just such an incredible song. Armin Van Buuren just puts everything together to produce such excellent sounds. This, in my opinion, is the best song ever.
  2. Coming Home - Armin Van Buuren (Arctic Moon Remix): Another amazing song. I like always start to cry or at least get a little teary when I listen to this. It definitely makes you reminisce a lot as well.
  3. Waiting - Dash Berlin featuring Emma Hewitt: A fantastic vocal trance track. Dash Berlin's sound combined with Emma Hewitt's beautiful voice makes this a very nice trance piece.
  4. Full Focus - Armin Van Buuren (Ummet Ozcan Remix): Really nice remix of one of Armin Van Buuren's classic songs. Ummet Ozcan definitely showed his worth with this remix.
  5. An Angels Love (Vocal Mix) - Alex M.O.R.P.H. featuring Sylvia Tosun: A beautiful songs with great vocals. It's just really, really good.
  6. I Don't Own You - Armin Van Buuren: A mysterious track, very enjoyable.
  7. Mirage - Armin Van Buuren: A really cool song that really shows the mastery of AVB.
  8. Space Odyssey - Shogun: I actually first found out about the up-and-coming Taiwanese born US-based trance producer Shogun when someone on Smogon posted a very nice trance mix including one of his songs. The song is Save Me by Shogun featuring Emma Lock, and I really liked the song. And then I noticed that Shogun also appeared in Armin Van Buuren's Mirage: The Remixes album, remixing the song Take a Moment by Armin Van Buuren featuring Winter Kills. Shogun also appears on Armin Van Buuren's A State of Trance 2011 with Skyfire. I really like his songs, and Space Odyssey is just incredible. It includes this really awesome countdown that's just so good. A really nice track.
  9. Elegia - Alexander Popov: This song is featured in Armin Van Buuren's Universal Religion Chapter 5, I just love it so much. It's very chilling and just so good.
  10. Rain - Armin Van Buuren featuring Cathy Burton: An excellent piece of trance music. It's really good.

Well then, post away!
If it's Electronic Dance Music.. Then can it be Electronic by itself and Dance by itself? Tongue

(2012-03-02, 11:12 PM)Kamidara Wrote: If it's Electronic Dance Music.. Then can it be Electronic by itself and Dance by itself? Tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Dance_Music
Why couldn't you just answer the question yourself? r.r

I didn't really understand the question, so I linked you to that article. If that article doesn't answer your question...can you elaborate?
No, I will not ._.

Skrillex
Deadmau5
Daft Punk
Basshead
Nero

Oooh, I've been hooked on those for a while. Mostly Monstercat and Lapfox stuff like...

Eminence - Tanpopo
Mayhem - Roughworld

And blah blah. Just don't feel like typing out a longer list honestly.
There's a channel on YouTube called NeurofunkGrid. It's a relatively well-known promotional channel that helps new-coming artists get signed. (Or so says the description.) It's full of music. It's not necessarily "Electronic Dance" ... it's more along the line of Dub-Step type music, but a lot of it is dance worthy and (technically) electronic.

But for some better electronic dance-type music:

ATC - All Around The World (la la la la la la la la)

Dj Umek - Posing as me (ORIGINAL HQ)

Those are the olnly 2 I can think to look up right now. But perhaps I'll suggest some more later.
Also, she's not electric or dance, but I'd like to suggest that you look check out
Sainkho Namtchylak
She's more like... lounge type music. But she adds Tuvan throat singing among other cultural music elements. Plus plain old singing. She's very interresting -- and seeing as we're suggesting music, I thought I'd make a shout-out.

I realized after I suggested that Sainkho song, that I should have suggested Who Stole the Sky instead of Running Tapes. Although they're both very good.

Who Stole The Sky
Great songs Dawn and sundance93 (who is now banned? :O)! I really enjoyed them.

Here are a few trance songs I highly recommend listening to:

Tenishia - Always Loved, Never Forgotten (The Day Will Come) - A great song by Tenishia, who I honestly have never heard of before I listened to this song. I'm glad I know who he is now though!

Super8 - Cre8 - An excellent, excellent uplifting trance track.

Shogun featuring Emma Lock - Save Me - Shogun's mastery and Emma Lock's beautiful voice produced an extraordinary piece of vocal trance music.

I hope you guys like the songs!
Avicii - Levels
I am the stone that builder refused, I am the visual, the inspiration that made lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright, The same spark that lights the dark, So that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in ya box, The bullet in ya gun, The inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son

The story that just begun, The promise of what's to come, And I'mma remain a soldier till the war is won
Haha, yeah I listened to Levels some time ago and it really is a great song. Thanks for sharing it Goat.
Well, Universal Religion Chapter 6 mixed by Armin Van Buuren came out on the 14th.

Here's the tracklist:

CD1
01 Andrew Rayel feat. Jano – How Do I Know (Armin van Buuren Intro Edit)
02 Andy Duguid feat. Shannon Hurley – I Want To Believe
03 Blake Jarrell – Barbados
04 Solarstone with Aly & Fila – Fireisland (Future Disciple Remix)
05 Armin van Buuren feat. Ana Criado – I’ll Listen
06 Abstract Vision & Elite Electronic vs Broning – Relict
07 Protoculture – Perpetual Motion
08 Ørjan Nilsen – Burana
09 Beat Service – Fortuna
10 Andrew Rayel – Aeon Of Revenge
11 Skytech – What’s Wrong (Skytech Stadium Mix)
12 Stoneface & Terminal – Green Velvet
13 A.R.D.I. – Premonition
14 Matt Davey – Believe In Me
15 Jorn van Deynhoven – Headliner
16 Sasha Carassi & Mikael Jonasson – Void *
17 Armin van Buuren presents Gaia – Status Excessu D (ASOT500 Theme) *
* Armin van Buuren Mash Up

CD2
01 Alex M.O.R.P.H. – Eternal Flame (Original Breaks Mix)
02 Omnia – Infina
03 Richard Sebastian – Full Disclosure
04 Jaytech feat. Steve Smith – Stranger (Kyau & Albert Remix)
05 Juventa – Metamorphose
06 Faruk Sabanci – Elveda
07 Daniel Kandi – 3 Strikes UR In
08 Dash Berlin feat. Emma Hewitt – Like Spinning Plates (Alexander Popov Remix)
09 Paul Webster feat. Angelic Amanda – Time (MaRLo Dub Remix)
10 Tomas Heredia – The Witch
11 Andy Moor – K Ta
12 Richard Durand & Protoculture – Pleasure
13 Matt Bukovski – Retrospection
14 Aligator feat. Daniel Kandi – The Perfect Match
15 Mark Burton – Understatement*
16 Sunlounger Try To Be Love *
17 Neptune Project feat. Polly Strange – The Inside
* Armin van Buuren Mash Up

You'll notice that Armin included his great new single I'll Listen featuring the vocals of Ana Criado. That song is just amazing. I listened to UR 6 from the beginning and it's amazing. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Hardstyle :O The style for Shuffling!!!

Beautiful trance music.

ARMIN VAN BUUREN VOTED NUMBER ONE DJ IN THE WORLD!!!

CHECK OUT THE TOP 100 HERE!

GO ARMIN VAN BUUREN!!!

An awesome trance track that's just right for Halloween! Big Grin

Time to revive this thread!

Since it's summer, why not listen to this great track?

The Neighborhood - Sweater Weather (Shaun Frank Club Cover) is my favorite these days Smile
thank you so much
thank you
thanks for your article, you can access metropol fm radio to listen to good electronic music, not only music but also many other very attractive programs
Thanks you post
Indeed, edm has become a trend of young people
quite interesting and this is where i download free suonerie